H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
They had a live stream yesterday and the entire time Smedley was trolling lol Dude is pretty funny.

1S6FKw0.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If this is on par with PS2 for quality I'd stay far far away. They've made it obvious that as long as they're making money they could give 2 shits about their product.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
If this is on par with PS2 for quality I'd stay far far away. They've made it obvious that as long as they're making money they could give 2 shits about their product.
I was one of PS2s bigger fans, but the crap they're pulling lately made me finally unsub. They consistently nerfed quality of life items (seeing enemy health, screen shake from explosions increased, etc), then released P2W 'implants' to correct these nerfs. Only, they screwed it up (shocker!), and we were able to earn energy for these implants just from playing, so noone bought anything.

Fast forward a bit, and they pretty much nerfed the drop rate of everything by 90%, nerfed the implants then created a new, energy-hungry tier4. So, to get the same functionality, you'd have to cough up some actual $$$. And just to kick us while down, what do they add as a member sale today despite all the implant hate?

VMvZusx.png

lol. So, I have no doubt H1Z1 will be on par or worse.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
wait, so there's a cash shop item that will lower/remove the screen shake from explosions ? wow !

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
wait, so there's a cash shop item that will lower/remove the screen shake from explosions ? wow !
(Talking PS2 here still)

Yep! and not just that, it came out literally a day or two after a patch made screen shake intolerable and the forums blew up about the increase.

So it'll be interesting to see what this game pans out to be.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
(Talking PS2 here still)

Yep! and not just that, it came out literally a day or two after a patch made screen shake intolerable and the forums blew up about the increase.

So it'll be interesting to see what this game pans out to be.
The same path that ps2 took. The game will come out incomplete and fairly popular. SOE will fix some things completely while breaking some things and leaving others broken. People will stick around but the population will slowly die off as there is nothing appealing to newcomers, and veterans bleed away slowly. Eventually SOE will restructure and move devs to EQ:Next and whatever the next project they have is while Smed promises that this does not change anything for H1Z1.

This game will likely be the same; a small and loyal player base that never grows because most of the new people that try it can't handle the flaws or how unfinished it is.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If you're considering playing something SoE makes might I advise running your dick over with a car. It'll be less torture.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So seeing with what they did with ps2 why is anyone excited for this?

Literally every survival/zombie game has been a utter failure.

Rust
Dayz stand alone
war z
nether
7 days to die

This genre needs to die already.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
It's a good setting and ripe for a good game. Sony likely will fuck this up but I'm a gamer, $20 or free is a pretty low barrier of entry and you can either play games or just bitch about them.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I dont know about the rest of you but I am a glutton for punishment when it comes to these survival games. If you played DayZ or Rust then you should have no issues trying this steaming pile (joking or not). I myself cannot wait to play this buggy game, but from videos you can shut a door and keep zombies outside, this alone is a huge plus in my book.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And as long as you keep blindly buying them they will consistently be pure shit.

Cybsled

7 Days to Die is actually pretty fun and the devs are still very active in updates. Although like Minecraft, 90% of the enjoyment comes from base building.

I actually have a cool setup on one server. I murdered the owner of a really big base near mine and he never logged back in. I use it as a "honey pot" for scavengers. My base is nearby (which is "camo" so it just looks like part of a shitty building no one bothers with because they have no loot of worth) and I wait for them to come and I snipe them from a distance ;P

Warflagon

Peasant
Why the hate for PS2? Been playing casually for 2 years and enjoy it, have no problems with the pay shop or changes. But then, i've never been one to notice the pangs of "nerfage" that some suffer. I just game. Lucky I guess.

I'll probably try this when it surfaces.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
7 Days to Die is actually pretty fun and the devs are still very active in updates. Although like Minecraft, 90% of the enjoyment comes from base building.

I actually have a cool setup on one server. I murdered the owner of a really big base near mine and he never logged back in. I use it as a "honey pot" for scavengers. My base is nearby (which is "camo" so it just looks like part of a shitty building no one bothers with because they have no loot of worth) and I wait for them to come and I snipe them from a distance ;P
Giving a nod to 7 Days to Die as well. It's satisfying that survival/base building niche for me at the moment and as Cybsled, the devs are extremely active. They're pushing out changes so actively that it frustrates some folks as their builds are wiped but the updates are necessary imho. Overall, solid game so far and has come quite a way since early alpha.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Why the hate for PS2? Been playing casually for 2 years and enjoy it, have no problems with the pay shop or changes. But then, i've never been one to notice the pangs of "nerfage" that some suffer. I just game. Lucky I guess.

I'll probably try this when it surfaces.
i play that shit about 5 times a week and about to get on PS2 right now. I actually kill more then i die now. I just play to kill folks for about an hour or 2 at a time. I know its not a super duper military sim like the arma games or anything. I just have fun killing folks and getting killed. It kind of reminds me of old Alteric Valley at times where you had to break the bridge as the horde and it took hours sometimes. Only thing in WOW i ever liked. haha

I had to teach myself to play with the mouse in my right hand (im lefthanded). It took a long while til i felt i had control of the damned cursor. I played MMO's with the mouse in my left hand for 9 years. It was a bitch to flip it.

Anyways, 11 days until H1Z1 comes out cant wait.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I also still play PS2 but that's only because it's free. However, there are serious problems with the game. Core mechanics never completed, halfway through a resource revamp where you can pull maxes for days, crazy lag spikes, etc, etc. I don't understand how a company with the same resources as Blizzard can't look at how successful Blizzard is and go "They put out a polished bug free product and made billions, let's half ass it!".

If they would actually finish the core mechanics, keep shit balanced and bug free and maybe add some kind of drops/crafting system for new weapons/gear I'd sub and play this game for years. I mean sure I have good runs but those infuriating instagib maxes that I can't seem to disengage from due to their sprint ability is not fun, neither is fighting at the same 3 bases for weeks at a time because one super organized outfit can just sit on it and hold it. I also don't get the zerg mentality, sure the big fights are sometimes fun but being camped by them is not. There needs to be some kind of incentive or penalty for doing these tings, make these fucks spread out somehow for more fun fights. I'm by no means a game designer but there has to be something they can do to fix these issues.

We've seen this same scenario play out for what, a decade now? When the fuck are these companies going to learn that you get out what you put in. However, they seem too retarded to grasp this concept.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The problem is SoE is a bad company to work for, so the people who work there don't care that much. They pay like shit, and have a piss poor work environment that is nothing but petty bullshit and politics. That's why everyone who works there ends up working for another company. I mean, look at Scott Hartsman. Went from working for SoE to ending up CEO of Trion. They don't keep good people, and their products suffer. They don't actually care about the games, they just care about the money.

It's a story that you can repeat for employee after employee. Look at the guy that's head of dungeon design for Wildstar, he basically got fired from SoE (though they just let him go in one of their yearly fire a ton of people) because he wouldn't be a yes man and told them when they wanted things he didn't agree with for the game. The best part of it was he had just designed probably the best raid EQ2 ever saw.