Guild Wars 2

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, I'm debating between this and WoW to fill my MMO niche.

Dagger/dagger ele any good for a solo player?
PvE? PvP? WvW?

In general it's a very good Ele weaponset, in PvE it's a bit more risky, but usable. Keep all weapons on you anyway, changing traits around is free and can be done on the fly, swapping weapons and retraiting is a matter of a few seconds and a dozen clicks.
Also get celestial gear.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Can't go wrong with Ele for WvW. Every combination of their 1handers is good for 1v1, and then you can just swap a staff and respec real quick if you need to drop some meteors on people. The ability to respec anywhere is definitely a huge boon for the WvW ele, especially one that carries around a lot of gear. :p

Caliane

yeah, was about to post.

I have said repeatedly how much I despise the old system. Not sure on this new one yet.

Removing STATS from the traits is a huge +++++. Half the reason you HAD to pick certain trait lines was the stats.
+healingpower/toughness trait line? yeah, can't imagine why no one takes that...

What I do worry about is, adding those stats to gear.
Stats on Gear is not much fucking better. The itemization is pretty notoriously bad in GW2. Stat collation seems damned random at times. like ruby rings, or the level 78 exotic craft backpacks
Going from exotic to ascended, the stat gain varies piece by piece..

Itzena_sl

shitlord
The NCSoft "predicted earnings" part of their most recent financial report has a big spike for GW2 income in Q3 this year, so around then.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Any info on that report for Wildstar potentially going F2P?
Not really

rrr_img_95536.png

Caliane

409 gm tools now. what?
huuuuuuuge nerf to grenadier. granted. it needed it.. or.. wait "made baseline." nvn, huge buff to leveling grenades. its always 3 now.