Halloween 2018

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brad2770

I figure those that go all out for Halloween have already started brainstorming for their costumes this year. I don’t dress up. Just not my thing. But I have always wanted to put together a nice costume for my kid. This year is the year.

He chose Fortnite.

The Reaper with Love Wings and The Plunja. His candy pail will be a Chug Jug.

1110E886-A2C5-4C4D-8BEC-A07CA73D2DEC.jpeg

CD733B97-195E-4346-985C-D054804DBE05.jpeg

B0F8881E-DC96-449E-95C0-B05AAC981395.jpeg

Here’s what I have so far:

-Toy sword and plunger.

-The black suit. I still need to get a black shirt, a black tie and the shoes.

-The beard. I’ll need to style it a little to get it to match the skin from the game.

-Flat pieces of styrofoam to craft the stone wings. I don’t have the paint yet.

The reason I have posted this early is because I may need a little bit of advice on how to secure the wings to his back so they aren’t fragile, they don’t move or sway much and they aren’t uncomfortable for him. I’m also open to suggestions that may work better than what I have planned. The most work will be the Chug Jug and the wings and I need to get started on them.

He is going to QuakeCon in August and wants to wear it there too, so trying to have it ready in the next month to month and a half.

• 4Like
  • 1Jonesing
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

orionTZ1998

Golden Squire
Does anybody know of any good Black Friday deals? What's on everyone's Christmas list? Anyone have fun plans for New Year's?

• 2Picard
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Prolly get a pretty good reception at Quakecon haha. I'm trying to convince a few people to go this year.

It's never too early to plan a good Halloween costume. My brother and I debating on going as the Spanish Inquisition (regardless of theme...because no one expects the Spanish Inquisition), Fester and Gomez Adams among others. It's like 49% of the fun, the other 51% coming from tequila.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
The boys are really into teen titans go so we will prolly do that, one can be robin the other beast boy, my wife will be raven and I can go cyborg, just hope no one gives me shit for the blackface.

• 1Like

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
I’d love to be able to build this as a costume, but there’s the whole “I’m not talented or rich” situation I need to take care of first.

1529640902140.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
We do Mickey’s Halloween party (Anaheim) every year. If not on the 31st usually the Friday before. Last year we went as the Avengers. This year it’s looking like the Incredibles.

Edit: best year was the Goonies

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The best place to get ideas is to wait for colleges to put out their lists of banned costumes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
A Halloween costume thread in June is almost as idiotic as having a Christmas hat on your forum avatar in June!

• 2Worf
  • 1Haram
  • 1Triggered

Brad2770

Started getting the first parts today. I think I’m more excited about this costume than he is.

B2293BAF-9F13-434B-AC20-4DA05F727967.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
A Halloween costume thread in June is almost as idiotic as having a Christmas hat on your forum avatar in June!

I just ordered my Mickeys Halloween tickets like 30 seconds ago. If anything like previous years they’ll be sold out in a month.

Halloween is no joke if you have kids. Start prepping at the latest by June! By August you’ll be ordering Xmas presents or you’ll be buying them in November from some neckbeard on Amazon.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well after watching incredibles 2 the kids may have changed their minds, if my older one wants to be mister incredible I may have to settle for frozone, so still blackface.

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That plunja thing is so stupid. How well does it stay together?

Did you switch swords? The sword in the plunger isn't the same one you showed us above.

• 1Hodjing

Brad2770

Same sword. Redid the hilt. But I redid it again when it came loose. I’ll score the sides of the sword and then drill 4 small holes for the JB Weld to seep into. I’ll smooth out the JB Weld in the plunger and paint it to match the plunger after I connect the sword again. The JB Weld is stuck to the plunger. The plunger tore before the JB came loose.

E26B3105-850F-4234-BB63-42A6074CD990.jpeg

56A4A470-F0B9-4358-9F63-54F59F3CC129.jpeg

• 1Like

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
I'm a tall bald guy who owns suits, gloves and stainless steel 1911s so I always go as Agent 47. I really want to mix it up and put some real effort into Dredd.

Brad2770 Brad2770 is doing god's work for putting this level of effort in for his kids.

• 1Like

Brad2770

I'm a tall bald guy who owns suits, gloves and stainless steel 1911s so I always go as Agent 47. I really want to mix it up and put some real effort into Dredd.

Brad2770 Brad2770 is doing god's work for putting this level of effort in for his kids.

I live vicariously through my kid. After it’s all said and done, this costume will cost about $200 and he will wear it twice. It will be totally worth it to see him dressed up and doing Jubilation.

C3954B46-3E3A-449C-A4C8-02291ABACB6B.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

You are just going to be looking for a harness for wings and there are tons of cosplay tutorials out there. You are going to need to ruin the suit jacket for sure by creating two slits in it.

Wing Harness – HCC Cosplay

Cosplay How To: Wings, Part 2 - Wing Harness

My plan was to do the wings out of styrofoam and paint them. Run a wooden dal rod all the way up the main “support” of the wing and glue it in. Then use some clear plexiglass glass to glue on the top and bottom, near the dal rods for support and so they will not sway independently.

For the back, I would get some PVC pipe, that was just big enough for the dal rods to slide into, and mount it at an angle into a PVC elbow joint. I would then connect that to a metal pipe, curved into a U connecting to both elbow joints. This is to offer support against his back so once the wings are mounted, they don’t sag.

I would then assemble this into a harness by having a piece of scrap leather against his back, the flattened pipe pressed against the leather (I would curve the pipe to fit with the curve of his back) and then have canvas sewn to the leather. I would then have two shoulder straps sewn on and a waist strap.

The ends of the PVC would then protrude fromhis back and you slide the wings into the two holes of the PVC.