Guild Wars 2

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
There are some limitations, but I don't remember exactly what they are. I know guild improvements "stay" on the server you build them on so if you have a fully upgraded guild and move it to a new server you'll have to upgrade everything again. You can /w and mail cross server, talk and join guilds from cross server, but I'm not sure what the grouping limitations are. I know that if you're in an overflow server you can have people /join on you or /invite others and they can join you and even run instances within that overflow, but I'm not sure if they can "follow" you from zone to zone and group with you being from different servers if you're not in one. You also can't receive guild buffs, see guild upgrades, or accumulate guild influence for a guild that is not located on the same server as you. If you change servers, you lose the accumulated WvW bonuses for the week from your previous server and you're blocked from benefiting from your new server for 1-2 weeks (but they are useless anyway).

The guesting feature was supposed to allow you to visit other servers to play with other people but it hasn't been implemented yet and there is still no eta.

Caliane

Sea of Sorrows still has a great community. or join PRX on seafarer's EU.

Also, you can still do dungeons, etc with anyone anywhere.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Also, you can still do dungeons, etc with anyone anywhere.
Actually for fractal dungeons, the entire group have to be in the same Lion's arch. The other day, I tried it with people in fort aspenwood LA, and Emry Bay LA, and it didn't work. So, its got to be either everyone on one server, or everyone in the same overflow. Then again, that is just for fractals, not the other dungeons, and it's not hard to get onto an overflow lions arch, so it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All you have to do is right click on someones name in your party and click join them for the overflow they are in.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
All you have to do is right click on someones name in your party and click join them for the overflow they are in.
Yup, but that won't help if nobody was in overflow in the first place; which is what happened to me the other day. Half of the group was on Emry Bay, the other half in Fort Aspenwood, and it was late at night, with nobody being able to get into overflow.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Did some interviews with two devs from Anet on this week's Guildcenter.

This week we have two special guests from ArenaNet that join us for our World vs. World segment; game developers Habib Loew - WvW Team Coordinator and Matt Witter - Systems Designer. We discuss all the issues of the day as well as the potential of future content. Stay tuned for scary boxes, evil dolls and a few hints, if you listen carefully enough, of what might lay ahead for the February Update.

http://www.guildwars2junkies.com/201...anet-wvw-devs/

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
How much gold is 4600 gems worth now? I traded all my gold for gems back in September when I quit figuring the price would go up.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
So an Anet employee (Colin Johanson) finally decides to visit the WvW section to link Draegan's interview and every single person who replied so far was disappointed and ripped into them (Anet, not Draegan). I don't know why people always expect a miracle patch but I'm glad they are finally starting to wake up and are now acknowledging that this game isn't centered around PvP like most thought and that Anet really just doesn't care much about it right now. Yesterday someone on Reddit did the math on a title WvW achievement and noticed that if you play 24/7 and kill a Yak every 5 minutes, it would take you roughly two+ entire years to complete the achievement. A half a day later on the Anet boards with the release of the Toy final event, the carebears started crying about the PvE event achievement being too hard (it's not) and the devs immediately responded that they are going to change the achievement next patch so only 1 Yak needs to live, not all 5.

The game is still a decent solo mmo game but the people in charge of the PvP just don't seem to have any idea what's going on. Matt Witter kept looking at Habib like "Bitch, I told you X, Y, Z are things we should have had done" every other question.

February will be really interesting.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1054404

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
A half a day later on the Anet boards with the release of the Toy final event, the carebears started crying about the PvE event achievement being too hard (it's not) and the devs immediately responded that they are going to change the achievement next patch so only 1 Yak needs to live, not all 5.
Considering how the event works, I don't disagree with the change. Doing "perfect" on an event where you get randomly thrown into groups is a bit of a pain, especially since it just encourages everyone to quit the event as soon as one of the dolyaks is killed. It'd be different if you could queue up for the event with a group of guildmates you trust (and I have no clue why they didn't do that).

Though, I do suspect people are going to find out a really effective strategy in a day or two.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It is a really fun event, they need to make it so you can go with a pre-made. The difficulty is like most pve difficulty, finding non retarded people to group with.

Caliane

So an Anet employee (Colin Johanson) finally decides to visit the WvW section to link Draegan's interview and every single person who replied so far was disappointed and ripped into them (Anet, not Draegan). I don't know why people always expect a miracle patch but I'm glad they are finally starting to wake up and are now acknowledging that this game isn't centered around PvP like most thought and that Anet really just doesn't care much about it right now. Yesterday someone on Reddit did the math on a title WvW achievement and noticed that if you play 24/7 and kill a Yak every 5 minutes, it would take you roughly two+ entire years to complete the achievement. A half a day later on the Anet boards with the release of the Toy final event, the carebears started crying about the PvE event achievement being too hard (it's not) and the devs immediately responded that they are going to change the achievement next patch so only 1 Yak needs to live, not all 5.

The game is still a decent solo mmo game but the people in charge of the PvP just don't seem to have any idea what's going on. Matt Witter kept looking at Habib like "Bitch, I told you X, Y, Z are things we should have had done" every other question.

February will be really interesting.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1054404
Nah. Its just they clearly do not have a ton of devs working on this. Look at class bug fixing, and how slow its going. Spoiled by Rift? I don't know. Not as bad as SWTOR, but I can't call the patching here all that great either. Lots of stuff since beta still broken.
Patch notes are often flat out wrong, on what they claim to fix.

Caliane

They just needed to allow some prep time in that tower defense. Have it not start till you talk to someone. (no smashing before that)

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Yesterday someone on Reddit did the math on a title WvW achievement and noticed that if you play 24/7 and kill a Yak every 5 minutes, it would take you roughly two+ entire years to complete the achievement.
Are you really saying there is a correlation between wvw achievement titles and how much they care about wvw?
every single person who replied so far was disappointed and ripped into them (Anet, not Draegan).
Not every single person, and even then, what is the point in saying this? Are people actually starting to think that official forums of any game are worth reading now?

I agree with some of what people are saying where they are clearly not focusing on wvw for whatever reason. Which is the main reason I am playing this game, but on the other hand not a whole lot needs to be changed with wvw for it to be perfect in my mind. Fix culling and add more reason to be there. Which may sound easy enough to fix, but I'm sure it is not. Which is fine, because those are the two things they are focusing on in the Feb patch.

Caliane

I mean like the live website for WvW rankings.. shouldn't that be someone elses job? Was it Habib that said he enters stuff into excel each week? Why is it even him doing that in the first place? Shouldn't that be some CM getting paid $10/hour, not the wvw lead? And the rankings shouldn't that be some web guy, or UI guy, not the wvw designers?

I just get the distinct impression their live team is short on numbers. Complete lack of bug fixing for classes, seems to enforce this to me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Close match in T1 Euro atm. We're 26 points behind with a small tick lead and there's 7 hours to go. I can't wait to get off work, we need all hands on deck!

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Are you really saying there is a correlation between wvw achievement titles and how much they care about wvw?
I'm saying the fact that they have ignored WvW the most in this game, and refuse to make simple fixes and acknowledge problems for WvW, is a given indicator that they don't give a shit about WvW like they do everything else. You can hang up on my achievement point all you want if you like, but it's a very simple fix that most people on their team should be able to do. They've proven they can address that specific issue in under 24 hours as they did with the PvE achievements. They've had 5 months. Fixing even small annoyances at this point would be a breath of fresh air as Anet has done jack and shit for WvW since Beta. If you want more examples just go look at the interview. Habib laughed when population issues were brought up, they claimed the WvW population disparity on HoD were as a result of one large guild leaving (when in actuality the most hardcore WvW guilds in Titan Alliance left the game in disappointment and everyone abandoned ship), the dev's dodged the question over WvW rankings that they told us in Beta would be in the game (as previously mentioned, why the fuck is Habib personally doing this and why can a random french guy get it done 4 months before Anet?). How about the exploits? Anet has yet to even acknowledge that you can climb into every single tower, keep, and castle in this game in under 5 min and solo cap a fortification. This has been going on since beta and there are videos on youtube showing you how to do it. There isn't even a proper option to report WvW exploiters in game and the exploiters I've personally reported since the HoD days are still running around JQ unbanned. I can go on with even more issues.

Compare that to the PvE part of this game where you actually have the devs working with the community to make lists and have discussions over bugs, exploits, and the games future. Many of which have already been addressed.

Not every single person, and even then, what is the point in saying this? Are people actually starting to think that official forums of any game are worth reading now?
Why wouldn't they be worth reading for GW2? Outside of WvW, the devs for Anet have been pretty damned good and they have been rather fast in acknowledging and solving most issues. Some of them communicate and exchange ideas with the community regularly. Believe it or not, for better or worse, Anet does read their boards and they do make changes based on majority perception. I can make a list of examples on that too.

I agree with some of what people are saying where they are clearly not focusing on wvw for whatever reason. Which is the main reason I am playing this game, but on the other hand not a whole lot needs to be changed with wvw for it to be perfect in my mind. Fix culling and add more reason to be there. Which may sound easy enough to fix, but I'm sure it is not. Which is fine, because those are the two things they are focusing on in the Feb patch.
I don't need WvW to be perfect either, but I do need at least someone to take notice of all the shit that is bad that is going on. It's almost pointless to play at any competitive level when some asshole can solo cap in 5 min the keep you worked an hour for to claim. It's even more frustrating when you have an entire guild like that on JQ doing it since beta, with numerous SS's and youtube videos of them running around doing it, and they still haven't been banned yet. As bad as culling is to most people, I'd think being able to exploit into keeps and solo cap while underground and invulnerable would be a bigger and more important issue.