H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

melee seems clunky. not sure if i'm supposed to hold down left click or quick tap it. stand still when starting my swing or if i can do it while moving. cutting a tree down felt much different than fighting despite being the same weapon.
Melee is completely retarded right now because there is no player collision. People keep running straight through each other on swings and no hits get registered.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Its a fun diversion. Not much more. Good for some short term fun, item accumulation, killing etc.. and then when you get whacked and lose most of your shit do it all over again.

I enjoy this like I enjoyed Don't Starve. I'll likely put in a good number of hours but its not a game I'd sit down with for a month or two and play marathon sessions for that entire time. Pick it up, put it down, repeat when desired.

That said, it earns the alpha tag. Still fun but it is pretty buggy.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Game is janky as fuck but it's early access and I chose to give my dollars away so whatevs. Some swear they're good people but I trust nobody and make my best effort to branch everyone's head to death and upgrade to a bow or something. I was doing pretty good volleying arrows at people until someone came with a shotgun that nailed me from sniper distance.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Lol yeah, it's this whole scenario where I convince myself I have to strike first. I've pretty much resorted to KOS at all times.

This one guy punched me to death and I respawned right by him so I started chasing him. It was at night in the woods and he had a flashlight so I started making the Jason noise over my mic. I had a laugh anyways.

It probably isn't worth $20 right now but it'll get the financial support indie devs lack and continue to get better.

nate_sl

shitlord
Game is very good, it's still clunky as others have said but its improving by the day. Already a lot of bugs that would cause people to loose their shit (pun) have been fixed. I think the loot system is pretty decent, and I hope they keep loot scarce. As far as I can tell, the server wants a certain amount of loot to be in play at one time, and once that threshold is reached, loot more or less only spawns when something is taken out of play. That's why you see so many cloth caps and shirts around, and no AR-15s. Cloth items get taken out of play all the time as newbies die, while AR-15s get hoarded and rarely leave play. Currently most good loot is concentrated at the top, but as people learn the game and start having large scale fights, that distribution will level out (or not).

The bottom line is it's fun as fuck. Rip your shirt to shreds, make a bow, and go be a hero.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Are we moving the base? Those other fuckers need punished for all the killing they have done.

Maybe it's too close to the city? I'm not familiar with the area much, so don't know a better place.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Game is very good, it's still clunky as others have said but its improving by the day. Already a lot of bugs that would cause people to loose their shit (pun) have been fixed. I think the loot system is pretty decent, and I hope they keep loot scarce. As far as I can tell, the server wants a certain amount of loot to be in play at one time, and once that threshold is reached, loot more or less only spawns when something is taken out of play. That's why you see so many cloth caps and shirts around, and no AR-15s. Cloth items get taken out of play all the time as newbies die, while AR-15s get hoarded and rarely leave play. Currently most good loot is concentrated at the top, but as people learn the game and start having large scale fights, that distribution will level out (or not).

The bottom line is it's fun as fuck. Rip your shirt to shreds, make a bow, and go be a hero.
I'm liking the game more and more. I actually felt like others at first and was concerned with the longevity of the game, especially with knowing how I felt while playing DayZ, but after running into a clan building an entire city (-2800 -3000) and planning their take over of Pleasant Valley, I changed my mind. The game facilitates a larger variety of social dynamics than the other Survival MMO's. These games have always been entertaining, obvious by the Twitch viewers, and can be as good as any TV show. However, this game has more to offer than entertaining role-players and zombie survivalists. Whether SoE capitalizes on this or not is still yet to be seen but if this game progresses in the right direction, this could be a ton of fun even long term for all types of players.

nate_sl

shitlord
The problem is the preconception of what a base is. In Rust, building huge infrastructure was a great defensive tactic, as these buildings were more or less permanent and offered layers of protection for your stashes.

H1Z1 seems to be taking a different route (which I prefer) and has made bases smaller, less permanent establishments that you should expect to be regularly broken into (even after Tuesday's update). Building a huge base in the open just exposes you to an onslaught of raiders who see easy money... The assets of a whole crew contained in 1 space.

The people who dominate in H1Z1 will be small groups (3-5) who conduct planned, coordinated attacks. Who attacked us? No idea, it was over before anyone could see who did it. Where is their base? No one know knows, but my guess: It doesn't exist... It's a few small shacks, spread out and hidden, not a large structure of group of shacks. Something that doesn't draw attention to them. They operate as a network of individuals and duos, then come together as a squad when they see someone they want to hit.

After playing all weekend. my advice if you're struggling is this:

1. Shred your shirt and make a bow + 50 arrows. Go alone or with 1 friend and learn to survive, first and foremost. Individual survival skills are the foundation of a good team.

2. Attack the first person you see as a fresh spawn. It will teach you how to bow and fist fight, which is important even after you have assault rifles. Learn to kill naked.

3. Fighting zombies and the other players who are also fighting zombies is currently the best way to get loot outside of raiding shacks, though that may change.

3. If you follow #2, and learn to recognize signs of who is strong, who is weak, who may have something good on them, you will eventually kill someone and get a nice haul.

4. Once a guy has a sufficient stash, log him out, create a brand new "alt", and try to build a shed for the character who just scored a nice gank. Having many alts can effectively replace the sleeping bag the Rust players want.

Good luck, trust no one.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
The problem is the preconception of what a base is. In Rust, building huge infrastructure was a great defensive tactic, as these buildings were more or less permanent and offered layers of protection for your stashes.

H1Z1 seems to be taking a different route (which I prefer) and has made bases smaller, less permanent establishments that you should expect to be regularly broken into (even after Tuesday's update). Building a huge base in the open just exposes you to an onslaught of raiders who see easy money... The assets of a whole crew contained in 1 space.

The people who dominate in H1Z1 will be small groups (3-5) who conduct planned, coordinated attacks. Who attacked us? No idea, it was over before anyone could see who did it. Where is their base? No one know knows, but my guess: It doesn't exist... It's a few small shacks, spread out and hidden, not a large structure of group of shacks. Something that doesn't draw attention to them. They operate as a network of individuals and duos, then come together as a squad when they see someone they want to hit.

After playing all weekend. my advice if you're struggling is this:

1. Shred your shirt and make a bow + 50 arrows. Go alone or with 1 friend and learn to survive, first and foremost. Individual survival skills are the foundation of a good team.

2. Attack the first person you see as a fresh spawn. It will teach you how to bow and fist fight, which is important even after you have assault rifles. Learn to kill naked.

3. Fighting zombies and the other players who are also fighting zombies is currently the best way to get loot outside of raiding shacks, though that may change.

3. If you follow #2, and learn to recognize signs of who is strong, who is weak, who may have something good on them, you will eventually kill someone and get a nice haul.

4. Once a guy has a sufficient stash, log him out, create a brand new "alt", and try to build a shed for the character who just scored a nice gank. Having many alts can effectively replace the sleeping bag the Rust players want.

Good luck, trust no one.
In the spirit of that, fuck your advice. :p

nate_sl

shitlord
Do as you see fit, that's the name of the game. I'm sure the local tax man appreciates your continued generosity.
smile.png

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Anyone watch Golden Gloves stream last night? Bout 10 fuckers got in a church with one guy up front preaching and everyone had their hands in the air. I was laughing so god damn hard at the RP.