Guild Wars 2

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Warrior abilities are better than just about everyone's except maybe Engineers, and Warrior abilities also have shorter cooldowns.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yes and my warrior definitely had more than 1 hotbar of abilities.

Edit: just checked a Tera website and warriors had well over 20 unique abilities, which confirms what I said about it have 2-3 hotbars of unique abilities.
Tera's combat ran off of combos that you could customize. You would select your combo key, your LMB and RMB and some third button I can't remember. You actually only used the hotbar to activate abilities when you're using utility or switch stances or something. (maybe a charge or a dodge?) I don't recall specifically.

Healer might of been different. But you did not need 10+ keybinds to play your character.

I guess if you didn't use the combo feature, you could activate each skill individually.

Ah, I think you're talking about the skill chaining feature where you could put a bunch of skills together in the UI and hit space bar to execute the next ability in the chain after using an opener. It's ok if you are always using the skills in the same order or you're using an ability that has to be chained off of another, but you'd probably still want most things bound so that you can use them dynamically (at least for pvp). I know a lot of people who played with controllers found it very convenient though.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Tera's combat ran off of combos that you could customize. You would select your combo key, your LMB and RMB and some third button I can't remember. You actually only used the hotbar to activate abilities when you're using utility or switch stances or something. (maybe a charge or a dodge?) I don't recall specifically.

Healer might of been different. But you did not need 10+ keybinds to play your character.

I guess if you didn't use the combo feature, you could activate each skill individually.
According to the official site,the priest class has over 30 unique abilities. The warrior has 24 and out of those the combo chains were typically only 2-3 skills. I just don't see how you could play Tera with less than 10 keybinds.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
According to the official site,the priest class has over 30 unique abilities. The warrior has 24 and out of those the combo chains were typically only 2-3 skills. I just don't see how you could play Tera with less than 10 keybinds.
You mean a Tera Warrior with less than 10? You could get by with 7, and if you were lazy, you could cut that down 4-5 (+spacebar), though I do not think that would be optimal.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Logged back in after being away from the game for awhile to check out season 2 of the Living Story, and, what do you know, a new zoneanda Living Story that *isn't* based around chasing a zerg? They might've actually learned something here.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Logged back in after being away from the game for awhile to check out season 2 of the Living Story, and, what do you know, a new zoneanda Living Story that *isn't* based around chasing a zerg? They might've actually learned something here.
Didn't make living story any less crappier. Just amounts to another chapter in your personal story.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
So, it IS better. since the personal story quests are like 10 times better than the shitty events or hearts or farming shit
Sure if that's what you want, you can complete the chapter in less than an hour and then they unlock the achievements so you get two weeks to farm those after.
Knock yourself out.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sure if that's what you want, you can complete the chapter in less than an hour and then they unlock the achievements so you get two weeks to farm those after.
Knock yourself out.
That is VASTLY superior to the shit they were churning out before.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
they unlock the achievements so you get two weeks to farm those after.
You mean two years? Since you can do them at any time.

(was away all evening, just logged in before going to bed, saw the popup, unlocked, saw the star mark over a new area, almost yelled "yea", then went to bed. Will see what it's about on thursday since today is drink-with-friends day)

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
You mean two years? Since you can do them at any time.

(was away all evening, just logged in before going to bed, saw the popup, unlocked, saw the star mark over a new area, almost yelled "yea", then went to bed. Will see what it's about on thursday since today is drink-with-friends day)
Sure if you want to wait that long, new set of crap will be coming up in 2 weeks though and then 2 weeks after and then 2 weeks after etc. If you're going to finish them might as well do it now since there ain't shit else to do the next 2 weeks.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sure if you want to wait that long, new set of crap will be coming up in 2 weeks though and then 2 weeks after and then 2 weeks after etc. If you're going to finish them might as well do it now since there ain't shit else to do the next 2 weeks.
Y'know, I shit on GW2 as much as the next guy (It deserves a lot of shit), but you're ACTUALLY just being a massive faggot, which is impressive. It's possible to recognize how fucking stupid most of a game's design decisions are while still also recognizing the things it does well.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Y'know, I shit on GW2 as much as the next guy (It deserves a lot of shit), but you're ACTUALLY just being a massive faggot, which is impressive. It's possible to recognize how fucking stupid most of a game's design decisions are while still also recognizing the things it does well.
Definitely true. I'm still attracted by this game, not even for the living story which I find normally a pile of shit with a few gems hidden inside. There is something in GW2 that clicks with me, which must be esoteric or shit like that, because I can't point to it. Combat is fun, some skills are lovely, exploration is unrivaled so far and the graphics are gorgeous. While I gave the game all the crap it deserved, considering it's B2P and by that feature alone, it's among my top titles. I bought a few gems in the past and maybe I'll buy some more in the future, but it's on my terms. ANet is not famous for listening, but maybe they learned something and they'll do GW3 with the holy trinity, who knows?
biggrin.png

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If you're going to finish them might as well do it now since there ain't shit else to do the next 2 weeks.
That's your decision, though. Unlike season 1, if you want to take three weeks to do one episode, or four, or mix two episodes, no sweat.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Correct me if Im wrong. Season 1 is the entire Zhaitan quest storyline starting around level 30 (after the class quests) and going all the way up to level 80. No idea how many total Zhaitan related quests there were but they kept taking you from one zone to the next higher zone.

Will Season 2 have a similar number of quests as the Season 1 Zhaitan quest chain? Any idea if all the Season 2 quests will take place all in the new zone or are they also spread out in the existing zones?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No, Zhaitan was the personal story. Season 1 was the whole Scarlet thing, and all that content is basically gone.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just to make sure I understood correctly, for season 2, I can log in once during every event and it'll automatically save that content to my account so I can revisit(or visit it) anytime I want, correct? If I miss one, I can pay a small fee in gems to unlock it instead but as long as I log in every 2-3weeks or whatever they're patching, it unlocks all the content and I can just do that later on if I feel like playing.