Gun control

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whaaaat? Do you really think there is a even a cultural explanation for any kind of rash of suicide bombings in the U.S.?
Eh, you racist fuck are you saying suicide bombings are only done by Arabs? Fuckin liberal racist, insensitive, culturally biased. Damn it feels good to beat liberals at their own game.

Zanaver_sl

shitlord
Video games/violent television mostly desensitize and glorify violence and it has a echoing effect on the mind depending on how much violent content is consumed. that breaks down the resistance to committing the act.
Biggest load of shit ever.

I'm a combat medic; served 11 months in Kandahar from June 2010 - April 2011.
Violence in real life and violence in a video game ARE NOTHING ALIKE. People who think and propagate this CLEARLY aren't violent people.

Handling of weapons: iron sights or optics, breath control and steady positioning take a bit of practice. How loud firearms can be, the smell of gunpowder and the recoil can all be a lot of someone inexperienced. The idea that people just get a handgun from a store and start a massacre is ridiculous. They plan and practice. They don't want "dumbass shoots self in face" headlines they want "MADMAN MASSACRE" headlines.

Trauma: I've seen more trauma than any civilian EMT ever will in 10 years of service. Roll overs, gun shot wounds, amputations, bludgeoning and fragmentary injuries. The sight of trauma is completely unexpected unless you have desensitized yourself by viewing ACTUAL medical documents... even then you won't know what to expect except "gore."

There's a reason why live tissue labs are so sought after. Bone, sinew, blood and blood clots. Games can't replicate it. Trauma surgeons would pay good money for it if it could.

The smell of massive amounts of blood. The scent of iron. I used to work as a butcher... it did not nearly smell the same. The smell of homemade explosives. It smells fucking disgusting. Worse than roadkill. Worse than my trips to the morgue. It's awful.

Finally, before I went to combat I was a really nice dude. Soft spoken. I could get loud but rarely did. "Violent" was not a word that would ever be used to describe me.

After having my eardrums blown and metal shards pulled out of my head when a patrol leader stepped on a dismount IED about 5 feet from me. Yeah, I got a little bit more fierce. Though, now, I'm even more charismatic than before.

tl;dr video games desensitizing you to violence isfucking bullshit.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
We need to fix the mental health system.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...pinion_LEADTop

In the mid-1960s, many of the killings would have been prevented because the severely mentally ill would have been confined and cared for in a state institution. But today, while government at most every level has bloated over the past half-century, mental-health treatment has been decimated. According to a study released in July by the Treatment Advocacy Center, the number of state hospital beds in America per capita has plummeted to 1850 levels, or 14.1 beds per 100,000 people.

Moreover, a 2011 paper by Steven P. Segal at the University of California, Berkeley, "Civil Commitment Law, Mental Health Services, and U.S. Homicide Rates," found that a third of the state-to-state variation in homicide rates was attributable to the strength or weakness of involuntary civil-commitment laws.

Well to be fair, cops aren't in the schools to protect the kids from psycho maniacs. They are there to protect us from the bad kids. But hey what's the difference really, psycho white guy steals his moms gun goes on a rampage, poor little black teen don't eat because his mom spent the food money on cigs and blow, steals his uncles gun, joins a gang, does a drive by in the parking lot.
Typically the "drive by" crime is against a colleague in criminal activity not a school full of innocent 6 year olds. Big fucking difference.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Fuck that. We are coming for your guns, biotch! Nothing you can do about it this time. Fuck your Fox News/WSJ bullshit narrative. "State Hospital" takes "state tax dollars". You fuckers can not have it both ways.
You're just afraid that you'd be committed.

And you would be.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Fuck that. We are coming for your guns, biotch! Nothing you can do about it this time. Fuck your Fox News/WSJ bullshit narrative. "State Hospital" takes "state tax dollars". You fuckers can not have it both ways.
Sure you are, that republican majority in the house of representatives, that obama has to ask permission from to pass anything into law, just magically poofed away because of your feelings on this issue. =p

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Typically the "drive by" crime is against a colleague in criminal activity not a school full of innocent 6 year olds. Big fucking difference.
Is that so? Lots of dead bystanders might disagree with you if they could, fuckin retard, go back to lurking.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
IRB was never banned, he had infractions here and there and spent some time in he pen, but banned, I think your mistaken.
He was banned years ago, might have been temporary? I stopped paying attention to the republican vs democrat threads on foh at some point, but i remember seeing the "banned" tag under his name.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
If he was ever banned it was for a very short time. A lot of people posted with their tag set as Banned. You could set it to that yourself.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I believe IRB was caught up in the great James banning for like a day or two. As was Ary and a few others I believe. Rav reversed it when it was reported James had gone crazy.

Warrian

╰⋃╯ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
Why do you guys even bother to respond to IRB? He expects the reactions you're giving him which keeps feeding his motivation. Just ignore the guy and move on; it's obvious he's some kind of nut job with a few skeletons in his closet.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Diane Rehm is doing a show on this today. Going live in a few.http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/20...nd-gun-control

Edit: show is live now.http://wamu.org/listen?utm_source=au..._campaign=wamuclick play at top

one of the comments:
Typical modern firearm technical data.

A proper discussion of any issue requires at least some level of intellectual competence on the subject matter. In this regard it is terribly lacking on almost any subject, particularly firearms.

#1 Semi automatic- firearms that shoot one bullet for one pull of the trigger, they reload a round into the chamber readying the firearm for the next shot automatically. Semi automatics include handguns, rifles and shotguns.

#2 Automatic firearm or "machine gun"- firearms that fire multiple rounds with a single pull of the trigger. These are NOT for sale legally to the general public in any gun store in the country. These are Military grade firearms.

3# Assault rifle- a political name given a to classification of a semi automatic rifle that resemble in appearance only, military grade firearms. They use an intermediate sized bullet, not as big as a full size rifle bullet or as small as a handgun bullet, it is in the middle in power and size.

#4 High powered assault rifle- purely a media creation, it does not exist!

#5 Bolt action rifle- usually a full sized rifle caliber firearm that is cable of one shot per a manual (bolt action) reloading for every shot fired. Calibers for this firearm can range from very small .22 caliber all the way up to .50 caliber.

#6 Revolver- a hand gun that has a revolving cylinder that holds the bullets, usually 6. It also can fire one round per one pull of the trigger like semi automatics.

#7 Magazine- a compartment on a firearm that holds the ammunition, many firearms have built in magazines and they are not removable. This type of magazine is found on bolt action rifles and semi automatic rifles and shot guns.

#8 Detachable magazine- same principle as above except it is removable for reloading. This type of magazine is used on Semi automatic handguns, rifles and shotguns.

Youre homos.
Actually we don't need gun control. We just need to get rid of the gays.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2318015.html

Our country really does seem in complete disarray. I'm not talking politically, I'm not talking about the result of the November sixth election; I am saying that something has gone wrong in America and that we have turned our back on God.
I mean millions of people have decided that God doesn't exist, or he's irrelevant to me and we have killed 54 million babies and the institution of marriage is right on the verge of a complete redefinition. Believe me, that is going to have consequences, too.

And a lot of these things are happening around us, and somebody is going to get mad at me for saying what I am about to say right now, but I am going to give you my honest opinion: I think we have turned our back on the scripture and on God almighty and I think he has allowed judgment to fall upon us. I think that's what's going on.
"PS: It also does not help that we have that evil, Muslim Negro in the White House." --James Dobson