H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
OH, I figured it out. I mustve been out of bounds, I see my health ticking down now in the corner ;\

Dammit....

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Well that doesn't seem very cool
It's only slightly easier to tell you're 'out of bounds' when on foot. There's a tiny screen shake, and even tinier 'skull' signs nearby. It's...not an optimal system yet.

Oldbased

> Than U
I wasnt able to salvage much from stuff left in other shacks. Whomever had the shack beside Ashes to the left of the big shack I did manage to grab the battery/plugs and some hammers.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Apparently, if you combine a Pipe and a Metal Bar you get a weapon called a "No-Brainer" that is really good at killing zombies with out wasting ammo.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm so even if you build yourself a shack someone can come and just destroy it and take your stuff anyway?

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Are there aimbots already? I saw a guy camping with a rifle, was zig zagging in and out of cover running randomly and he hit me flawlessly 3 times. Then upon respawn before I'm even done loading another guy shoots at me with a bow. Wheee

*this* is why I'm actually tempted to play on a PvE server, but I know there isn't going to ever be enough PvE to warrant it, so meh.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Are there aimbots already? I saw a guy camping with a rifle, was zig zagging in and out of cover running randomly and he hit me flawlessly 3 times. Then upon respawn before I'm even done loading another guy shoots at me with a bow. Wheee

*this* is why I'm actually tempted to play on a PvE server, but I know there isn't going to ever be enough PvE to warrant it, so meh.
This game will never have worthwhile PVE I don't think. Also yeah it's the same engine as PS2 so I'd assume some of the hacks spill over. SOE does hardware ID bans though so it will be hard to continue hacking.

misery_sl

shitlord
This game looks so trash.

People must be desperate.

Also, I know the dev team is different than the EQNext dev team. Or at least I think it is. If the combat in H1Z1 is any indicator of how the combat in EQNext will be, I am out. OUT!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Edit: The one thing that sticks out the most as disappointing is the scavenging mechanic, I've never seen so many empty cabinets or wrecked cars in any game before. It really takes away from the salvaging feel of a survival game.
That's been bothering me as well. Out of a hundred or so things I've tried scavenging, I've found a whole 1 thing which was antibiotics.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
I wasnt able to salvage much from stuff left in other shacks. Whomever had the shack beside Ashes to the left of the big shack I did manage to grab the battery/plugs and some hammers.
Ah shit, sounds like my shack. Logging in to confirm.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This game looks so trash.

People must be desperate.

Also, I know the dev team is different than the EQNext dev team. Or at least I think it is. If the combat in H1Z1 is any indicator of how the combat in EQNext will be, I am out. OUT!
Bye.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some good news...

What is there to do in PvE, though? Without fear of being killed by people, surviving really isn't that hard at all.

I've been killed countless times already, even by people I think may have been hacking. Still having a blast, though.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I have been killed by another player only one time. Usually, when i run across other people, we just team up for a while before we split up due to the need to find food. I dont trust anyone, and i dont turn my back to anyone, but so far its been really cool to see others. I have never been a fan of using the mic in any game ive played, but I find myself talking a lot in H1. Dont know what it is.

Last night, me and one guy got swarmed by zombies while searching for loot in a neighborhood of run-down homes. The zombies cant open doors so we ran from house to house while zombies chased us. It was like being in a movie! Hilarity ensues in every play session.

Game is solid. There is definitely a functioning set up to have some awesome PvP turf battles. Devs need to add player made signs!

Bruman

Golden Squire
I'm pretty ignorant of this game - what's the deeper game, the meta-game, or the long term goals? I've watched a few streams here and there, and it was just people looting and occasionally killing other people. Zombies seemed pretty rare.

Can you actually build large structures and such, make bases, build a town, etc? Grow crops, build defenses, try to "restart civilization" in the zombie apocalypse? I'd hope so, I just hadn't seen anyone do it on the streams I checked out.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I would like to have fake internet babies and restart civilization. Who wants to be the dad?

You can have babies in this game right?

Edit: I'll buy this game if they have a keep the baby alive game mode on one of the servers. I know someone who will be the dad.

I Got 2 kids already, they eat all my goddamn berrys , so i used them for Zombie bait my last run into town. Now I can eat my own berries. 10/10 would make babies again for zombie bait.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm pretty ignorant of this game - what's the deeper game, the meta-game, or the long term goals? I've watched a few streams here and there, and it was just people looting and occasionally killing other people. Zombies seemed pretty rare.

Can you actually build large structures and such, make bases, build a town, etc? Grow crops, build defenses, try to "restart civilization" in the zombie apocalypse? I'd hope so, I just hadn't seen anyone do it on the streams I checked out.
They plan to add some other things like the more you do something the better you become. I guess you could look at it like levels without a number. Otherwise goal is to live, have fun and kill people.
I was max reknown in Warhammer a long time. I had no gear to obtain or levels to get. I still played each night for like a year later and that game had more bugs than this one does now.
As for the others, some you can do now, some are being added. If you look back a few pages you can see where we was building the most basic of bases which got torn down last night. Better bases coming in time with better options. It is day 4 of alpha basically.