Guild Wars 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You guys ready to get your carved bone spoons tonight? Save me space in the group!

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just a heads up. They just changed (Oct 30) Legendary Weapons to be like Legendary Armor. You now don't lose sigils or infusions when you change stats.

Have almost a full set of legendary armor and it's really cool not losing runes, etc. But I only have 2 legendary weapons because it just didn't seem worth the hassle since you always lost your sigils / infusions when you switched stats. It really sucked back a year or so ago when some sigils cost over 100 gold. Runes / Sigils are not that expensive now but it still adds up. Great change.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Boosted mesmer last night to go with the legit 80 ranger i leveled and the 80 guardian I boosted. Need to read through that metabattle wiki to get an idea how to build/spec. Also might have talked my co worker into playing.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Spent some cash, I dig it. Will switch to winter look in a few more days. Fashion Wars 2!
gw002.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

Boosted mesmer last night to go with the legit 80 ranger i leveled and the 80 guardian I boosted. Need to read through that metabattle wiki to get an idea how to build/spec. Also might have talked my co worker into playing.

Keep in mind that you won't really gimp yourself if you change talents around to suit your playstyle, that is probably my favorite aspect of this game. You aren't pigeonholed into running certain builds, I'm sure there are elitist fuckheads out there that still won't take you on raids unless you're a certain spec but that is to be expected.

Hatorade Hatorade I got that outfit out of a halloween box this year, I don't have any mount skins though.

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
What server are you on? I've started again after 4 years and this shit is so overwhelming with just how many new currencies they added, it's retarded. Might need to have people helping around to get back into the game otherwise I might end up quitting again.

Seemed everything I have tried to craft on my armorsmith and weaponsmith has required some material or currency that is account-bound from somewhere I don't even have access to, it gets ridiculous lol.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Are there damage meters etc.. for GW2? Like knowing what i need to work on/if i'm being competitive etc..

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think ArcDps is the one most players use. Should research it a bit though, pretty sure ANET is fine with ArcDps but it's a use at your own risk thing.

Servers only matter for WvW placement now

Even WvW servers will be going away soon eventually. Alliances are being worked on which will give ANET more control over WvW populations across time zones. Which should make WvW more competitive. In theory anyways. We'll see how well they pull it off.

Last edited:

Hekotat

ArcDPS and Reshade are the only two addons I know off that Anet doesn't frown upon. I don't give a shit about DPS unless someone is lagging far behind.

Did a fractal last night, couldn't remember teh mechanics of this specific dungeon. One guy says he's new to the game with some of the hardest to farm/get skins in the game, lol.

T Trollocaust We will get you up to speed once we see you in game. First few things you want to do are below
- Start HoT questline and get into the open world. Select gliding as your mastery and do events/quests until you unlock glding, then leave HoT for now.
-Stat PoF questline, get into the open world that gives you your first mount. Work on this questline and areas to unock all 4 mounts.

We can fill you in on the rest in game, but that will get you started.

Does anyone here have the FoH guild locked down in game? I tried to create it last night and it was already taken, I assumed it was one of us an not some pleb.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
ArcDPS and Reshade are the only two addons I know off that Anet doesn't frown upon. I don't give a shit about DPS unless someone is lagging far behind.

Did a fractal last night, couldn't remember teh mechanics of this specific dungeon. One guy says he's new to the game with some of the hardest to farm/get skins in the game, lol.

T Trollocaust We will get you up to speed once we see you in game. First few things you want to do are below
- Start HoT questline and get into the open world. Select gliding as your mastery and do events/quests until you unlock glding, then leave HoT for now.
-Stat PoF questline, get into the open world that gives you your first mount. Work on this questline and areas to unock all 4 mounts.

We can fill you in on the rest in game, but that will get you started.

Does anyone here have the FoH guild locked down in game? I tried to create it last night and it was already taken, I assumed it was one of us an not some pleb.
I can see if I'm still in it when I get home tonight.

• 1Like

Hekotat

I'm gonna need to run a HP train this weekend to unlock weaver. Seems the new hot shit build for Ele is with the weaver spec.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Looks like you're all PvE nerds, but if anyone's interesting sPvP/5 man unranked for shits and giggles, look me up at Choo.1097 (can also friend Zaara). Coming up on my 10,000 games played milestone and like doing double queues with folks. Playing Zerk Rifle Scrapper, can bring whatever you like to the table.

Hekotat

Looks like you're all PvE nerds, but if anyone's interesting sPvP/5 man unranked for shits and giggles, look me up at Choo.1097 (can also friend Zaara). Coming up on my 10,000 games played milestone and like doing double queues with folks. Playing Zerk Rifle Scrapper, can bring whatever you like to the table.

I'll bring a whole bunch of death and rage to the table.

EDIT: I tried to champion Trollo's cause on Reddit to get some light shed on the matter and the SJW's are telling me he deserved it. I call forth my FoH brethren, we cannot let this atrocity stand.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
WTF? A total ban? Without giving him the option to change the name? ANET has gone full retard again.

48h. Point is, they had plenty of chances to flag my account name prior to this, since its been in use for 6 years. Kicking me out in the middle of a fractal is a BS way to handle it. Especially when consider that I had just bought gems to buy a name change so I could transfer the name to a character I actually planned on playing.

TLDR. Created an account with this name. Created character with the same name, np for 6 years, even having dealt with ANET with tickets and shit. They had plenty of chances to deal with it then.
Came back to the game after 6 years, decided I no longer wanted to play the character but wanted to transfer the name so I bought gems for a character name change. Renamed the old character, reused the name on a new character.
2 days later I get a temporary ban for the name. What pisses me off is the gems. Remind me why I paid again? Disputing it on Paypal, tbh. If they ban my account for that chargeback I'll chargeback everything I've ever bought on Anet, including the original game. Fuck them.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users