H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
I myself had super crap luck today. In three hours of play I managed to repeatedly rip up my pants/shirt, make a satchel, gather 20-80 berries, make a bow and 20 or so arrows and then proceed to have foreign devil brutes liberate said supplies from my corpse. I did learn a lot of the map though and found the giant fortune of 2 shirts, a cap and 3 cans of food. Good times. I bet I'd be doing 12312% better if I got off my lazy ass and setup up mumble etc..

If the "problem" with loot is that alts are salting it all away then plainly we don't need em. The current setup makes the cloth caps of early EQ raids look amazingly generous..
Unsure why one gets more than 1 character per server anyways. Looking forward to the family going to bed so I can check out the patch. !

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I play these games for the community, and possible player interaction.

Right now, the only thing working is ganking, so everyone is KoS.

A gankfest / deathmatch server is not my idea of community :p I think I'll wait a little bit on this one.

Funny bug: you can still shoot people after hitting F2 for the hands up motion. lol

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I see people repeatedly complaining about KOS. As someone foreign to this genre, could you explain why you'd have any expectation otherwise? I'm just not seeing the benefit game-theory wise to trust random strangers on the internet.

A) Kill everyone you see; get their loot.
B) Trust strangers, likely get killed by them. Lose loot.

A seems like the solid bet. If I want a posse I'll form it up out-of-game with people I already know and have reason to trust. I don't understand all the QQing about KOS behavior.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I play these games for the community, and possible player interaction.

Right now, the only thing working is ganking, so everyone is KoS.

A gankfest / deathmatch server is not my idea of community :p I think I'll wait a little bit on this one.

Funny bug: you can still shoot people after hitting F2 for the hands up motion. lol
Play on a pve server?

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Running through the woods about 5 minutes out of Pleasantville looking for sticks, I see a mound of dirt. Someone randomly buried a stash. Looking inside, I found 2 AR15s, 10 M19s, 2 Hunting Rifles and 300+ ammo for each, along with big backpacks, waist packs, metal and wood shacks, IED's, 50 of each cooked meat and everything else you could imagine. I felt bad plundering it. I didn't feel as bad the 2-5th trip going to take everything from it. Amazing how much stuff this one person had.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I see people repeatedly complaining about KOS. As someone foreign to this genre, could you explain why you'd have any expectation otherwise? I'm just not seeing the benefit game-theory wise to trust random strangers on the internet.

A) Kill everyone you see; get their loot.
B) Trust strangers, likely get killed by them. Lose loot.

A seems like the solid bet. If I want a posse I'll form it up out-of-game with people I already know and have reason to trust. I don't understand all the QQing about KOS behavior.
sometimes you meet cool peple. I was playing with some dude from NZ and he had my back, some dude tried to come up behind me, but he chased his ass away. Was a cool dude, had to log because of the patch, but me and him were farming zombies for letters (didnt get any). Thats what makes this game fun, ya always gotta be on your toes, no matter what if you see that arrow being cocked back. always move lol

Found alot of shit tonight, 2 hand pistoles, a rifle, 2 wood axes a firemens axe. so much food and random shit i never seen before.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Running through the woods about 5 minutes out of Pleasantville looking for sticks, I see a mound of dirt. Someone randomly buried a stash. Looking inside, I found 2 AR15s, 10 M19s, 2 Hunting Rifles and 300+ ammo for each, along with big backpacks, waist packs, metal and wood shacks, IED's, 50 of each cooked meat and everything else you could imagine. I felt bad plundering it. I didn't feel as bad the 2-5th trip going to take everything from it. Amazing how much stuff this one person had.
probably guys that jumped on the server restart and were at the police station got the weapons n tried to be sneaky and buried it. Its more then likely a group of buddies.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
duper, in my entire time playing ive found a grand total of 40 or so rounds of .45 ammo. Even less .308 and zero 5.56/.223.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
So tonight was eventful. We are near a giant base of someone elses and decide it was our duty to terrorize them. Introphy stole two of their cars with his sneak-thief abilities. Then we went in as a 5 man group armed lightly, but with 5 IED. Not really knowing how many we'd need to destroy a metal gate, we set a few off. Their whole base lit up on fire as apparently anything wooden inside was burned and destroyed due to the IED's radius. We set off the rest of them and burned down pretty much anything they had wooden inside and out. Was alot of fun and I look forward to terrorizing them more with our guerrilla hit and run tactics.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Haven't been able to play these last few days due to work, but i'm about to be snowed in so I think i'm going to make time. Has the recent patches made it viable to keep/run a town yet? Or does it all get plundered when you log off?

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Haven't been able to play these last few days due to work, but i'm about to be snowed in so I think i'm going to make time. Has the recent patches made it viable to keep/run a town yet? Or does it all get plundered when you log off?
Depends how you play, obviously nothing is permanent but with the metal walls/doors working it's pretty hard for people to break in but if a large force finds your place (like the rerolled team did last night) you're going to be suffering some damage.

If you can be low key and hide your place well enough without drawing attention, you can have a reliable place to call home. This is a part of the game in a way, it's a way to offer something to do... Obviously taking on a huge clan of people (50+) is not only dangerous but extremely difficult but it also has the most reward, since they most likely have quite a bit of inventory to plunder!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been watching streams of this on twitch. I noticed a lack of something... something that seems rather important... I can't put my finger on it... oh. Yeah, that's it.

Did they forget the zombies?

nevermind, after 20 minutes of watching some streamer death match in a city without any zombies, I changed chanels and finally zombies.

Graphics quality clearly shows this is also going to the PS4, though :/

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
I've been watching streams of this on twitch. I noticed a lack of something... something that seems rather important... I can't put my finger on it... oh. Yeah, that's it.

Did they forget the zombies?

nevermind, after 20 minutes of watching some streamer death match in a city without any zombies, I changed chanels and finally zombies.

Graphics quality clearly shows this is also going to the PS4, though :/
The zombies are causing issues with framerates atm, so they don't have them fully implemented yet they say.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
The zombies exist just their not everywhere, whether that's because people killing them or just low spawns, I notice in the cities theres quite a few but just like dayz, players are much more dangerous than the zombies.

I'm pretty scared of bears though, I can usually get away from a player but a bear charges faster than run speed and can usually kill you in 2 hits!

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Right now there is an epic shit ton of loot in the neighborhoods near Plesant Valley, on the Deadwood server.

I'm finding 2+ Combat Knives in nearly every house. A Machete or Axe in every other house. Even found an AR-15 laying on top of an Axe.