Gun control

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You think they would want to do this if after the torture was over they were left with no limbs, no teeth, no tongue, no eyes, deaf and forced to live with no pain killers in a hospital bed where they fed them just enough to keep them alive? I think that would be a huge deterrent if you combined it with a law that forces a media black out of ever announcing who the person was, no fame and and the rest of your life in what I could only imagine if there is such a place as hell you would welcome it every fucking second for the rest of your life.

Death is to good for some people, you kill children like this, you deserve what I mentioned above.
First of all, how fucked up are you mentally to even propose something like this and then continue to argue in favor of it?

Get help dude, I dont want to see you on the 6 PM news either.

Malt_sl

shitlord
I think any real attempt at gun control would actually have the opposite affect than intended. My father doesn't own a gun, but if laws were going to be put into place restricting him to get one he would be out that weekend to buy a gun before it goes into effect. I'm sure many people feel the same way.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Just yesterday

State House passes bill allowing concealed weapons in schools, day care centers, stadiums, churches

Changes to the concealed weapons law passed the state House on Thursday evening, allowing highly trained gun owners to carry their concealed weapons in formerly verboten places, such as schools, day care centers, stadiums and churches.

Schools, however, and privately owned facilities could opt out of the new law if they don't want people carrying guns in their buildings.

The gun bill also requires the Michigan State Police, rather than local law enforcement, to maintain gun permitting records. Police said it was crucial to have at least one agency hold on to records, citing the I-96 shooter case last month, which was solved in part, by going back through gun records.

State Rep. Joel Johnson, R-Clare, called the bill a ?pro-public safety bill because it allowed gun owners to be an ?asset? to public safety in volatile situations.

But opponents, including state Rep. Joan Bauer, D-Lansing, said the bill went too far.

?There are just some areas where guns should not be allowed,? she said.

The bill still needs to go back to the state Senate for concurrence.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You think they would want to do this if after the torture was over they were left with no limbs, no teeth, no tongue, no eyes, deaf and forced to live with no pain killers in a hospital bed where they fed them just enough to keep them alive? I think that would be a huge deterrent if you combined it with a law that forces a media black out of ever announcing who the person was, no fame and and the rest of your life in what I could only imagine if there is such a place as hell you would welcome it every fucking second for the rest of your life.

Death is to good for some people, you kill children like this, you deserve what I mentioned above.
People like this shouldn't be able to pass a background check

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Make illegal the possession and selling of bullets. You can bear arms all you want(letter of the law, but violate the spirit of the law, by making the guns unusable).

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
First of all, how fucked up are you mentally to even propose something like this and then continue to argue in favor of it?

Get help dude, I dont want to see you on the 6 PM news either.
I am actually quite sane sir and it wasn't that hard to come up with, have you not watched any movies in your life? The point I was trying to prove was in order to truly stop gun violence you have to do things that no normal society would ever condone or find acceptable, its kind of like reductio ad absurdum but replace absurdum with truly gruesome and terrifying shit. Try as hard as we want and I am not advocating giving up on finding solutions but we will never solve this problem with stricter gun laws. The simple solution is some where along the lines of what I outlined but should never happen because we would then allow ourselves to be worse then what we are trying to prevent.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I've seen enough torture in my life. The local FOX affiliate always airs Cowboys games here.

Indiana_sl

shitlord
I am actually quite sane sir and it wasn't that hard to come up with, have you not watched any movies in your life? The point I was trying to prove was in order to truly stop gun violence you have to do things that no normal society would ever condone or find acceptable, its kind of like reductio ad absurdum but replace absurdum with truly gruesome and terrifying shit. Try as hard as we want and I am not advocating giving up on finding solutions but we will never solve this problem with stricter gun laws. The simple solution is some where along the lines of what I outlined but should never happen because we would then allow ourselves to be worse then what we are trying to prevent.
I've seen horrors ? horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that ? but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face ? and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies.
rrr_img_2794.jpg

rrr_img_2794.jpg

rrr_img_2794.jpg

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like I should post this before any post I ever make on gun control.

We already, every last one of us, already agreed to limits on the right to bear arms. So we are really just negotiating where those limits begin and where they end. We nearly all agree that socio-economic factors are a far and away larger factors to issues of crime and deaths by arms. That said it should not stop us from having any meaningful discussion on the limits to bear arms.

To that end bringing up gun control in the case of another school shooting even one as horrendous as this one seems like a retarded knee jerk reaction. I am more then happy to discuss gun control in a sensible way but not in this context where the purpose of gun control would be confused with being a primary solution to these kinds of problems.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I didn't catch the entire article but I saw the headline yesterday about 22 kids being stabbed in China. I guess I should have looked more closely at it.

The problem with most politicians and gun control is they don't know jack shit about firearms or the laws already on the books. You already have politicans before this talking about how you can buy "heavy weapons up to and including bazookas" at gun shows....yeah I guess I've never made those gun shows.

Then there's the senator (maybe a rep I'll have to look) who was a co-author of the last "assault" weapon ban. She was asked why a barrel shroud was banned and what one was. She didn't have a freaking clue. She finally beat around and the bush and said it was the stock thingy that went up.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Again - in the short term this would be the case. But eventually - decades later perhaps, aquiring guns would be increasingly difficult even for criminals. But an outright ban is a lost cause.

But what do you have against common sense restrictions like universal background checks, a ban on automatic weapons and high capacity magazines?
We have background checks and automatic weapons are illegal. What is a high cap magazine? 10? 20? 30? I can dump 3 10 round mags maybe 4-5 seconds slower than a 30 rounder. And the extremely high capacity magazines are notoriously unreliable

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
yeah, its one of many, many, many knife attacks in China. Creepy that these two happened on nearly the same day.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
We have background checks and automatic weapons are illegal. What is a high cap magazine? 10? 20? 30? I can dump 3 10 round mags maybe 4-5 seconds slower than a 30 rounder. And the extremely high capacity magazines are notoriously unreliable
Had this argument earlier today. Someone was telling me how awful drum magazines are. Hell, if anything, that shitty drum mag saved lives in the CO shooting because it, to the shock of no one who has ever used one, it jammed! If they were worth two shits you can bet your ass the military would use them.

And as far as politicians go, "high capacity" is a moving target. Last I heard it's considered anything over ten...I remember when it was the 30+ mags that were "high capacity".

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I didn't catch the entire article but I saw the headline yesterday about 22 kids being stabbed in China. I guess I should have looked more closely at it.
Yeah, the big difference is that they were all injured and no one was killed.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Most politicians have never heard of the NFA (National Firearms Act) and even fewer can tell you what it covers yet they come out and talk about stuff that is already covered in the legislation.

Indiana_sl

shitlord
Six rounds would be a start, but of course it's not going to cut it alone. The problem is, even the tiniest restrictions are being rejected outright, and the democrats have all but surrendered on the issue.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Most politicians have never heard of the NFA (National Firearms Act) and even fewer can tell you what it covers yet they come out and talk about stuff that is already covered in the legislation.
The problem with politicians and to your point about how stupid our politicians are. Start at 2 minutes.