Guild Wars 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What's the elementalist build you're using, Tuco? My progress through the story content has been super slow but I finished Living World season 3 and am trying to decide if i wanna try to switch to an elementalist or stick with the mesmer as I head into PoF. The Ele build I originally came across uses the same Ascended set as my mesmer build (Svaard's set), so if I decide to swap classes I can hopefully just move the gear over and only have to worry about the weapon.
condi weaver:
(not me in this vid)

I hear a lot of whining from elementalists about being underpowered. I don't know enough about the game to say whether it's true and don't play at a competitive level. But I feel like an absolute monster with my weaver. I can blindly charge into the PvE encounters and dodge-evade-iframe fuck them as I learn the fights while deal enough damage that I feel like I'm cutting through them OK. I usually place top 5 DPS in zergs on ArcDPS, but I don't know how trustworthy that is.

Gear-wise, unless you're doing fractals and need agony resistance a full set of exotic Dire gear is super cheap.

I've also thought about trying out a more glass cannon condi weaver build like Condition Weaver | Snow Crows but am not sure when I'd use it since I'm not playing with any coordinated groups that would be able to support me.
When I'm playing I basically never think, "Man I wish I could exchange half of my survivability for 20% more DPS" or whatever it'd be.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
I may give that a try after I go round up more hero points to level up Weaver. It looks interesting, but also kinda a bummer since none of my current Ascended gear utilizes condition damage.

The build that I had been messing with was this one:

The whole class feels pretty alien when compared to the Mesmer, but then again, I could be just doing it all wrong.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I may give that a try after I go round up more hero points to level up Weaver. It looks interesting, but also kinda a bummer since none of my current Ascended gear utilizes condition damage.

The whole class feels pretty alien when compared to the Mesmer, but then again, I could be just doing it all wrong.
You can do the thing at the mystic forge which will change all your ascended gear stats. not free but cheaper than making all new gear.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
Forgot about that. I even did that to get a few of the pieces i have and still forgot about it. Ill just buy some cheapie Dire gear to play around with at first, if I end up really liking the class Ill definitely go that route. The mesmer is weird. I dont hate it, but dont really love it either.

ShakyJake

<Donor>

Fresh Air Tempest is what I run with my baby elementalist ('baby' as in, I'm no expert ele player). But I have no hope against core Champions or the tougher HP challenges in HoT.

I definitely need to try out that condi weaver build.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am enjoying this game. Got into a guild which helped with information and the Spider Queen for the Beetle mount. This game has so much to do that I find myself doing one thing only to get side tracked with something else. I actually have 152 coins and so I want to build towards the Gen 2 legendary as I progress. I ran out of Mastery Points and so I had to go around farming those. I also got help with the Hero points and have both specs done. Now I have to finish up the story line for 4 and then finish up the basic exploration for the 100% while also leveling those masteries because I seriously want "Auto-Loot". I also still have Thorns to work on, though I did get Glider.

Then....2077 came out.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Now I have to finish up the story line for 4 and then finish up the basic exploration for the 100% while also leveling those masteries because I seriously want "Auto-Loot".
I recently got that and now that I have it, I think they should make it a default feature instead of locked behind a fairly long mastery grind that competes with a whole bunch of other critical mastery grinds.

I really like that you can hit 80 and get geared enough to do any content outside of end-game fractals, but it sure fuckin' sucks not having mounts, auto-loot and even the EMP.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have yet to touch fractals or raids. I have not even finished crafting. So much to do.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I have yet to touch fractals or raids. I have not even finished crafting. So much to do.
That's what I love about this game. Tons of stuff to do but you never feel like you're "falling behind". Except for maybe the story, of course.

Speaking of which, I wonder if I should at least jump to Season 5 and complete what's been released to this point? Although I've completed HoT and PoF (albeit on different characters), I wanted to go back and finish all other seasons and episodes in chronological order. However that's going to take me forever since, quite honestly, I don't really enjoy the story portion of the game that much. Don't get me wrong, it's well done and all, but I'm at a point where I am way too impatient to read dialog / listen to characters blab, and also annoyed when forced into contrived combat scenarios.

Lastly, do you lose anything by completing seasons or even episodes with different characters? I know map completion only counts across one character, but not sure if something similar exists across seasons.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's what I love about this game. Tons of stuff to do but you never feel like you're "falling behind". Except for maybe the story, of course.

Speaking of which, I wonder if I should at least jump to Season 5 and complete what's been released to this point? Although I've completed HoT and PoF (albeit on different characters), I wanted to go back and finish all other seasons and episodes in chronological order. However that's going to take me forever since, quite honestly, I don't really enjoy the story portion of the game that much. Don't get me wrong, it's well done and all, but I'm at a point where I am way too impatient to read dialog / listen to characters blab, and also annoyed when forced into contrived combat scenarios.

Lastly, do you lose anything by completing seasons or even episodes with different characters? I know map completion only counts across one character, but not sure if something similar exists across seasons.
As a returning player it's been super confusing jumping around doing the different living world seasons and expansions. My route has been PoF > Season 4 > Season 5. There's so much re-use of characters in the story that old friends show up and I'm like, who the hell are you guys?

I decided to go back to Season 2, complete it and then do HoT just for some continuity in the story. Started the first episode and almost fell asleep. Shit rewards too :D

Randin

Trakanon Raider
As a returning player it's been super confusing jumping around doing the different living world seasons and expansions. My route has been PoF > Season 4 > Season 5. There's so much re-use of characters in the story that old friends show up and I'm like, who the hell are you guys?

I decided to go back to Season 2, complete it and then do HoT just for some continuity in the story. Started the first episode and almost fell asleep. Shit rewards too :D
Yeah, Season 2 is easily the roughest, story-wise (I'd say even the Personal Story ranks higher, and that's not going to be winning any awards for the writing). But at the same time, Season 2 (and the Season 1 recap cutscene) is also where you get just about all your context for the core NPC group that you roll with from there on out, so if you care about the story, it's worth it to go through.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
so anything I shouldn't miss out on doing for wintersday? I don't really like the events and don't even know what to do with all this karma and it seems like the primary rewards for wintersday are karma.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I went so far as to reinstall GW2 a few months ago and couldnt even remember what half the shit in my inventory was for, much less how to play. Think I'll have to make a new character if I ever want to play this again.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I went so far as to reinstall GW2 a few months ago and couldnt even remember what half the shit in my inventory was for, much less how to play. Think I'll have to make a new character if I ever want to play this again.
Yeah when I came back I rolled a sylvari reaper. By level 10 I pretty much had the hang enough and jumped to my main.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah,

I still do not know what half the stuff in my Inventory is for. I know it is used either as a currency or for crafting. I play on and off. I enjoy it ok, but it does not hold my attention as much as I hoped it would. I think it just has to do with the amount of work you go through for small incremental upgrades or for a different look. I do love what they did with mounts. That is the game's best feature.