H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Watching sodapopins stream for a bit today made me want to get this, just to fuck around with the proximity voice chat...

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
These dudes tried to raid our bases tonight, It was a 3 hour standoff 12 of them vs like 7 of us and we defended it. That shit was intense 3 hours of defending. Crazy.

Twitch

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Played some on the Test HC PVP last night while the rest of the servers were down and it had MED pop (probably due to it being up...). A lot of fun to be had, players everywhere and got lucky on an ambush and followed up with a zombie carrying a military backpack (just after I'd found the damn twine to make a framed). Weapons * Ammo + target rich environment = fun! Well, for those with the gear.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Played last night for the first time in a long time and I have to say they've done some great things with this game. It was fun before but it's receiving some good polish. Some friends and I jumped on Antidote but was hoping to get on a server with some other peeps if any of you are out there?

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been a while since I've played. Are your own bases secure from people getting in and stealing everything yet?

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
They've done a lot to combat the noclip hackers - I have bases across several servers (albeit isolated) and no issues with noclip looting. There have been reports of people losing ownership due to a bug which causes people to be able to get in, as well as a brute force hack for the four digit passcode (they've increased pass codes to allow more complexity now).

Just got accepted to a private server yesterday, going to tool around there some as well.

Anyone wanting to get back in with a vehicle and some weapons to start, pm me (if you post even less than I do I'll probably ignore you) - I've got more rides than I do ethanol on several servers but I can get you started to tool around.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Been a while since I've played. Are your own bases secure from people getting in and stealing everything yet?
Any base can be raided legit, even no clippers have to work to get into it and still need alot of IED's and fuel to get into. WHen they turn on their new system hopefully soon, it will even be harder for no clippers. They clip into your base and kill you, but when they do that, they get banned about 2-3 hours after that, in some cases way sooner.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Started playing yesterday with a work buddy. Fun so far; first two-man BR we played I ended up at #10 with a few kills. Not too bad I guess!

Is there some trick to make in-game voice/proximity chat good? The static/distortion is so bad I can barely tell what people are saying.

I go by my board name and have been running around Antidote, holler with bullets if you see me :p

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
In game proximity chat has always been spotty for me, I'll hear guys carrying on a conversation several houses over in PV but can't understand a guy talking right next to me.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hmm I might hop on gangrene for a bit and see how survival is. Mostly been doing BRs, but won like 3 in a row and getting kinda bored with it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Started playing yesterday with a work buddy. Fun so far; first two-man BR we played I ended up at #10 with a few kills. Not too bad I guess!

Is there some trick to make in-game voice/proximity chat good? The static/distortion is so bad I can barely tell what people are saying.

I go by my board name and have been running around Antidote, holler with bullets if you see me :p
Having the output set at a reasonable volume helps distortion. The lower the better. Otherwise not much you can do.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider

the plus and minus on the numberpad will turn a players voice up or down in game. The distortion part of it, is if people have shitty as mic's.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Gangrene was a dead server - so we moved and started rebuilding again on Batter.
We'll probably see you guys. We're bouncing around until another server wipe. I'm not a big fan of bases a mile high every 10 feet on all parts of the map. There has to be a better way to manage that unless they're being legitimately being maintained but I find that hard to believe.

I'm always Muligan and my buddy is Peacebreak3r but we are currently running around Antidote if you see us.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
So picked this up tonight and am downloading it now, you guys are on Batter? Any newbie tips?
Get used of dying alot lol.

Build a shack.store a few things in it but never put alot in a shack. It will get raided. Takes like o ly 18 or so ieds to blow the metal door

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
So, we moved to the server 3 days ago or so and by last night we had a good chunk of the whole server against us due to radio chatter.

Was fun seeing our group of 12 being attacked by about 25 people of multiple clans who hate each other, but coming against us. Base still stands and they went away after a hour of battling.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Been playing on Alastor with a couple work friends. Anyone happen to be on here? We wanted high pop for the action even though it will be a much rougher start. Got a shack and trying to establish a small base.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Been playing on Alastor with a couple work friends. Anyone happen to be on here? We wanted high pop for the action even though it will be a much rougher start. Got a shack and trying to establish a small base.
you need to learn how to basebuild right or your shit will just get blown into really easy. IT took me a few builds, but i got my design down. Obviously there is nothing 100 percent raid proof, but you can make them have to use 300-500 IED's to get into.

What we do is we take over an area, Like say the Waste management area, and build about 4-6 bases all close by, Store stuff in every base. Its the safest way to keep your shit, if you store it all in 1 base. Its just a matter of days until someone else owns your stuff.