Guild Wars 2

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yep. Main was a War at release, etc. Easy to play, a lot of fun, great in a small group roaming in WvW, great solo pve, etc etc. Just loved that toon. Problem was so did everyone else. Knew the nerf bat was coming, surprised it took this long.

Imo the main problem with warriors is that they were one of the best designed classes in GW2. I have toons of most of the other classes and they are all fun, but none of them gave me the same enjoyment factor that the Warrior had. Too many design flaws and too complex to play compared to the war. I do think the Mesmer is fun though. Necro was fun in beta when the pve content was tough. The rest are just ok. Engineer should have been fun but they screwed them up pretty badly at first.
Ahh warriors, one of the reasons I stopped playing WvW. They wouldnt render (back in the culling issues days), and I'd be one shot with some weird knockdown + 100 something strike. Before GW2 was released I was hyped up on watching the pvp videos, thinking the TTK was waaay slower than it was in reality. /yawn

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
One of the devs posted something along the lines of: "we know it sounds retarded, but somehow it actually keeps people playing" They had problems keeping the more casual people playing past the first few hours and layering the "complexity" is supposed to help

Apparently they focus tested those changes a lot, but they are still stupid and the new stat gains broke scaling when you are higher level apparently. The new collections make this game the nemesis of all ADD people.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ahh warriors, one of the reasons I stopped playing WvW. They wouldnt render (back in the culling issues days), and I'd be one shot with some weird knockdown + 100 something strike. Before GW2 was released I was hyped up on watching the pvp videos, thinking the TTK was waaay slower than it was in reality. /yawn
TTK is pretty slow now in WvW if you're 80 with any amount of Toughness gear. Berserker stats were nerfed just enough to the point that people don't want to use them in most WvW situations, unless you're like a mesmer or something that never has to worry about getting hit anyway.

This patch was amazing for WvW performance, it wasn't advertised or in the notes but there's basically no FPS drop for even the largest fights on even an average machine. Serverside latency was solved a long time ago.

WvW still isn't very compelling though.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The new collections make this game the nemesis of all ADD people.
Yea. Like, "collect all 18 ascended crated armors to get an exotic item reward" (that costs like 20g on the TP, not even a Legendary precursor).

Not that it stopped some items in other collections going from 8g on Monday to 400g today.

Silence_sl

shitlord
WTF. Did Anet fire all the original GW2 team? All the changes since the Trait Revamp have been GRADE A RETARDED. I haven't really played much since then. The new changes to leveling are WTF Sauce. They wanted to make the game easier for new players. Easier? Fucken A, this was already the most approachable MMO on the market, now it's just a jumbled mess.

MMOs would be vastly more profitable if these companies quit hiring retards.

Caliane

WTF. Did Anet fire all the original GW2 team? All the changes since the Trait Revamp have been GRADE A RETARDED. I haven't really played much since then. The new changes to leveling are WTF Sauce. They wanted to make the game easier for new players. Easier? Fucken A, this was already the most approachable MMO on the market, now it's just a jumbled mess.

MMOs would be vastly more profitable if these companies quit hiring retards.
To be fair, the trait system was Grade A retarded in the first place. Easily one of the biggest cluskerfucks in beta/launch. The team involved with the traits, and combat really fucked up pretty badly. (I haven't looked at revamp yet. doing now)

wow at that vid.. is that for real?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
To be fair, the trait system was Grade A retarded in the first place. Easily one of the biggest cluskerfucks in beta/launch. The team involved with the traits, and combat really fucked up pretty badly. (I haven't looked at revamp yet. doing now)

wow at that vid.. is that for real?
I liked the idea of unlocking specific traits for exploring the world, but having to do it on every character is crazy. Unlocks cost like 20 skill points and gold. I have 100% explored character, why do I have to slog through that shit again ? At least they now let you respec on the fly for free. Personally I still think traits are really underwhelming, I don't think any change the way you play the game and for PvE, dps is still the only viable build.

Yes the video is for real, but supposedly they made leveling 1-15 faster so you can fly past the retarded levels and I hope they fix the worst offenders swiftly.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you think traits aren't important or powerful then I don't know what game you played. There's a massive difference between good trait builds and just picking random shit.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They started the second half of the Season 2 living story today. A new zone added, and tons of gw1 lore references.
Thanks for the heads up. Don't forget that if you log in during the release window of a new episode, you unlock the episode for free, forever, for any level 80 character on your account. If you missed that window (lastst untill the next episode is released, usually after 2 weeks) you will have to pay 200 gems for the episode. You can replay any episodes of the new Living Stories, for instance for unlocking achievements in them which give some ok loot. As far as ok loot goes in GW2 off course.... I kinda like the weapon series that have the fossilized insects in them so that kept me playing for a while. Playing the episodes and getting those achievements chests yield a lot of ingredients for crafting these weapons.

I sound like an add but if you are not feeling up to playing those episodes now, just log in for a second and secure them for later on. The ongoing Storyline is still a good reason to play this game on and off, imo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I saw a reddit post about it so logged in for 5secs to unlock it and logged off again. I played a few of the episodes before, when I get bored I'll play the rest.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man, i got an email about that content release yesterday so i logged in to see it... So lost in that game now, haven't played it since launch lol
I heard leveling a new character is pretty shitty now? I wanted to level a guardian back before i quit but only got to level 26
frown.png

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Have to say this is one of the better living story episodes so far. The events are wvw in nature, defend and upgrade the forts, once they all reach level 4 you get to jump down underneath the fort to kill 5 bosses, you need pieces from the bosses to make the new armor skins. There's legendary bosses that also rarely spawn around the forts that grant some new titles. New armor skins available starting with the shoulders, new equipment stat combo condi/pow/prec recipes. There's also a little area where you pay a champ 2g and makes you friendly to the bandits in the area but turns on your pvp to players around there. Players can find chests in the ground and everyone also gets the chance to loot the chest, even pings the map when a chest is found. Story wise won't spoil it, but there's gw1 blast from the past lore in there.

Needless, yes leveling can be shitty, traits no longer start at 11 they start at 30, a lot other things were spread out, you don't get your elite now until 40. Still have ways to level up fast though, birthday boosters get you to level 20, you can play through spvp and get the tomes that give you a level (this method is slow), can still craft for levels, if you're broke then playing in eotm and following the karma train around is probably the fastest way to level now especially with exp boosters.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i logged on my 4 characters i had and ended up getting a bunch of insta lvl 20 items, and exp boosters that i can use lol

My bitch was already 26 though so i'll just use the exp boosts + birthday boosts when i have a good karma train going i guess. This will be a good way to kill a week until WoD drops i think

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Save birthday boosters for WvW if you ever plan on doing that. There's plenty of regular XP boosters that are easy to get.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think you can still log in low lvl characters when fighting the last boss of a dungeon to get some free xp (and shittier loot), just make sure to ask the rest of the group.

spronk

FPS noob
GW2 is 50% off until Dec 9th $20 for normal $30 for deluxe
Buy Guild Wars 2

no sub fee. i bought at launch and my highest level character is like... 15, I dunno why but I just can't get into the game at all. after 5 minutes online I alt-f4. which is weird, cuz I can totally tell its an extremely well made game and it should be right up my alley, but its not.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The game open up later. At launch everything was much more accessible but I don't really get why they locked things on lower level and you now have to unlock it by leveling. The living world really seems to get better but I'm a WvWer and when I do PvE stuff I mainly do the basic stuff and get the basic achievements needed.

I really like the way the game control and I'm still amaze how the servers handle the huge fight you can get in wvw. I'm impressed by how they can manage sharp and intense 1v1/small group fights to huge 300-400 players battle.

The GW2 community is really great. I think it's one of the best I experienced. If you need drama there is always the non official WvW forums.

What class you played?