Guild Wars 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Alright gents, I think we need to shoot for T2 in the fractals this week. This will require 20+ Agony Resistance on your char. Do ya'll want to plan for Wed night? It would be best if we had to as close to a full group as possible, as we have seen some of these nubs aren't very good.

Chime in if you'd be available or recommend another day. If you are lacking on AR we will be running fractals tonight and tomorrow night which should be enough to get you over the 20+ mark, if we need to farm some more I will be down for both nights.

Last edited:

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Due to family stuff it is hard for me to commit to a date/time (esp. since I am so far ahead timezone-wise). I am currently at 24AR, so good to go for the start whenever we are on and you want to do fractals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

If you guys need specific buff foods just link me what you need. As long as it's not a raid drop recipe I should be able to do it. Metabattle will show you what you need.

Hekotat

Looks like time change fucked my up 7CST Teq runs, I'll be going at 9CST now due to how late I get off.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Hekotat Hekotat , damn you dude...you're making me log back in. :)

Seriously, I'm done with Destiny, Spider-man, Assassin's Creed and RDR2, so I now have time to get back to this. I started the latest episode but never finished it on my Engineer, and then I have to do it on my Necromancer.

Fun times ahead. :)

• 1Worf

Hekotat

Hekotat Hekotat , damn you dude...you're making me log back in. :)

Seriously, I'm done with Destiny, Spider-man, Assassin's Creed and RDR2, so I now have time to get back to this. I started the latest episode but never finished it on my Engineer, and then I have to do it on my Necromancer.

Fun times ahead. :)

Welcome back, we are getting a nice little core-group rolling for more difficult content. Maybe soon we'll have enough to attempt a raid.

Watching Weaver videos and stumble across this duel, how long this 1v1 fight lasts is insane. Kinda makes me want to do some roaming WvW and get my butthole jammed.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally done with the PoF story (can't leave a zone without getting it to 100% first!), now working on LS3 to get access to the trinkets available there.

Kinda pissed that it added another Mastery-Tree along with it to grind apparently - not sure if it's worth it. So ... many ... masteries .. to .. grind still. Problem is simply that I can't play as much as I want to play though, not that I don't like actually having things to work for :D

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PoF masteryies come pretty quick while you are playing. The raptor and griffon are the mounts that get the most use so I maxed those fairly early. Still haven't finished the beetle track. No hurry.

The only HoT masteries I focused on were things like mushroom jumping, the poison debuff, max gliding, ley line etc. Still have a ton of them left to do. But have the important ones so not in a hurry for the rest of HoT either.

The point is that a lot of the masteries aren't important if you are not doing content that uses them regularly. And if you are doing the conent a lot then they come naturally. Can finish them up whenever.

Hekotat

Keep in mind that a lot of mastery points can be gained from achievements, not just map clearing and map points. Grim's advice is sound, I would just play and have fun and let them come naturally and maybe farm one MP a day. That way it won't be so overwhelming.

Is Silverwastes still the best place to farm money? The last two or three times I went there it seems really empty and impossible to keep the event chains rolling.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I got back yesterday. Like most games you come back after a long there is a small period where you're relearning how to play. I decided to continue on my Engineer which has been my main since release. She's a glass canon, and I kept dying. So I switched to my Necromancer, it's ridiculous how easy that class is, and how much survivability it has compared to my engineer.

They're both in full ascended, so it's not like the Necromancer is that behind the engineer. I think I will concentrate on the Necromancer for now. Just do my daily ascended crafting on the Engineer since the Necromancer has no crafting skills.
I need to get some agony resist on the Necromancer though since she's at zero while the Engineer is at 36 or so.

That also gives me more to do on Necromancer since she isn't 100% world discovery like the Engineer. I will eventually complete the latest episode on the Engineer though. I just can't abandon her.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is Silverwastes still the best place to farm money? The last two or three times I went there it seems really empty and impossible to keep the event chains rolling.

Not sure how good Silverwastes is for making gold, but I have been there to farm shovels recently (guild hall upgrades). Saturday is the best day for Silverwastes. Grab a taxi off in LFG. Usually at least one map farming chests and / or events there. Sunday works also.

Event chains in HoT are also popular, especially Dragon Stand. Again lfg taxi.

This video was posted a couple months ago in the forums. Worth a look. I checked it out, and some of this stuff works. But I craft for the AH and do ok with that.

Hekotat

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

I logged on around 815 and waited around 30 mins, looks like I missed everyone.

Hekotat