H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
You can turn off the voice chat. However I do not believe you can turn off the text chat. Not sure if that one contains a swear filter. Though fyi from what I've seen it tends to make people mad when you won't talk back to them.

You'll also not be able to prevent the occasional troll spelling out a random word in animal traps or something on the ground.

Oldbased

> Than U
You can turn off the voice chat. However I do not believe you can turn off the text chat. Not sure if that one contains a swear filter. Though fyi from what I've seen it tends to make people mad when you won't talk back to them.

You'll also not be able to prevent the occasional troll spelling out a random word in animal traps or something on the ground.
This. People who don't speak AND linger near me will get a bullet/machete/arrow to the head. At the same time expect vulgar speech. Smed almost encourages it to happen it seems.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

Hilarious video of a few guys infiltrating a Chinese gang and then killing a bunch of them from within their own base.
Oh man is that good stuff..... I look forward to stuff like this. This is just the beginning. It will get more creative as time goes on.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Just got this game last night and got to play a little bit, sticks and berries seem to be the only attainable loot I've been able to find, hopefully the patch adds something, playing on antidote as garzite.

First impression I have is even if the game in empty and lacking features, at least the controls are fluid and make it 10000x better than dayz.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Game does have that EQ feeling of running around not knowing what the fuck is out there. I'm on a hardcore PVP server and shit gets real, REAL quick. We have recipe wipe on for some fucking reason which makes no sense to me, but I didn't choose this server.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I decided against recipe wipe. I dont mind losing all my shit to a random gank, but I dont really feel like going through the discovery process every time I want to craft stuff.

Myst

Peasant
I found a huge base on Thursday out in the boonies with 6 full chests (military backpacks, shotguns, AR15, fuels, crowbars, metal sheets, 30+ sparks etc). I got a group of 3 Rerolled to loot up the place and park our alts somewhere safe. I think we have enough parts to start a good base, and at least enough car parts to get a dozen of them going. You should all get on Mumble when you get a chance, it would be much easier to manage/organize ourselves.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most (non AAA companies) early access stuff pretty much equals, pay us to finish our game. if we don't get enough money updates will come once a year. if we do get tons of money we aren't going to hire anymore people and updates will come every 6 months. lol.

SoE is a little different since they had the funds to finish the game at the start.

h1z1 will be king of the survival/fps type games. SOE just wanted to cash grab on the instant gratification crowd by charging $20 for a free to play game. they really should have made the lowest price point $40.

The instant gratification crowd has grown so huge that people are will to pay for games that aren't even guaranteed to ever release or come out of testing.
Part of it is that games like these are built on community. After a month or two, the game stagnates and everyone drifts away (see every MMO for the past several years, no matter how hyped) killing the community. So you're left with a game no one gives a shit about because the community is gone. The only way to get in on the best part of the game is to participate in alphas and betas. So basically you're paying for the multiplayer experience, because if you miss out on it the game is going to be shit.

Who wants to play Archeage or TESO right now, even though they're FTP? I sure as fuck do not.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Airdrops are a good mechanic if they were also a bit randomly generated and not just cash shop items, the way it is now you just pick a direction and run til you find people to bow. Game needs some targets of interest to keep the action, possibly a command tower that can intercept airdrop locations and people in the know can show up and Duke it out.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Airdrops are a good mechanic if they were also a bit randomly generated and not just cash shop items, the way it is now you just pick a direction and run til you find people to bow. Game needs some targets of interest to keep the action, possibly a command tower that can intercept airdrop locations and people in the know can show up and Duke it out.
They should circle around their drop zone a few times, give people more of a chance to get to them and contest them.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Need to make the radio station able to broadcast songs of your choosing to annoy and delight those that are driving around or have a radio.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Did they fix container loot yet? Haven't had a chance to play much since I took a shot gun to the face.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Container loot has not been fixed yet but the patch is coming soon.

The servers will be coming down at 3:45 PST for approximately 2 hours.
Revised loot spawn rules
Your nameplate will not display while prone.
Fixed Metal Doors to open/close/lock/unlock properly.
Punji stick traps, dew collectors, and rabbit traps will now slowly decay over time. They can be repaired with a hammer.
Punji sticks have lower health and should be a little easier to remove.
Spool of twine now has a unique icon.
The arrow recipe now produces one arrow instead of two.
Increased placed barricade resistance to damage.
Slightly raised the chance to harvest usable cloth from dead zombies.
Metal pipes, metal sheets, and hunting rifles can be melted down in furnaces for metal bars.
There were two Calamity (EU) servers. One has been renamed to Collapse (EU). Please check the green character indicator on the far left of server select to see if which server your character is on.
The ground tamper item has been disabled and the recipe to make it is no longer discoverable
Improved Vehicle Survivability
Rotten food has been removed from the fridge spawners

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
like the names wont be displayed while prone. That was a pretty big one for trying to lose people chasing you.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Patch up on steam. 845.1MB, incase you have a turtle download speed. Servers up in a few hours or so.

Also this, hah.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Container loot has not been fixed yet but the patch is coming soon.

The servers will be coming down at 3:45 PST for approximately 2 hours.
Revised loot spawn rules
Your nameplate will not display while prone.
Fixed Metal Doors to open/close/lock/unlock properly.
Punji stick traps, dew collectors, and rabbit traps will now slowly decay over time. They can be repaired with a hammer.
Punji sticks have lower health and should be a little easier to remove.
Spool of twine now has a unique icon.
The arrow recipe now produces one arrow instead of two.
Increased placed barricade resistance to damage.
Slightly raised the chance to harvest usable cloth from dead zombies.
Metal pipes, metal sheets, and hunting rifles can be melted down in furnaces for metal bars.
There were two Calamity (EU) servers. One has been renamed to Collapse (EU). Please check the green character indicator on the far left of server select to see if which server your character is on.
The ground tamper item has been disabled and the recipe to make it is no longer discoverable
Improved Vehicle Survivability
Rotten food has been removed from the fridge spawners
Thank you good sir. Hope all is well over there.

MossyBank

N00b
Damn played like 4 hours yesterday, got some okay stuff. After patch I logged in today, walked into a house and didn't hear anyone, went into a bathroom to loot a cabinet, and a guy with a shotgun was hiding in there. Killed me in one shot... R.I.P.