Hades (Supergiant Games)

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Athena dash. Start every run with Athena's charm equipped and grab her dash. It makes the game way easier because the deflect shield persists for a handful of frames after the dash ends. The dash windows will be way more forgiving.

Great point. I know how good Athena dash is but the whole equipping trinkets thing in general to get certain combos is something I haven't dived too deep into yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Picked this back up again after a 6 month break. Prior to this I had 2 Hades clears and can get to him regularly, but usually by then my pool of Death Defiances is wiped out. Trying to get over this hump but it's not super fun.

I know the answer is to "git gud," not play as aggressively, dodge better, etc. but what else helped you when you got to this sort of mid-game area? I don't have a ton of weapon aspects unlocked, but I know I'm close to getting Bouldy and unlocking the last 2 mirror upgrades which I hope will help get me over that hump.

Just enable God Mode, which add a % to your dmg reduction for every fail. At a ceratin point, the hump will be negligible.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Just enable God Mode, which add a % to your dmg reduction for every fail. At a ceratin point, the hump will be negligible.
Believe me, I've thought of it. But it would bring shame to my family for generations to come.

The advice to start really learning the boons and best combos has helped a lot. That plus actually re-learning some patience. I had a close call before getting a broken chain lightning build last night for Hades kill #3. Also, realizing when a run is probably not going to make it and just accepting that loss and going back to advance some of the storylines has helped take some of the sting away.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I said it some pages back but since some people are only now coming back to play the game, I'll say it again...

I played the shit out of this game, did Hades many times and usually could do it without even losing a life along the way including with some increased difficulty (not super high though), and I tested all the weapons (some of them I can't finish the game without losing a life though). To me, the most OP setup was the aegis weapon with the hammer upgrades that make it bounce on 7 enemies before returning, and the Poseidon boon that makes super splash damage on shield hits and the one that makes it so enemies take big damage when they're bounced into walls... You can also combine that with upgraded 3 dashes with more splash watery damage. With this setup, you'll be throwing your shield into a room and everything gets smashed to pulp against walls or obstacles as you dash around and cause even more watery damage. It eats through bosses if you just spam dash around them in a tight circle, and it clears entire rooms in seconds in the maze area with the poisonous satyrs and rats.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is that a new thing? I don’t remember that. I played in EA and early release though so maybe I just missed it as things were changing.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Is that a new thing? I don’t remember that. I played in EA and early release though so maybe I just missed it as things were changing.
No, it's always been there as far I know. Should call it "game journalist" mode LOL

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Downloaded this game from game pass due to all the recommendations here. Definitely fun, beat hades on run 23 with fists. Didn't really have great synergy with the boons on that particular run, but divine dash and doom on attack got me through. Really amazing how different each run can be based on the boons you get etc
Took me my 25th attempt and finally, beat Hades with the Gloves, got lucky boons too. KRA KRA!

• 2Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Took me my 25th attempt and finally, beat Hades with the Gloves, got lucky boons too. KRA KRA!
whyru.gif

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
That was a hell of a rush, I was certain I was going to die.

Attachments

• 20220618_153254.jpg
    20220618_153254.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
I notice none of these records were set with a piece of shit spear

Spear is definitely the worst weapon by far, from my experience. Bow and Shield were my MVPs, Sword/Fist/Gun were mid.

• 2Solidarity

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Spear is awesome wtf you clowns smoking. Doing the large sweeping attack with certain booms could clear the whole screen dash striking around.

• 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh yeah? Well my dad with bow could beat your dad with spear!

• 1Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally got around to playing this and I do suck at it. I guess you just need to continue to grind and unlock stuffs.

• 1Truth!