Guild Wars 2

Say what you want, tor was fantastic for the first month.
Fantastic? for every 1 thing TOR did right, it did at least 1 thing wrong, whoever designed it didn't learn anything from the mistakes of the 12 MMOs that came before it. uggh not gonna make the laundry list for the upteenth time, SWTOR was a 5/10 at best. Retention proved that.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
I agree that swtor still has a bunch of the common quality of life stuff missing and the reason I enjoyed it so much for the first month probably had to do with the class that I chose to play.

But still, to this day I have not played an mmo where I really was interested in the story of my character. I still believe the game looked great (environment, not the armor). Also I would imagine that why I liked the game more so than it might have merited is because of lightsabers, but I had more fun at the release of swtor than I had at the release of rift, tera, war, aoc, etc. I do wish it would have been better, but if I was given a chance to get my money back I wouldn't even consider it, I easily got my money out of it. Plus I am not a cheap bastard, or someone who doesn't do research on their purchases, I knew exactly what I was getting myself into.

Gauss_sl

shitlord
I played the game for less than 15 minutes after buying it but I would feel downright wrong about asking for a refund 4 months later.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Retention proved that.
After a couple months GW2 looks even more dead then TOR did, I know I checked in on TOR after a couple patches hoping it wouldn't suck (Praying they would fix their stun lock pvp).

Also fagball was amazing? People want to pvp not chase around some dude with a ball, also the classes were unbalanced as fuck with some having movement capabilities others didn't (In relation to fagball).

Think I'm about done with this thread, I think I'm being trolled at this point.

satael

Silver Squire
Quit TOR after 3 days after playing the retarded stun lock and fagball pvp.

Played GW2 for 2 days after playing the retarded "AoE the invisible crowd" pvp.

Notice a pattern here? The pvp in these games is god awful. Even WoW does it better which is something I hate to admit.
You are lucky that you made your mind up so fast that an open beta week-end was enough to show that the games are just not for you.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Well, I hit 40 in TOR and I think like 30 something in GW2 so I played them more then just a little.

I decided to stop buying new games and expecting them not to suck, it's just making me bitter seeing them all laying around my house.

Guess it's emulators for lyfe

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
I played the game for less than 15 minutes after buying it but I would feel downright wrong about asking for a refund 4 months later.
You really shouldn't feel bad about asking for a refund whether it's days, months or years later. Even if you enjoyed a product. For one thing even in this case they still made a profit off you by investing the money you gave them for however long. Digital distribution for the fucking win amirite?

Secondly they already budgeted for it. It's called loss. Every company already knows that on average X number of people are going to ask for a refund if offered. You're not taking money back from programmers or fucking up their Christmas bonus or something here. The most you've done is some middle manager flies economy to a conference in Japan next year. You're not driving Old Man Skeeter out of business down at the local grocery stop.

Finally it's business. Nobody has their feelings hurt here other then maybe a handful of butthurt fanboys who can't fathom why you didn't bust a nut at the thought of right clicking shit on the ground for 80 hours.

Caliane

Comparing GW2 to ToR... I just don't even know...

Keep chasing that dragon. You will never catch it.

I'm not going to say GW2 is perfect. there are clearly missteps. but its still a HUGE leap forward, when most other mmos are taking steps backwards.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How do you know within 15 minutes that you hated the game and would never want to play again? I feel like that would have barely gotten you out of the first personal story line instance. Maybe that and about 5 minutes of roaming.

More curiously, did you do any research about the game, to see if any part of it might appeal to you? I can't imagine spending $60 for something you know nothing about.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Gahahahahahaha.

This right here proves that no one should ever listen to your opinion about any game ever again.
This is quite amusing, in actuality what you are saying proves exactly why no one listens to you and why you were banned from the swtor thread.

Go. Away.

Gauss_sl

shitlord
How do you know within 15 minutes that you hated the game and would never want to play again? I feel like that would have barely gotten you out of the first personal story line instance. Maybe that and about 5 minutes of roaming.

More curiously, did you do any research about the game, to see if any part of it might appeal to you? I can't imagine spending $60 for something you know nothing about.
Would be surprised if you saw this again, but I didn't play it for 15 minutes because it was bad, it was just crunch time at work and by the time I had time again my friends had far outleveled me so I had no interest in continuing to play.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I'm one of the absolute cheapest bastards on this board, and bitch if I don't get a good dollar-to-cash ratio out of a game. I just can't see that with Guild Wars 2. Even poking around and playing it as a single player game for the first 20 level through each newbie zone gets enough time and enjoyment out of the game for its base price. Especially since you don't have to force it all in within 30 days.