H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Vitality

HUSTLE
Is Rust or Dayz not persistent? Never played those just asking.

ETA: I'm surprised it was moved too considering planetside is still there.
Planetside is an MMOFPS with Character persistence and progression - This game is not anywhere close to PS2 on any scale.

By all of your logic, this game and every game like minecraft with persistent session based gameplay needs to be in the MMORPG subforum. Which is most certainly not the case.

The other games sub forum is for games that do not categorize as an MMO.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
There is character persistence on my server in H1Z1. When I die, I still have my discovered crafting plans. Discovering all the crafting plans is a major goal of the game, imo.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
For me, H1Z1 passes the MMO smell test because of the # of players per server (250 i think atm? Limited only by land mass). Character progression is via items and can persist through death if you have a stash or are able to recover your items after death.

I know Smed has said "I don't consider it a mmo", but he has also said "SOE only makes MMO's"

Oldbased

> Than U
For me, H1Z1 passes the MMO smell test because of the # of players per server (250 i think atm? Limited only by land mass). Character progression is via items and can persist through death if you have a stash or are able to recover your items after death.

I know Smed has said "I don't consider it a mmo", but he has also said "SOE only makes MMO's"
Exactly. It also does compare to Planetside 2 since it is the same engine and does have advancement.
Not worth arguing though, I don't consider WoW a MMO, more like a daycare for autistic children.

Vitality

HUSTLE
There is character persistence on my server in H1Z1. When I die, I still have my discovered crafting plans. Discovering all the crafting plans is a major goal of the game, imo.
I unlock guns in battlefield and call of duty - sometimes on the same server of over a hundred people for repeated days - that doesn't make it an mmo.

W

Wrathcaster

Got a refund. Blatant lies about the airdrops immediately turned me off. Don't mind Early Access fees, I did it for Standalone and had lots of decent (albeit extremely buggy) gameplay for months.

The airdrops will unbalance the game, no matter the amount of excitement or craziness they create as an "event." It's gear spawned via a monetary transaction into the world that otherwise wouldn't exist. In the survival genre this is inexcusable, as scarcity is one of the most crucial aspects of the entire experience. It's what makes PvP so compelling.

This will get abused. Groups of players will find a way to monopolize their drops, and it will create an arms race between those who pay for gear. If you're already kitted out with a competent group, you can manage the flurry of players that will flock to the things. Try out any DayZ overpoch server. The missions create the same excitement, and the players who continually win the missions and collect the gear have a clear advantage over those who don't.

Difference is, you can't pay to spawn in missions whenever you like within a certain radius of your character (even 2000m isn't that far with a vehicle).

This is wrong, it ruins the point of the genre, and it's a bold-faced lie on the part of the developers. I'll be back to try when it's either free, or paid airdrops are removed.

Oldbased

> Than U
I unlock guns in battlefield and call of duty - sometimes on the same server of over a hundred people for repeated days - that doesn't make it an mmo.
You don't unlock guns in H1Z1, you craft , find or obtain it as loot as you would a MMO.
Look Vitality I like you, but you obviously have issues with SoE and want to shit on anything they make or people who play it. I get it, I didn't touch SoE for almost a decade due to it. We could do this shit all month.

Stop shitting on this thread/people if you don't like or want to contribute to this game. I don't go into the WoW thread shitting on them for playing it or EQNext or any of those shitty games.

Oldbased

> Than U
Got a refund. Blatant lies about the airdrops immediately turned me off. Don't mind Early Access fees, I did it for Standalone and had lots of decent (albeit extremely buggy) gameplay for months.

The airdrops will unbalance the game, no matter the amount of excitement or craziness they create as an "event." It's gear spawned via a monetary transaction into the world that otherwise wouldn't exist. In the survival genre this is inexcusable, as scarcity is one of the most crucial aspects of the entire experience. It's what makes PvP so compelling.

This will get abused. Groups of players will find a way to monopolize their drops, and it will create an arms race between those who pay for gear. If you're already kitted out with a competent group, you can manage the flurry of players that will flock to the things. Try out any DayZ overpoch server. The missions create the same excitement, and the players who continually win the missions and collect the gear have a clear advantage over those who don't.

Difference is, you can't pay to spawn in missions whenever you like within a certain radius of your character (even 2000m isn't that far with a vehicle).

This is wrong, it ruins the point of the genre, and it's a bold-faced lie on the part of the developers. I'll be back to try when it's either free, or paid airdrops are removed.
I was upset about air drops as well ( as well as about anyone ) until I managed to steal someone else's. Then we started getting quest drops to go to loot crates off of mobs which gave more than a air drop ever would. Then they nerfed air drops.
Air Drops in this game are 99% useless to those who pay for it. Chances are they will never get the loot. Even if they do, in game quests are easier/faster way to obtain guns/ammo that I guess most don't know about yet.

W

Wrathcaster

You don't unlock guns in H1Z1, you craft , find or obtain it as loot as you would a MMO.
Look Vitality I like you, but you obviously have issues with SoE and want to shit on anything they make or people who play it. I get it, I didn't touch SoE for almost a decade due to it. We could do this shit all month.

Stop shitting on this thread/people if you don't like or want to contribute to this game. I don't go into the WoW thread shitting on them for playing it or EQNext or any of those shitty games.
I'm not shitting on the game. I'm shitting on the gameplay mechanic that's created by microtransactions. I was really excited about it, still am, but I'm very disappointed about being misled, and a refund doesn't change policy. I'm offering commentary on the gameplay itself via a crucial aspect of the game, and how I believe it will trend in the future should the paid airdrops continue.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm not shitting on the game. I'm shitting on the gameplay mechanic that's created by microtransactions. I was really excited about it, still am, but I'm very disappointed about being misled, and a refund doesn't change policy. I'm offering commentary on the gameplay itself via a crucial aspect of the game, and how I believe it will trend in the future should the paid airdrops continue.
Think you replied to my post to Vitality, I know why you were upset and addressed it below it.

Vitality

HUSTLE

I don't really have issues with SOE to be honest, I watch h1z1 streams every day since it came out.

The social side of it is very entertaining, that's where I +netted you previously on anyways because you shared a couple great stories.

Sorry if you feel like the rest of my posts were shit my man.

People regularly use these threads for insight into game purchases and I want to make sure they get both sides of the street.

Oldbased

> Than U
I don't really have issues with SOE to be honest, I watch h1z1 streams every day since it came out.

The social side of it is very entertaining, that's where I +netted you previously on anyways because you shared a couple great stories.

Sorry if you feel like the rest of my posts were shit my man.
Hmm never had a + net, but I agree with some of your sentiments and as I said don't have issues with you directly, I like you. Just seems by spamming the mod thread and arguing over a game you don't play you seem to have some serious SoE hate.
Just seemed like most of your posts for this thread at least was to knock it down and the people who play it for playing it.
Hate leads to the darkside and all that.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Some nice patch changes:

Servers will be going down at 2:00PM with an approximate downtime of up to 2 hours. Servers should be returning around 4:00PM Pacific.
The update includes the following fixes:
.Fixed issue with loot rules which were preventing spawning items inside containers
.Metal Gate should now work properly
.Floating Arrows should no longer cause damage or obstruct vehicles.
.Structures are now more resistant to damage
.Zombies should no longer slide or attack while knocked down
.Dragging a stack of items that was too large to fit in your inventory would not move any of the stack. It now tops off as much as it can fit
.Fixed issue where the inventory wouldn't accept the maximum it could hold when picking up items from proximity/containers.
.The dew collector should work now, seriously
.Adjusted many items so that they will stack in the inventory properly
.Added a recipe for a Metal Door that is more durable than a wooden door
.Additional server list sorting options are now available
.The inventory option "Delete" has been removed
."Drop", "Unload" and "Place" inventory options have been removed from proximity items
.Rebalanced melee damage, including fists
.Enabled melee headshot damage for NPC's and players Have feedback on the new melee changes? Post them in Jimmy's thread here[1]
.Fixed issue with the Runamok Toxic Cavern container not working
.Stagnant water can now be purified in barbecue.
.Bear meat can now be cooked on a barbecue.
.Rabbit stew can now be cooked. It now requires cooked rabbit meat instead of raw rabbit meat.
.Hammers, wrenches, and combat knives can now be melted down into bars inside of a furnace.
.Some larger items like the machete and AR15 now yield more metal bars when melted in a furnace.
.Animal traps now take damage.
.The animal trap recipe now require four nails.
.Fixed picking overlapping blackberry bushes where players sometimes had crouch to pick them successfully
.Fixed event tickets so that tickets found in the world are granted and the name and count show up properly

Vitality

HUSTLE
Must've been someone else on the net then - I can't net you - Either way I handed out a couple to some interesting reads in this thread.

I posted only twice about this thread in Amod to my knowledge, I'll watch it if it's spamming.

Thanks for the feedback on my attitude.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Some nice patch changes:

Servers will be going down at 2:00PM with an approximate downtime of up to 2 hours. Servers should be returning around 4:00PM Pacific.
The update includes the following fixes:
.Fixed issue with loot rules which were preventing spawning items inside containers
.Metal Gate should now work properly
.Floating Arrows should no longer cause damage or obstruct vehicles.
.Structures are now more resistant to damage
.Zombies should no longer slide or attack while knocked down
.Dragging a stack of items that was too large to fit in your inventory would not move any of the stack. It now tops off as much as it can fit
.Fixed issue where the inventory wouldn't accept the maximum it could hold when picking up items from proximity/containers.
.The dew collector should work now, seriously
.Adjusted many items so that they will stack in the inventory properly
.Added a recipe for a Metal Door that is more durable than a wooden door
.Additional server list sorting options are now available
.The inventory option "Delete" has been removed
."Drop", "Unload" and "Place" inventory options have been removed from proximity items
.Rebalanced melee damage, including fists
.Enabled melee headshot damage for NPC's and players Have feedback on the new melee changes? Post them in Jimmy's thread here[1]
.Fixed issue with the Runamok Toxic Cavern container not working
.Stagnant water can now be purified in barbecue.
.Bear meat can now be cooked on a barbecue.
.Rabbit stew can now be cooked. It now requires cooked rabbit meat instead of raw rabbit meat.
.Hammers, wrenches, and combat knives can now be melted down into bars inside of a furnace.
.Some larger items like the machete and AR15 now yield more metal bars when melted in a furnace.
.Animal traps now take damage.
.The animal trap recipe now require four nails.
.Fixed picking overlapping blackberry bushes where players sometimes had crouch to pick them successfully
.Fixed event tickets so that tickets found in the world are granted and the name and count show up properly
After opening like 500 containers and finding nothing, I can't wait for the servers to come up so I can get my lewt on. They appear to still be down 2 hours later though.

Oldbased

> Than U
Must've been someone else on the net then - I can't net you - Either way I handed out a couple to some interesting reads in this thread.

I posted only twice about this thread in Amod to my knowledge, I'll watch it if it's spamming.

Thanks for the feedback on my attitude
No problem man, make sure to tell me when I am miserable ass as well.
Seriously though you should try this game. The people who are not playing it basing it off reddit/youtube don't really have a scope of it at all. I think you'd enjoy yourself and it is by far better than that shit AA I spent around $60 on patron and other crap.

roger_sl

shitlord
Myst killed me while i was scavenging houses and found a shirt to craft my first bow, at least i called him a fucking fagget before dying, true story.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
rrr_img_88396.jpg
No Man's Sky is in the MMO forum and it isn't a MMO either.