Gun control

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Middle class affluent family, although divorced, social programs did not need he. Maybe some counseling?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
That is not necessarily true.
from edward bernays "Propaganda"

But when the example of the leader is not at hand
and the herd must think for itself, it does so by
means of cliches, pat words or images which stand
for a whole group of ideas or experiences.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Let's not forget the ultimate irony here: the company that makes the gun used in the murders is 6% owned by the California Teacher's Retirement System.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not keeping up with this thread, but I came across another graph and I can't resist a great graph. Anyway, gun ownership correlates extremely poorly with murder rate.

gc5.png

gc5.png

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Maybe you just have a violent culture. Add that to a view of people less fortunate as lazy with few strong social programs to help, as well as a need to pay the lowest possible taxes for freedom's sake, and you get where we're at.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
A common theme in propaganda is the us vs. them posturing, in which the speaker/writer encourages you to join with reasonable people and oppose the enemy. The us vs. them posturing is particularly damaging to society, in that it is inherently divisive and erects barriers to working together to solve problems that affect everyone. Most of the common propaganda techniques depend on group membership for their effect.

Because of propaganda's appeal to the emotion, use of fallacious reasoning, and appeal to membership in groups, propaganda appeals to an audience that is either irrational or unthinking

Propaganda and how to recognize it 2005.

rrr_img_3805.jpg

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I guess hieroglyphs are propaganda.
that was exactly the purpose of public images and public notices.

Also the Eqyption slaves that built the pyramids drank large volumes of beer and had a near unhealthy obsession with cats. the techniques for mass population control via drugging and distraction never went away....

The human being in this context is viewed as a Living programmable computer, We are born relatively early compared to other animals because our larger head wouldn't fit through a female cervix if we where to gestate longer. Part of the consequence is our minds at birth are at a relatively blank state compared to the majority of animals on the planet. Have you ever noticed a deer at birth for example can gets up and walks and knows what and how to eat and run the same day?

That is what I believe ancient rulers eventually figured out about the masses and our mammalian social behavior. 2,000 years ago may seem like a long time but for the species that is a very short period in its history. Our ancestors where a lot smarter than we give them credit for, and our DNA(behavior) hasn't changed in 2,000 years.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
They where, you notice the Eqyption slaves that built the pyramids drank large volumnes of beer(with bitters in it) and had a near unhealthy obsession with cats? the techniques for mass population control never went away....

that was exactly the purpose of public images and public notices.
Haha! You made me laugh. I can't stay mad at you.

Devlin

Golden Squire
How about you make a law that says anyone who commits an act of this nature will immediately have their name withheld from the press and the press will be forbidden to release their names under any circumstances, any failure to comply would mean the company in question would be closed down permanantly and fined an excessive amount of money in direct relation to the size of the company involved redering them unable to continue as a business.

The USA and UK both have a culture that glorifies serial killers. You were in a band 20 years ago that had platinum selling albums? Nobody will remember you or talk about you, you killed a bunch of women 30 years ago with a claw hammer? Congratulations. You will have books written about you, films, tv dramas and newspapers will constantly reference you.

Now put yourself in the mind of a mentally unbalanced loner, he watches shows about serial killers, reads books about them, has no friends, he wants to become famous like the people he idolises, they're like him, he knows because he's read about them and the things people say sound just like him.

Cybsled

A common theme in propaganda is the us vs. them posturing, in which the speaker/writer encourages you to join with reasonable people and oppose the enemy. The us vs. them posturing is particularly damaging to society, in that it is inherently divisive and erects barriers to working together to solve problems that affect everyone. Most of the common propaganda techniques depend on group membership for their effect.

Because of propaganda's appeal to the emotion, use of fallacious reasoning, and appeal to membership in groups, propaganda appeals to an audience that is either irrational or unthinking

Propaganda and how to recognize it 2005.
I'm pretty sure most Fox News viewers don't know how to recognize it.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Don't blame the media for reporting on things that happen. It is vital that we know what is actually going on around us.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Don't blame the media for reporting on things that happen. It is vital that we know what is actually going on around us.
They can report it but they can't name the killer.

There is a difference between reporting something and making a media circus out of it, the reason they do it is because people eat it up.

Some of the people who eat it up go on to emulate it.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
What does reporting the person's name and a 'media circus' have to do with one another? The media cover things proportionately by how much the public consumes.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It's a fucking political cartoon dude. By a private citizen.
How the hell do you know who made it or why, or that , that person drenched in propaganda isn't just willingly passing along the message. that's part of it too, people pick up the message from leader and pass it along.