Gun control

Numbers_sl

shitlord
How the hell do you know who made it or why, or that , that person drenched in propaganda isn't just willingly passing along the message. that's part of it too, people pick up the message from leader and pass it along.
I don't know what to tell you. There is a signature on the side of the picture with the guy's name and Politico. Anyway, people communicate in many different ways and I would have thought you would know that since a lot of people who post here communicate with their shoops all the time.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So..ah..do we have an official statement from the NRA on the Conn. shooting? Anybody...anybody...
All I know is the NRA deleted its Facebook page over the weekend.

Heard today that they waited 10 days before making a statement after the Colorado movie theater shooting, but I think they only waited one day after Gabby Giffords and the Wisconsin Sikh Temple shooting

Devlin

Golden Squire
What does reporting the person's name and a 'media circus' have to do with one another? The media cover things proportionately by how much the public consumes.
Because you're giving these people exactly what they want, they want fame and they know this is one of the ways they can get it.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure most Fox News viewers don't know how to recognize it.
If you think it's limited to fox news I laugh, First they present a false dichotomy, that everyone can be lumped into 2 groups, which any reasonable person knows is kinda silly. Second they control both sides of the false polarity they represented and thus control most of the people in a relatively simple manner, divide distract conquer. So sorry to tell you the daily show and Obama are part of the same system of control as is mitt Romney and bill Reilly.

Since Obama has been president what has he actually done, he seems good at killing people with drones. Obama has averaged about 20 child deaths a year by drone strikes. maybe instead of a power grab at taking guns away he should put the fears of Americans to bed by not putting drones above our heads, and stop using them in countries we shouldn't be meddling with like Yemen? a lot of children have died by Obama's order in countries that don't even have a navy or air force that could reach America. maybe we should focus on the reality and not our base emotions massively exploited by a tragedy.

America's drone war in the likes of Pakistan and Yemen will linger on, especially for the loved ones of the 178 children killed in those countries by U.S. drone strikes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert...b_2224627.html

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess I would say let CCW holders do what they are licensed to do. I've never heard of a CCW holder committing a crime with their concealed carry.
It's pretty rare. I've only ever heard about it once. Supposedly the guy went nuts in a Costco flashed his piece and got himself shot up by the cops. But magically all Costco video cameras at that time had an error and the video of it was lost.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
All I know is the NRA deleted its Facebook page over the weekend.

Heard today that they waited 10 days before making a statement after the Colorado movie theater shooting, but I think they only waited one day after Gabby Giffords and the Wisconsin Sikh Temple shooting
It's just down temporarily. The NRA is receiving death threats. Today there was a march on their office in the DC/Fairfax area but only about 50 people showed up.

45 minute phone wait today for people wanting to join the NRA.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
rrr_img_3805.jpg
Already been settled in DC versus Heller at the supreme court level. The right to keep and bear arms is an individual right.

rrr_img_3805.jpg

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Congratulations, your education system has more in common with Pakistan than the rest of the developed world.
Well to be fair, cops aren't in the schools to protect the kids from psycho maniacs. They are there to protect us from the bad kids. But hey what's the difference really, psycho white guy steals his moms gun goes on a rampage, poor little black teen don't eat because his mom spent the food money on cigs and blow, steals his uncles gun, joins a gang, does a drive by in the parking lot.

Devlin

Golden Squire
What is more likely.

People go on killing sprees because they played a videogame or watched a fictional movie.

People go on a killing spree because last guy that went on a killing spree is now a national celebrity in the newspapers.

Funny that newspapers and the reactionary press are also the first to be pointing the finger at videogames/movies for inciting people while constantly putting the killers on the front page.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I don't know what to tell you. There is a signature on the side of the picture with the guy's name and Politico. Anyway, people communicate in many different ways and I would have thought you would know that since a lot of people who post here communicate with their shoops all the time.
All those things fit the model of how it would work on a societal scale if scaled down to the individual level.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
What is more likely.

People go on killing sprees because they played a videogame or watched a fictional movie.

People go on a killing spree because last guy that went on a killing spree is now a national celebrity in the newspapers.

Funny that newspapers and the reactionary press are also the first to be pointing the finger at videogames/movies for inciting people while constantly putting the killers on the front page.
Both at the same time

Video games/violent television mostly desensitize and glorify violence and it has a echoing effect on the mind depending on how much violent content is consumed. that breaks down the resistance to committing the act.

the news/television provides the motive for committing the act, attention.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
What is more likely.

What do you mean by reactionary press? The press covers events that happen. Also, there are people (I heard Joe Lieberman bring up video games today) who make an argument against media like video game makers, but that does not mean they are correct or in the right. It takes other people to make counter arguments as to why the other one sucks.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
http://news.yahoo.com/law-enforcemen...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3
(Reuters) - In a bit of rare positive news in a nation focused on the effects of gun violence, a police memorial fund reported Monday that deaths among law enforcement personnel are down 20 percent this year compared with 2011.

The preliminary report by the Washington, D.C.-based National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund found that a total of 123 federal, state and local officers died in the line of duty through December 17, 2012, with 45 from firearms-related deaths, 50 from traffic-related deaths, and 28 from other causes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Both at the same time

Video games/violent television mostly desensitize and glorify violence and it has a echoing effect on the mind depending on how much violent content is consumed. that breaks down the resistance to committing the act.

the news/television provides the motive for committing the act, attention.
Federal crime statistics suggest that serious violent crimes among youths have decreased since 1996, even as video game sales have soared.

A comprehensive report of targeted school violence commissioned by the U.S. Secret Service and Department of Education concluded that more than half of attackers demonstrated interest in violent media, including books, movies, or video games. However, the report cautioned that no particular behavior, including interest in violence, could be used to produce a "profile" of a likely shooter.

The U.S. Department of Justice has funded research at the Center for Mental Health and Media at Massachusetts General Hospital to better determine what impact video games have on young people. Although it is still in the preliminary stages, this research and several other studies suggest that a subset of youths may become more aggressive after playing violent video games. However, in the vast majority of cases, use of violent video games may be part of normal development, especially in boys - and a legitimate source of fun too.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsle...d-young-people

Devlin

Golden Squire
What do you mean by reactionary press? The press covers events that happen. Also, there are people (I heard Joe Lieberman bring up video games today) who make an argument against media like video game makers, but that does not mean they are correct or in the right. It takes other people to make counter arguments as to why the other one sucks.
I am saying that they report these stories in a much more glamorised amd sensationalist manner than they should, they turn a tragedy into a ghoulfest and they sicken me. I watched an interview with one of the teachers the other day who was in a classroom while it all happened, it started off with her talking to one reporter, as soon as the others saw what the interview was about microphones appeared from everywhere, guys standing directly behind her with dictaphones pushed round the side of her face to catch an interview they weren't even doing.

This is someone who's friends and children she was probably sometimes in charge of were just hours before slaughtered by a psychopath, they give not a fuck about the story they just care about picking the corpse clean.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
I am saying that they report these stories in a much more glamorised amd sensationalist manner than they should, they turn a tragedy into a ghoulfest and they sicken me.
What? You mean there were like, fireworks before the report? It was a fucking ghoulfest. And weshouldknow about it.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Ghoul:

: a legendary evil being that robs graves and feeds on corpses
: one suggestive of a ghoul; especially : one who shows morbid interest in things considered shocking or repulsive

Here because I do not think that word means what you think it means.

What I am saying when 20 children under 10 are gunned down by a retard there shouldn't be people sitting in offices rubbing their hands together thinking about viewing figures or newspaper sales.

Do you by any chance work for the press?