Guild Wars 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just realized that if you go to Special Collections and go to your spec you can get an ascended weapon for your class. I worked on this a few hours Sunday, should save me a lot of gold since I won't have to craft one.

Can put that towards armor now.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the reward is a sword. Each elite spec can do that for the weapon type the elite spec provides access to. It can't, for example, give you a weapon that is available to your class in core.

Hekotat

Yeah, the reward is a sword. Each elite spec can do that for the weapon type the elite spec provides access to. It can't, for example, give you a weapon that is available to your class in core.

That's fine, I have all those crafted already. I just need a 1h sword for my weaver.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
May give this another try. Been a few years since I played it. Gonna play it mainly for the story. What's a good pve class to solo bosses and maybe dungeons?

Hekotat

May give this another try. Been a few years since I played it. Gonna play it mainly for the story. What's a good pve class to solo bosses and maybe dungeons?

Most are pretty good, I'd avoid mesmer due to how complicated it is. Just goof around with the character boost and see what you like. It won't fully take until you confirm it at any point so you can try different classes.

Played some WvW tonight, I like the small scale fights might have to play it more.

Hekotat

Looks like you're all PvE nerds, but if anyone's interesting sPvP/5 man unranked for shits and giggles, look me up at Choo.1097 (can also friend Zaara). Coming up on my 10,000 games played milestone and like doing double queues with folks. Playing Zerk Rifle Scrapper, can bring whatever you like to the table.

Do you do any WvW?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
New Living world out, FYI for those that login to unlock and play later.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Actually decided to get into this again, mainly to take a break from PoE (enjoying it so much I'm almost burnt out on it)

Enjoying PoF, unlike HoT. Stuck with the daredevil since thats what I last played, don't need the shortbow anymore with mounts, so rocking staff and dual pistols for PvE, even if it makes me feel like a Matrix Online refugee. Feel pretty OP in most events, everyone else seems to be going pew pew, me I dive into a pack and everything is dead. I'm a filthy casual, so is most of the playerbase just more casual than I am? Not a complaint, just odd for me.

Heard Deadeye sucks? Haven't tried it yet myself, not sure which char slot to sacrifice on it.

Fire hydras, fuck those guys. Used to them now, but holy shit did they ever make me rage the first few times they pulled "suprise, meteor butsecks!" on me while I was fighting other shit.

Aside from that just that one story mission Night of Fire or some such thing. Was doing great up until the 1st end boss when I was getting raped multiple times by swarms of of those roller/hoverblade dudes that spew flaming aids everywhere. 1 is annoying, 5-6 together was a fucking nightmare. I died so many times just to clear those out, then finally killed the boss easy.

Snipers are annoying, but none of that 1 shot shit from the HoT ones that originally made me quit playing my necro lol.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
HoT ended up being the go to for map event farming, along with Silverwastes. PoF has the bounty run trains I think. For now, I generally only WvW if I'm playing so don't know all the PvE favorites atm.

GW2 is a casual game, pretty face roll in general PvE. It's raiding and fractals that get the better players. In open world its just a general zerg fest for most events. Some bosses require a bit of knowledge in terms of mechanics, but for the most part it's all easy.

Deadeye was very annoying in WvW but don't know how they are in PvE. They did get a small nerf in WvW recently. Again, don't know if it effected PvE.

The story in PoF is very hard for some classes and easy for others. Ended up naked (all armor broken) on my War during one boss fight when PoF first came out. But face rolled it with my Mesmer. So mileage varies. Really enjoyed the story in PoF. They have much improved on that end. Base game story is a click through borefest.

If you have 200 gold or can get it, be sure to do the Griffon quests after you finish the PoF story (required to get the quest). Griffon changes the game, not just in PoF.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So got exalted shoulders skin from a BL chest, guess its kinda rare, looks pretty cool got some wispy ribbon things that almost look like wings/cape, can dye the effect too.

So much bloody content to do, I've never played any of the LS episodes, bought the missing chapters from 2 and 3 so gonna jump into those this weekend. Gotta get off my ass and start working on ascended/legendary shit.

There happen to be a FoH guild for this? Dont care if its 2 people, I'm pretty casual. Might motivate me to get into fractals or even pvp.

Hekotat

So got exalted shoulders skin from a BL chest, guess its kinda rare, looks pretty cool got some wispy ribbon things that almost look like wings/cape, can dye the effect too.

So much bloody content to do, I've never played any of the LS episodes, bought the missing chapters from 2 and 3 so gonna jump into those this weekend. Gotta get off my ass and start working on ascended/legendary shit.

There happen to be a FoH guild for this? Dont care if its 2 people, I'm pretty casual. Might motivate me to get into fractals or even pvp.

We had a few people playing but I think we got burned out.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Pretty much committing to this, for a good while at least. I've only played this in small bursts before, kinda like CoX back in the day. Got back into necro, apparently if I do get serious later on, Scourge will allow me to do whatever. Happy with the Reaper for now, seems near invincible for regular PvE, even killing champs pretty easy, if slowish.

Plenty of content for me to chew through for awhile. Here's a pic with those new shoulders, kinda a D3 ripoff, but whatever I look badass in game. The "wing"
thingys move around like tentacles almost. Gotta admit, this game has one of the best transmog systems ever.
gwpic.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah, tons of stuff behind collections I don't even have open yet. I still haven't gotten a crafting skill past 100ish. Crafting is such a damn chore in any game I always drag my feet. (Thanks EQ!)

I picked up that world boss alert thing, sooo worth it, makes clearing those each day quick and efficient.

I find it hard to focus on getting shit done in this game, so many "ooo a squirrel" moments with events. I'm just amazed the population is so healthy all the time, even out of the way minor events, I'll usually run into at least 1 other person.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Crafting was pretty easy iirc. There was some website that would tell you exactly how many and current market cost of each mat you needed(could even import your own bank if you wanted), then it went through step by step guide on what exactly to make and how many. I think it took me a couple hours to hit 300 and I still have no real knowledge of crafting in this game :p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user