H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Those videos are just so....sad. I did laugh that he stumbled on at least a few other hackers, when in reality it takes just one to ruin the server. This is just one reason I havent logged in for weeks.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Turds in the punch bowl make punch sellers more money!

See we can make ridiculous claims too

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
ive always wanted a voice changer like that, anyone know where to get one?

im glad I didn't buy this, seems to be the same things that killed DayZ are persistent here, its only 20$ but still.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The bans in this game are supposedly hardware rather than IP or account. I'm sure real codedorks can figure out a way around it, but the teenagers downloading these programs from ownedcore or whatever the fuck sure as fuck won't know how. Until one of the true neckbeard redpillers gives them a workaround they can manage after school.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
The bans in this game are supposedly hardware rather than IP or account. I'm sure real codedorks can figure out a way around it, but the teenagers downloading these programs from ownedcore or whatever the fuck sure as fuck won't know how. Until one of the true neckbeard redpillers gives them a workaround they can manage after school.
ownedcore will release the info so people keep buying, they will make it a package deal!

plus 99% of the sites you pay for the hack, its undetected and they update it frequently to keep it that way.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea it's pretty bad right now, even on medium/low pop servers trying to do solo stuff you'll just get domed relatively quickly in any of the larger city areas.

Hands off for a while until it gets cleaned up unfortunately.

Oldbased

> Than U
Note that I and most of the other people in our channel aren't here to play a single player game. We're here for a team survival experience. I'm not playing to make rabbit sandwiches. I'm here to roll around with a an organized crew and fuck people up with ARs and shotguns. Until I can do that without immediately being hit by a hacker, I won't be playing much.

To each their own.
I'm not either. You can joke about it all you want but just a quick pass through 2 camps, 3 cabins and the broken bridge yields me about 10 encounters with other players in a span of only 30 minutes. Sometimes I kill them, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I run, sometimes we call truce. But I hardly fucking sit in a house all day making rabbit sandwiches that take literally 20 seconds to make a dozen of.

nate_sl

shitlord
I'm not either. You can joke about it all you want but just a quick pass through 2 camps, 3 cabins and the broken bridge yields me about 10 encounters with other players in a span of only 30 minutes. Sometimes I kill them, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I run, sometimes we call truce. But I hardly fucking sit in a house all day making rabbit sandwiches that take literally 20 seconds to make a dozen of.
I'm not saying you do either, and I'll give you a lot of credit, playing as an individual has worked out very well for you. But I want to go play in the towns and cities in a crew. I have no interest in being forced to scavenge around the perimeter because the risk of hackers is much less. I want to go engage in the fights that result from raiding cities/bases.

The problem isn't with your style, my style, or anyone else's style. The problem is being forced to play a certain way because it's the only effective way to avoid hackers.

How fucking stupid are you? If 5% (likely less) of their players are causing the 95% to quit the game, how are they losing money by banning hackers? The hackers aren't the ones buying shit out of the cash shop. If a hacker gets banned and wants to keep playing, he has to fork over another 20 bucks. Hackers are a legitimate threat to the long term health of the game, something that will result in them losing money (already has?).

I don't even think you play this game.
95% aren't quitting, get real. Even if 95% were quitting, 95% of them have already sunk in any money they're going to. It's generally only a small percentage who spend significant amounts throughout their entire playtime, the rest either buy up-front or not at all. If most of the hackers are outside the US as someone suggested, there's a good chance they're either not paying for the game directly (e.g. fraud) or paying a reduced amount. In either case, you can certainly expect a chargeback on the purchase, which will always go through if they're outside the US. For this price range, that will be an approximately $15 penalty. Pretty easy to understand why they're not banning many, if any at all, but maybe it's not as evident if you're only gaming to game. This is another DayZ unfortunately, perpetual alpha. I got my $20 worth though, I had fun. Uninstalled and requested a refund this morning.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm not saying you do either, and I'll give you a lot of credit, playing as an individual has worked out very well for you. But I want to go play in the towns and cities in a crew. I have no interest in being forced to scavenge around the perimeter because the risk of hackers is much less. I want to go engage in the fights that result from raiding cities/bases.

The problem isn't with your style, my style, or anyone else's style. The problem is being forced to play a certain way because it's the only effective way to avoid hackers.
Ya my style would only entertain 2 maybe 3 people max. I run into small groups of 2's sometimes 3 but never more. But I never go east of the damn or west of the river entering PV anymore. Mostly I stick to the center of the map.

nate_sl

shitlord
If most of the hackers are outside the US as someone suggested, there's a good chance they're either not paying for the game directly (e.g. fraud) or paying a reduced amount. In either case, you can certainly expect a chargeback on the purchase, which will always go through if they're outside the US. For this price range, that will be an approximately $15 penalty. Pretty easy to understand why they're not banning many, if any at all, but maybe it's not as evident if you're only gaming to game.
I have no idea what you're fucking talking about. That they're somehow losing money by banning an international account and forcing a repurchase of the game? If this was the case, they wouldn't be selling to these markets. An account sale is revenue for them. They aren't giving refunds when they ban accounts. Banning an account forces another account purchase, which is more revenue.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
So apparently they handed out mass bans this weekend, and changed memory locations of some shit which has temporarily nullified some hacks. Been playing all day, haven't seen any hackers so far and been running and gunning. Despite the events of last night, it appears to be a good weekend to play.

Oldbased

> Than U
So apparently they handed out mass bans this weekend, and changed memory locations of some shit which has temporarily nullified some hacks. Been playing all day, haven't seen any hackers so far and been running and gunning. Despite the events of last night, it appears to be a good weekend to play.
Most of those bans are ongoing today which is why I think number dude got banned and claiming to quit now.
Anyhow since most of the group is giving is a rest I am not going to play Antidote much as I am happy with the other server I been on the past 24 hours. If you Antidote people want a shack/door/furnace/grill/barbed wire x5 and some animal traps all this x2 let me know.

No ban for me, account is still accessible and I was logged in playing until about an hour ago. My tools were still working too, however they only rely on a single memory location. The rest are acquired by following the pointer path, so if they did change anything, it didn't impact my method. If they do stop working, I'll have to reinstall and check out what they did to try and stop it
smile.png

Regarding what I'm talking about, here's the process on how they'd lose money since it's difficult to understand apparently:

1. Person A buys the game for $20 using their own money.
2. Person A uses hacks during their play session.
3. SOE detects Person A is using a hack and bans them.
4. Person A realizes they are banned, calls their bank and reports the charge as fraudulent, or with less frequent success, claims their purchase wasn't satisfactory and the company lied to them about the product.
5. Bank opens a dispute on the charge and SOE is notified (this is called a chargeback).
6. SOE can now dispute the chargeback or approve a refund. If they agree to a refund, the $20 is credited back to Person A with limited or no penalty.
7. If SOE chose to dispute the chargeback, a back and forth process occurs in which SOE and Person A submit evidence to their banks to prove what happened.
8. If the charge was reported as fraudulent, the bank immediately sides with Person A and reverts the charge. Generally no penalty for SOE.
9. If the charge was reported as unsatisfactory, the evidence is reviewed and Person A gets their money back. Depending on the evidence, SOE may be issued a $15 penalty for making the banks investigate.

It almost always stops at #6, with SOE issuing a refund. It's easier because they don't have to submit anything and they lose essentially no money. Account linked to the purchase is terminated/permabanned - nothing lost but a bit of bandwidth and some pride. At this point, Person A can purchase another copy of the game, thus continuing the cycle. Couple this with stolen credit cards and all kinds of other scams, you can see how annoying of a problem it can be. If SOE gets too many chargebacks in a certain period, I believe the banks will even investigate or temporarily prevent transactions to their account until it's reviewed - never had it happen to me so I can't say. It's easier not to ban all but the worst and say you did.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
yeah, i was playing today and i didnt encounter a hacker. i was expecting too and it never happened, but i did die to a zombie, because my character got stuck in a animation. I guess you can get stuck pulling the bow back and cant release.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
wouldnt soe i mean Daybreak just show their steampage saying your buying an early access broken ass buggy game right now, do NOT purchase the game if you cant deal with the issues that will happen. It should then be over right there and you lose your 20 bucks.

Offering a total sandbox experience, H1Z1 is a zombie survival MMO set in a post-apocalyptic world. NOTICE: H1Z1 is in EARLY ACCESS which means you should expect bugs and disruptions in service. Purchase if you'd like to help us build the next great survival MMO.
lol thats all they would need to give to the damned banks and its over.

Oldbased

> Than U
This next week we are supposed to see some anti hacker actions in the weekly patch. We'll see. Didn't ever run into one today either though.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Cool ... someone came to my base, tore down my door and robbed me of 2 full storage containers or mats, guns, ammo, car parts, etc ...

between hackers, and being able to just smash doors down and steal shit, it's getting real tedious.