Guild Wars 2

Dom_sl

shitlord
You might want to edit out the phone number in the bottom left if it's a friend. You might also want to edit out that you use AOL, because... really? AOL?

Wtf, you can play the game for a few months and then get your money back? So you can basically play GW2 for absolutely free? :O That's insane.

I got a refund after doing the beta and realizing I don't like it. But I did the refund just before the game released so I had still only done a pre-purchase at that point. To think you could do it NOW though is pretty nuts. If enough people did this they could go out of business :p

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Wtf, you can play the game for a few months and then get your money back? So you can basically play GW2 for absolutely free? :O That's insane.

I got a refund after doing the beta and realizing I don't like it. But I did the refund just before the game released so I had still only done a pre-purchase at that point. To think you could do it NOW though is pretty nuts. If enough people did this they could go out of business :p
Again, I think they must believe in their product. Also, you do lose your game key, so you can't log on later without paying. Considering its subless nature, I imagine most people who liked it at all will keep it so that they can try it out a few months or years down the line.

Perhaps their RMT is pulling in such a large amount of money that game sales are worth sacrificing for some positive PR?

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
It was worth the $0 I paid and the 10 seconds it took to cancel the pre-order on Amazon after playing a few of the betas. No more.

Again, I think they must believe in their product. Also, you do lose your game key, so you can't log on later without paying. Considering its subless nature, I imagine most people who liked it at all will keep it so that they can try it out a few months or years down the line.

Perhaps their RMT is pulling in such a large amount of money that game sales are worth sacrificing for some positive PR?
Yeah maybe. And maybe like you said, they just know that a lot of people are happy with it and will likely keep it just so they can play it any time. Very strange though, but I am happy for them being successful, even though I don't personally like it.

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
Gonna try this. We shall see. It was fun for like 2 months but it seems to be dying. Guess it will go into the ground with all my hopes and live with swtor.

Looking forward to ESO tho =()

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The game is easily worth the box cost for going 1-80 once or twice, let alone any extra time you might have spent on the dungeon/fotm hamster wheel or in the WvW zerg. Asking for a refund after beta or within a couple of days is fine with me, but playing the game for a hundred hours or more (not saying you did, but in general) and then asking the money back two months after the purchase is a pretty lame move. Kudos to them for agreeing to that, I sure wouldnt.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sounds like fraud. I'm sure this isn't intended for months after purchase. Guess i'll have to forward this along.