Guild Wars 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Lol i did a 2 man bounty yesterday that was overlapped on two ongoing events, what an absolute shit show that was. Like endless hydras and big sand fish spawning on top of this guy pulsing electricity damage and fire waves you have to jump over

That's cool that the game is actually challenging, but that was unintentionally insanely hard hahah

Are mesmers pretty difficult to play? they seem pretty strange to me. I'm curious about them or a ranger as an alt

They are definitely one of the more challenging classes to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Might be time to get back in, still haven't picked up any of the expansions. Next sale for sure.

If you're looking for difficulty and haven't played GW2 since vanilla, then you'll be pleasantly surprised. Random mobs can and will fuck your shit up if you're lazy. Going from core Tyria to HoT stuff is like playing your first Souls game. And the mob density is almost to pre-nerf Orr levels.

GW2 has grown into a great game despite its limitations, and doesn't get near the amount of respect it deserves. The mounts are stupid amounts of cool, the map designs are unparalleled, the HoT meta events are what we all wished WoW had, there's raiding now, the story is an actual story rather than an interactive shitty-anime, and there's no shortage of personal goals to aim for. It would be the best MMO around If it had WoW's underlying foundation, but chugs along happily being the best innovative one regardless.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh yeah thats one thing that i found to be really nice, the mounts actually feel really well done in this game. Cant wait to unlock the rest, and it's really nice you can use them on alts lol

Hekotat

If you're looking for difficulty and haven't played GW2 since vanilla, then you'll be pleasantly surprised. Random mobs can and will fuck your shit up if you're lazy. Going from core Tyria to HoT stuff is like playing your first Souls game. And the mob density is almost to pre-nerf Orr levels.

GW2 has grown into a great game despite its limitations, and doesn't get near the amount of respect it deserves. The mounts are stupid amounts of cool, the map designs are unparalleled, the HoT meta events are what we all wished WoW had, there's raiding now, the story is an actual story rather than an interactive shitty-anime, and there's no shortage of personal goals to aim for. It would be the best MMO around If it had WoW's underlying foundation, but chugs along happily being the best innovative one regardless.

It must be doing something right when Blizzard stole a lot of the mechanics from the fractals to put in the BoA dungeons.

I still love fractals, despite not having a trinity. I just want a crew to run with instead of pugging. That being said the community is really good in this game.

Dude was playing Third Eye Blind - Jumper the other day in a city, I've never seen actual instruments in a game like that before.

Needless

Toe Sucker
lol yeah the people that sit there playing songs is great, when i logged in a guy was playing Linkin Park - Numb

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It must be doing something right when Blizzard stole a lot of the mechanics from the fractals to put in the BoA dungeons.

I still love fractals, despite not having a trinity. I just want a crew to run with instead of pugging. That being said the community is really good in this game.

Dude was playing Third Eye Blind - Jumper the other day in a city, I've never seen actual instruments in a game like that before.

Be sure to request Freebird every time you pass by the musicians. It never gets old.

And that's another thing I forgot to mention about GW2: Its community is really awesome (unsure about the pvp'ers) and you'll rarely see a lot of toxicity or potatoes in map chat. Everybody is generally helpful because they have to be. You can't solo everything.

• 1Like

Hekotat

Logged in today for my 6 year anniversary chest. Gave me a fuckload of skins, dyes, weapons, character boosts etc.

Needless

Toe Sucker
PoF is 50% off... im contacting them about getting it refunded or gems or some shit since i got it like 2 days ago ffs lol

apparently if you get the HoT & PoF bundle they both get 50% off

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
PoF is 50% off... im contacting them about getting it refunded or gems or some shit since i got it like 2 days ago ffs lol

apparently if you get the HoT & PoF bundle they both get 50% off

I had to google it a bit but if you do this from the main page you can't really select the bundle. I had to go here: Buy Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion
then the code worked. Otherwise if you just add the fire expansion the heart of thorns is only list as an add on which increases in price once you apply the discount code. Using my link with base I got both expansions for:
1540528549446.png

awww yeah.

Above also works for middle and most expensive versions, almost did it for the 5K gems but already spent too much this week on other stuff.

EDIT: apparently they are fiddling with it because now you can't discount the middle or most expensive. Feels like I missed out now :(

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Jesus christ... SO much to do. I am starting to remember why I stopped playing because everything seems unobtainable, but that is my fault by not focusing on one thing and not taking it one step at a time. Going to set a goal and see if I can actually not get distracted.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Jesus christ... SO much to do. I am starting to remember why I stopped playing because everything seems unobtainable, but that is my fault by not focusing on one thing and not taking it one step at a time. Going to set a goal and see if I can actually not get distracted.

It can be daunting, but not needing to pay a sub allows for players to relax a bit and just slow-burn it. There's also no super aggressive raid scene that you need to keep up with. Maybe the only thing to worry about is getting ascension gear crafting started as early as you can, but that's only if you're super interested in doing high level fractals.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Question: Working on HoT masteries, specifically gliding. I'm set to train it, I have enough mastery points to level it up. Been doing events in silver wastes, but it seems like the experience there is going towards a tyria mastery instead, the % complete for gliding hasn't moved. Is there a specific kind of activity I need to work on to move that?

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
Question: Working on HoT masteries, specifically gliding. I'm set to train it, I have enough mastery points to level it up. Been doing events in silver wastes, but it seems like the experience there is going towards a tyria mastery instead, the % complete for gliding hasn't moved. Is there a specific kind of activity I need to work on to move that?

Silverwastes and Dry Top areas are considered part of the Core Tyria. You need to get exp in any of the Heart of Maguma zones for HoT masteries.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aye level in HoT zones. 3 separate mastery bars. Base game, HoT and PoF.

Base game and PoF are easier max out than HoT. HoT takes a bit because there are so many different mastery choices. But HoT has a lot of popular event chains.

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have been trying to get back into the game this weekend but I forgot my password, not having played in a few years. Their password reset feature is complete ass. Have to input your CD key to request a password reset email. What the fuck?

This is 2018. Everyone has their own little fucking online gaming platform(Battle.net, Arena.net, Uplay) that you have to log in through to download their games and they still expect you to write down your fucking CD key? Gladly, let me just log in to get it.. oh wait I can't, you retards. That and it's taking forever to get support to answer. Really makes me reconsider how badly I really want to play.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have been trying to get back into the game this weekend but I forgot my password, not having played in a few years. Their password reset feature is complete ass. Have to input your CD key to request a password reset email. What the fuck?

This is 2018. Everyone has their own little fucking online gaming platform(Battle.net, Arena.net, Uplay) that you have to log in through to download their games and they still expect you to write down your fucking CD key? Gladly, let me just log in to get it.. oh wait I can't, you retards. That and it's taking forever to get support to answer. Really makes me reconsider how badly I really want to play.
You sure you're doing it right? I just checked and the password recovery works like everything else, I typed in my email, got a reset email, clicked the link and it just asks for a new password, no cd key needed. Cd key shit sounds like GW1 accounts tbh. That's the link to reset: ArenaNet