H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Well later they are going to add plus bonus to your stats the longer you stay alive, not alot, but some, kinda like how in PS2 you get higher level shields and that not, its not a huge difference, but there is some, you can still get owned by a newb. This is also the very very basics. Im sure there is alot more coming down the pipeline.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People that get killed by zombies should turn into zombies and you should be able to kill humans and turn them into zombies. I think that's the next step in these "Day-Z" ripoff games.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
People that get killed by zombies should turn into zombies and you should be able to kill humans and turn them into zombies. I think that's the next step in these "Day-Z" ripoff games.
They do. Just not controllable. That's why sometimes you find zombies with guns on them.

Oldbased

> Than U
You're probably right Olebass. Just keep in mind in it's current scale it's not an MMO at all, in fact as far as I can tell it doesn't even have any forms of character progression whatsoever.

I was really hoping for the zombie version of Planetside 2 and Landmark squashed together to some extent.
John Smedley (President of SOE) tweeted
@j_smedley
?
3 hours ago
I look at H1Z1 not as an MMO at all. It's got nothing whatsoever to do with MMOs. It's a session based persistent online game.

That is the way Smed sees it, probably pretty accurate.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Exactly. Its a quasi MMO, persistent world combined with lots of people.
I joined in on antidote, but i'm having a hard time. Beside picking up berries , branches, and stealing rabbit steaks from camps, i'm getting killed none stop when i'm exploring. players are more scary than zombies.

Rrogerr if you guys want to tag me in
Nature of the game. Id say at least 1/2 the time I encounter someone they try and kill me.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This game looks so trash.

People must be desperate.

Also, I know the dev team is different than the EQNext dev team. Or at least I think it is. If the combat in H1Z1 is any indicator of how the combat in EQNext will be, I am out. OUT!
You can't judge games like this by the way they look. This type of game really relies on the social interactions in addition to how world the facilitates those interactions. You don't need much but there's still a ways to go. Really just a matter of tweaking a few things and adding a little bit to separate it from the competition.

H1Z1 is definitely the leader of the genre but it's not by much. Essentially they combined the good of DayZ and the good of Rust.

I'm still hoping we get something to change the respwan location such as backpacks al a Rust. Would be cool to see something push people a little bit either towards or against one another.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Have they tweaked container loot spawn? I'll go ahead and wait till they do. It's boring to find nothing of interest in 300 out of 300 containers. Loot seems to spawn ok *outside* of containers.

Oldbased

> Than U
Have they tweaked container loot spawn? I'll go ahead and wait till they do. It's boring to find nothing of interest in 300 out of 300 containers. Loot seems to spawn ok *outside* of containers.
It among other things is in tonight's patch which is in a few hours.

Man cant recall the game name for some reason , but a game did this already way back. Was made in source engine , you had a certain amount of time to prepare...scrounge for weapons and in some cases barricaded the doors with furniture and ammo was limited. Favorite map was a forest one with 2 cabins i think it was and it was dark as fuck. Was made in the source engine , they made a sequel to it but it sucked fucking ass.

Remembered the name after i finished typing , Zombie Panic Source....man that game was fun as all hell.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
You can't judge games like this by the way they look. This type of game really relies on the social interactions in addition to how world the facilitates those interactions. You don't need much but there's still a ways to go. Really just a matter of tweaking a few things and adding a little bit to separate it from the competition.

H1Z1 is definitely the leader of the genre but it's not by much. Essentially they combined the good of DayZ and the good of Rust.

I'm still hoping we get something to change the respwan location such as backpacks al a Rust. Would be cool to see something push people a little bit either towards or against one another.
the graphics will improve alot once they get the shaders and everything working on the higher settings. game looks so much better on medium setttings but you just cant play with it on medium due to being at a huge disadvantage.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
John Smedley (President of SOE) tweeted
@j_smedley
3 hours ago
I look at H1Z1 not as an MMO at all. It's got nothing whatsoever to do with MMOs. It's a session based persistent online game.

That is the way Smed sees it, probably pretty accurate.
Answers a question for me. Given apparently your shacks can be demolished and your stuff taken, I was trying to grasp what they were going to use to keep people playing. But given that statement + nothing being permanent, seems to be more of a play 1-2 days and go all out and just resets each time.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Man cant recall the game name for some reason , but a game did this already way back. Was made in source engine , you had a certain amount of time to prepare...scrounge for weapons and in some cases barricaded the doors with furniture and ammo was limited. Favorite map was a forest one with 2 cabins i think it was and it was dark as fuck. Was made in the source engine , they made a sequel to it but it sucked fucking ass.

Remembered the name after i finished typing , Zombie Panic Source....man that game was fun as all hell.
Zombiemod, fucking amazing played the hell out of it.

fris

Vyemm Raider
anyone else keep running after you release the key? annoying

not as much kos as early rust, but close. some friendly, i assume once people know what loot looks like they'll kill you for it. i found an ax at some random camp in the woods. walked to a small town and 2 guys jumped over a fence to me. i said hey friendly, they did the same, then started shooting arrows at me. i ran for about 2 seconds, then tuned back once their first round of arrows missed. i hadn't shot yet so wasnt sure of the accuracy, but that was enough for me to go on. they tried to bait and the other shoot at me. didn't work, one guy killed the other with his arrow, i might have gotten one ax swing on him first. then i chased the 2nd guy, laughing at him for killing his friend. he finally stopped and we did the jousting thing a bit till he died. i laughed. got 2 backpacks to choose from, water bottles, good bow, battery and spark plugs and various food. i'm sure i'll die before i find a car to put them in.

melee seems clunky. not sure if i'm supposed to hold down left click or quick tap it. stand still when starting my swing or if i can do it while moving. cutting a tree down felt much different than fighting despite being the same weapon.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
anyone else keep running after you release the key? annoying

not as much kos as early rust, but close. some friendly, i assume once people know what loot looks like they'll kill you for it. i found an ax at some random camp in the woods. walked to a small town and 2 guys jumped over a fence to me. i said hey friendly, they did the same, then started shooting arrows at me. i ran for about 2 seconds, then tuned back once their first round of arrows missed. i hadn't shot yet so wasnt sure of the accuracy, but that was enough for me to go on. they tried to bait and the other shoot at me. didn't work, one guy killed the other with his arrow, i might have gotten one ax swing on him first. then i chased the 2nd guy, laughing at him for killing his friend. he finally stopped and we did the jousting thing a bit till he died. i laughed. got 2 backpacks to choose from, water bottles, good bow, battery and spark plugs and various food. i'm sure i'll die before i find a car to put them in.

melee seems clunky. not sure if i'm supposed to hold down left click or quick tap it. stand still when starting my swing or if i can do it while moving. cutting a tree down felt much different than fighting despite being the same weapon.
there is like a momentum system. So after you release you did wull take like a step and do a stop animation. it doesnt happen when your in a crouch position i dont think.