Gun control

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Health care. Poverty. Class mobility. Wealth distribution. Wage stagnation. Political funding. Corporate political influence. Education. Hunger.

It is hard for menotto think up things more important that our country's fascination with guns. You seriously think people who can't afford to feed and clothe their kids should give two fucks about guns in America? Come on.
Those are certainly issues, and major ones. However, you'll find very few people that say, for instance, that poverty is a good thing that we shouldn't try to work on eradicating.

Guns are so heavily embedded into our culture, and the NRA does such an effective job of propagandizing the stupid and scaring legislators, that a solution is effectively impossible. If you can't manage to move the needle after something as horrific as Newtown, what hope is there?

Fuck, you know what the NRA's response to Newtown was, in the main? MORE guns in schools. I cannot think of anything that more transparently shows their true agenda than that.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Those are certainly issues, and major ones. However, you'll find very few people that say, for instance, that poverty is a good thing that we shouldn't try to work on eradicating.

Guns are so heavily embedded into our culture, and the NRA does such an effective job of propagandizing the stupid and scaring legislators, that a solution is effectively impossible. If you can't manage to move the needle after something as horrific as Newtown, what hope is there?
You keep using this word "Propaganda" then spout the propaganda of gun control people trying to score easy points by manipulating emotions involving children.

why do you put little angelic white children on a pedestal when so many brown and black babies die every day.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Fuck, you know what the NRA's response to Newtown was, in the main? MORE guns in schools. I cannot think of anything that more transparently shows their true agenda than that.
Yes, I'm down right shocked that NRA isnt advocating for less guns and that NAACP isnt letting whites in.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Also the country was awash with guns before the NRA was founded, civil war america was flooded with arms.

Not really following the problem with more guns in schools... pretty sure the teachers/faculty havent committed a mass shooting

<-- liberal gun owner. Please put a pistol in every classroom and force mandatory 20 hours firearms training annually for faculty.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Guess who this guy is!

benjealous2.jpg

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Sounds like someone is afraid of black people.
Just pointing out the stupidity of expecting an advocacy organization to do something that is completely opposite of what its stated mission is.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Just pointing out the stupidity of expecting an advocacy organization to do something that is completely opposite of what its stated mission is.
I know. However, I don't think the examples you gave are equivalent. Maybe if you said that the NAACP was going to give scholarships to white students.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Not really following the problem with more guns in schools... pretty sure the teachers/faculty havent committed a mass shooting

<-- liberal gun owner. Please put a pistol in every classroom and force mandatory 20 hours firearms training annually for faculty.
We already can't hire and retain enough good teachers, and now you want to make that even tougher by painting a giant target on their chests, for the minimal chance that they might be able to take down a guy who might be wearing body armor and/or carrying long guns with tons of ammo?

It's one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard from an organization with a long history of stupid ideas. Its real purpose is to try to put more pro-gun people in front of children at an early age, as well as just flat out selling more guns.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Why do you think people are incompetent and can't take care of themselves?

rrr_img_31997.jpg

Also do you realize gun control hurts single woman and old people? who do you think actually needs a gun to protect themselves the most?
-----

In the early 1990's a study concluded that 650 rapes a day were stopped because the victim was - or may have been - armed.But the number of women who carry, and the number of homes with guns, is much higher now.

The latest prisoners surveys estimate that 3,600 rapes a day are never attempted because the victim either showed a gun, said she had a gun, or the rapist though the victim had a gun for some other reason.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=1095
http://extranosalley.com/?p=15272

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
We already can't hire and retain enough good teachers, and now you want to make that even tougher by painting a giant target on their chests, for the minimal chance that they might be able to take down a guy who might be wearing body armor and/or carrying long guns with tons of ammo?

It's one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard from an organization with a long history of stupid ideas. Its real purpose is to try to put more pro-gun people in front of children at an early age, as well as just flat out selling more guns.
Duppin, the only thing that sells more guns is gun control legislation. In the end, its gun control advocates themselves that provide the greatest benefit to the gun industry

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I know you think that is going to suddenly become true by you repeating it over and over again, but that's not how reality works.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I know you think that is going to suddenly become true by you repeating it over and over again, but that's not how reality works.
See 1994 + AR-15 sales + AWB = for a dose of reality

The fact of the matter is thaty you can't ban the product outright.

you can't ban guns, you cant ban magazines, you can't ban ammo

all you can do is pass your piddly legislation that only reconfigures the cosmetic aspects of the gun and leaves all the function intact - see the NY SAFE compliant AR-15s. All manufacturers do is reconfigure their products right away to fit the new guidelines and continue selling exact same product in even larger quantities to people who are "stocking up"

Tell me, what did gun legislation accomplish here except more sales?

628x471.jpg