H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
When Smed was talking about this, I don't think he actually meant hunger games as a whole (2 tributes, etc), but more like 'That scene from hunger games where there is a big cache of weapons and supplies, everyone knows its there, its going to lead to some intense action and a bloodbath."

That being said (which is what I think you guys are getting at), it would be awesome to watch later on H1Z1 on a competitive level with actual rules for something similar to Hunger Games:
2 top rated players from each server, dropped into an area but restricted how far they can go, fighting until the last one survives, all being live streamed on twitch with observer cams and such?

I'd watch that.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Jackdiddio,

For Hunger Games stuff, they need to stick to the book somewhat. Two players per server and, as you mentioned, random spawns for both players and weapons. Have a time limit and random PVE kill conditions that occur to prevent sitting still for long periods. Stuff live environmental destruction, rabid wolf packs, zombie hordes, commando squads, etc would spice things up when there are just a couple squatters left. It should be pretty fun for a while. The GW2 pre-event based off Hunger Games was even pretty fun if not a bit easy.
I'd play that.

Oh btw; this was the movie I was talking about. Finally remembered what it was.

If anyone hasn't seen this, do so. It's really quite good.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
When Smed was talking about this, I don't think he actually meant hunger games as a whole (2 tributes, etc), but more like 'That scene from hunger games where there is a big cache of weapons and supplies, everyone knows its there, its going to lead to some intense action and a bloodbath."

That being said (which is what I think you guys are getting at), it would be awesome to watch later on H1Z1 on a competitive level with actual rules for something similar to Hunger Games:
2 top rated players from each server, dropped into an area but restricted how far they can go, fighting until the last one survives, all being live streamed on twitch with observer cams and such?

I'd watch that.
Reminds me of the Best of the Best tournaments in EQ. Those were fun as shit.

roger_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_65433.jpg

rrr_img_65434.jpg

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
H1Z1 EventTuesday the 29th.

Want to survive H1Z1 or even help shape it's future? Join us this Tuesday April 29th for our first H1Z1 Survivors workshop!

Beginning around 9 AM PT we'll begin an all day livestream which will interview developers, show playtesting, and give you insight into what H1Z1 is all about.

Do you live in Southern California? Head to the SOE studios and get a chance to meet with developers in person and hang out with other survivors. We'll have this available from noon until 5:00 PM PT.

Does none of this interest you? Just go ahead and get some practice in by handing your loot to the guy next to you. We'll see everyone else there!
Smed is also takingSuggestionson what players want the devs to work on during the livestream.

We want to have some fun Tuesday to change things up a little. We want you all to tell us what to make on Tuesday. Pick a fun feature we can make for you between 9am and 9pm. You'll get to watch it developed and hear directly from the people implementing it.
New Video Clip from Smed

People think that Emergent AI is a marketing gimmick. It really is a change in how we make our games but we just haven't figured our a better name. In this case, if by chance a deer had crossed unit to middle of that tiny group of zombies ( seriously ) you would have seen them go after that deer looking like Vladimir Putin going after Ukraine. Those kind of moments are what I love. The circle of life.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Looks like denial of service to me
Pretty much, yea. They need to take Butler off EQN and get him into this asap to open the project up to a larger potential player demographic. Someone get on the batphone with Smed to make it so. No, really.. take Butler off EQN, pleeeaase...

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
They already backed down in Landmark about grappling hooks. If we are loud enough, they probably will adjust the lighting in EQN. I think it's ridiculous to nerf it in one game and sell it in another. On topic, that was pretty nice.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
They already backed down in Landmark about grappling hooks. If we are loud enough, they probably will adjust the lighting in EQN. I think it's ridiculous to nerf it in one game and sell it in another. On topic, that was pretty nice.
So what you're saying is you want every game to be the same?

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
They're unabashedly saying that H1Z1 is a 'hardcore experience'.

In contrast, this is what they said about EQ Next:"I would not call this game a hardcore MMO. We want something that is accessible to a larger number of people..."

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Nobody is saying that. Butler's assertion at SOE live that "night too Dark is a denial of service" was simply ridiculous. It's a feature you choose to include or not depending on the experience one is tying to create.

Have the fucking balls to say 'dark night is a feature we feel many in our target audience will not find appealing' instead of feeding us that garbage.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not sure what the problem is. Dark as shit in a horror game = awesome

But playing a normal MMO and having to walk backwards to zone into blackburrow = irritating as hell.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have the fucking balls to say 'dark night is a feature we feel many in our target audience will not find appealing' instead of feeding us that garbage.
It's pretty sad how badly you guys twist his actual words.

He never said pitch darkness couldn't be in EverQuest Next - he just basically said it wouldn't be caused by some disability your character has as soon as you start the game. But they do think requiring a light source is important, and that some areas - like deep caves - could even be pitch black and require a torch.

Having to physically change the gamma on your monitor because the race you just happened to pick is nearly blind, is fucking stupid - and you're a moron if you think that's a good design decision for a mass market MMO.

kudos

<Banned>

He never said pitch darkness couldn't be in EverQuest Next - he just basically said it wouldn't be caused by some disability your character has as soon as you start the game. But they do think requiring a light source is important, and that some areas - like deep caves - could even be pitch black and require a torch.

Having to physically change the gamma on your monitor because the race you just happened to pick is nearly blind, is fucking stupid - and you're a moron if you think that's a good design decision for a mass market MMO.
"Immersion"

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Late reply but I'd love for my nights to be dark and my days to be light unless there's a world based reason for it not to be so. Do I want some fear in my fantasy based game but it's only allowed in the zombie game?

Quaid

Trump's Staff

That isn't what he said at all. He wasn't talking about racial night vision, which indeed is a silly concept unless darkness is a central component to your game experience. He was talking about a new player exiting their starting city and being unable to continue because it was too dark. He referred to this as 'denial of service' and it was absolutely ridiculous.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Late reply but I'd love for my nights to be dark and my days to be light unless there's a world based reason for it not to be so. Do I want some fear in my fantasy based game but it's only allowed in the zombie game?
Exactly.

A good social game is about the free-flowing exchange of emotion. This is something EverQuest stumbled backwards into and got very very right. Fear, frustration, excitement, anger, anticipation... All critical for a decent online experience.