Guild Wars 2

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Mesmers can frontload half my HP in damage. :/
So I take it combat / TTK is still super quick? I loved the beta vids showing tactical combat with counters, longer TTK, etc... only for release PvP to be a quick death gank fest :p

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Came back to the game. Had fun for a bit then remembered that new content / WvW is essentially following a commander tag in a zerg from point a -> b -> c -> repeat. Back on the prowl for something to play.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Played this at release with the Rerolled (FoH back then?) crew. Thinking about trying it again and rolling a Mesmer.

End-game still just back-and-forth WvW zerg?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
WvW end game is whatever you make it to be. You can solo roam, small group havok, ppt zerg, blob, scout/defender, zerg buster, gvg, these are not present all the time. Solo roam, scout/defend you can do anytime. Group havok if you have a guild that does it. Ppt zerg, blob fights whenever a pug commander tags up. Zerg buster, gvg, whenever your guild rallies for their primetime, usually most action in NA.

Server ranks also make a difference, being on the top 6 servers you're going to run into zergs/blobs often, as you go lower you encounter more roaming and havok, and zergs basically in NA primetime. The smaller stuff is also obviously better with a guild or friends.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
None of the classes ever really got me interested. I'll probably just wait for the expansion whenever that is.
Likewise, which is why I doubt I put 5 hours into it after launch until now. I've always played Paladins or healers in MMOs, two mechanics (tanking and healing) largely absent from GW2 and thus the Guardian didn't do much for me. I made a new human warrior this afternoon and just wandered around, doing lowbie quests and once I got a great sword I found the game play to be enjoyable, so I'll probably stick with that as I tend to not enjoy ranged or magic combat as opposed to melee. But I'll wait for the xpac to decide if I want to put any significant time into the game at all.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
Come back to this every couple of years, and really want to love it but... meh. The classes are pretty cool and there are some reasonable interesting builds, the problem is nothing you do seems to be any fun. Events are still mindless and zergy, dungeons are more about knowing the fastest way than actually mastering your class's role in a group, and everything you do seems like grinding 1% closer to the next arbitrary goal, rather than actually accomplishing anything tangible. WvW was fun for a bit back in the day, but ultimately pointless noob-stomping.

I mean I got my money's worth so I really can't complain. I just feel like this game could be pretty good, but it's somehow just so bland and crap.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Dungeons are more about knowing the fastest way than actually mastering your class's role in a group.
Um. Isn't being able to play your class (in your group setup) to its maximum potential part of "mastering your class"?

Caliane

Date or what?

cond changes, LA, etc already going live. I would think "sooner then later". sept I would think.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have no idea how I'm supposed to gear my ele after this patch.
Any updates on this? Ele was my first 80 and always my "main", ran D/D for a bit and shifted to S/D or S/F for roaming WvW and Fractals mostley geared at Power/Prec/Vit with the ascended celestial jewelry. New builds look neat, think just tinkering I went Earth, Air, Arcane.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I would pre-purchase this if they gave the impression that the xpac will have more then 3 zones bolstered by a "it's SO vertical" gimmick, but what they've said or shown so far doesnt really sound like it's going to be that much content. I'm seriously expecting them to deliver only slightly more content than Dry Top and Silverwastes combined. Does anyone else get that impression or am I just too bitter here?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
IDK, Arenanet has been pretty good on delivering but who the hell knows. With companies like Bungie going full retard, anything is possible.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Have there been any rumors for xpac release?
I got an email from a local retailer saying october, so I guess nobody really knows.

What they have done with the game since release is actually quite impressive, with permanent changes to the world, world bosses and so on, but if you play it day to day, most of it doesn't really matter. In fact, it's really hard to get any sense of progression once you hit exo/ascended, fractals are mostly about getting a not-retarded group, you simply don't matter in most world boss fights, dungeons are group dance for 5 gold... The lego grind is only getting further away until they figure out that people really don't like gambling in the mystic forge. I love their crafting system, especially cooking is quite a lot of fun, but you have to ditch all the guides, otherwise it just shrinks into numbers.

Caliane

they don't have a test realm.

Like the day before the patch, the few people/streamers given access were all commenting on how patches were being made, and all content they were streaming was not final, and may not represent what went live.
new changes were made to the build the DAY before it went live. Like for engineers, there was a trait that reduced gadget cooldowns by 50%. this was changed to 25% the day before it went live.

So balance after patches is a giant clusterfuck. nothing is tested. Its why have the stuff is broken. and the other half is insanely op.

they doubled the hp of world bosses yesterday. again, they never tested or considered the cond changes would buff raid dps by like 90%.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Insider information is an issue with GW2 because previously worthless crafting materials can suddenly become literal gold mines (see Dulfy). So they can't have a test environment with limited numbers or that's just going to happen again. And since Anet seems reluctant to put anything in words before it goes live, they probably won't put up patch notes for a test realm either.

So the only thing they can do is to have a completely open test realm where everybody can join. They do seem to be too lazy to actually install that though; it would however be very effective in preventing patches like the one we're seeing right now.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
On the other hand, making a world boss unkillable (Tequatl) due to a kneejerk reaction makes you look like you know what are you doing