Halloween (2018)

Fedor

<Banned>
v1295yujkqp11.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
house is pitch black, shutters askew, but hey at least we got a brand new porch light that has electricity.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I knew a guy that wore JNCOs everyday, and each day topped it with a different button down from hot topic or walmart that featured a daily rotation of at least 2 of these items on each shirt:

Flames
Dragons
DBZ
Tachometer
Full Moon
Wolves Howling
More Flames
Tribal Patterns
Snakes
Jesters
Evil Jesters
Holy shit, did you know Guy Fieri?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Of all the things to pick apart
yeah, but as a photographer when i see stupid composition, it triggers me. like, have the house interior lit up too and put the shadow or the silhouette of MM in the house so it looks much more menacing. also having all the kids dressed up as MM in the same costume he uses diminishes his personae. perhaps have one of the kids dressed in the clown suit MM wore as a kid. maybe another in a hospital gown. one kid could be the bedsheet ghost MM. i guess i'm overthinking this, but that picture just looks fucking lazy.

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
where the hell in the US is Voyagers! being syndicated?

i like that house, bars all over the windows, but the back of the house is completely open. also that scene is filmed flat, like no sense of suspense, just walks in, bonk bonk bonk.

mob drop was 3p 6s 1c
and

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=596

item_592.png
Butcher Knife
LORE ITEM NO TRADE PLACEABLE
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 24
DMG: 3 Dmg Bonus: 28
Backstab DMG: 3
This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
WT: 2.5 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL except CLR PAL DRU MNK SHM BER
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)
Slot 2, Type 20 (Ornamentation)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

i like that house, bars all over the windows, but the back of the house is completely open. also that scene is filmed flat, like no sense of suspense, just walks in, bonk bonk bonk.

mob drop was 3p 6s 1c
and

Butcher Knife

item_592.png
Butcher Knife
LORE ITEM NO TRADE PLACEABLE
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 24
DMG: 3 Dmg Bonus: 28
Backstab DMG: 3
This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
WT: 2.5 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL except CLR PAL DRU MNK SHM BER
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)
Slot 2, Type 20 (Ornamentation)

Movie is looking like ass. No suspense.

The tone is comical in its pacing and at times ironic. Not great things for a Halloween comeback horror movie. Won't surprise me if we see some TLJ humor sprinkled on top.

• 1Like

Caliane

i like that house, bars all over the windows, but the back of the house is completely open.
Didn't you see the waist high chain link fence. no one can get past that. dont need bars on the windows past it.

But seriously. holy shit... is it supposed to be a comedy?
going back to that promo pic... I think it is?

I am a bit baffled why rehashing this shit again. Halloween 3 and the idea of an anthology has been making a big resurgence. The really should have done that. "we can't beat Trick R' Treat, why bother"?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Didn't you see the waist high chain link fence. no one can get past that. dont need bars on the windows past it.

But seriously. holy shit... is it supposed to be a comedy?
going back to that promo pic... I think it is?

I am a bit baffled why rehashing this shit again. Halloween 3 and the idea of an anthology has been making a big resurgence. The really should have done that. we can't beat Trick R' Treat, why bother?
Trick R Treat is probably the best halloween movie in the last 30+ years. and yeah, i think this movie is actually a comedy, they're subverting expectations, but at least if they are going for laughs then it might work. doesn't JLC do a horror comedy show on TV now called Scream Queens? this fits in with that theme.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can do a dark comedy horror but its the rug-pulled thing that's annoying me. I think people were expecting retro Halloween horror.

I guess we're supposed to just laugh about it...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I can do a dark comedy horror but its the rug-pulled thing that's annoying me. I think people were expecting retro Halloween horror.

I guess we're supposed to just laugh about it...
look man, i am a huge horror buff as well as a HUGE White Zombie Fan, but Rob Zombie completely fucked this franchise and it was already fucked when he got his hands on it. if they want to play it for laughs now, there is no harm done. IF thats what they're going for. if this is supposed to be serious then its reached a new low not thought possible.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Rex Reed is a faggot. But he's been around for decades. His reviews are typically in the ballpark of accurate. The criticisms he made confirmed what a few of us have been saying about the lack of suspense and cinematography. I don't care about body count anymore. I just want shit to be scary and atmospheric

Caliane

I mean, I am more likely to see it, if it is intentionally campy.

Halloween: vs Graboids would be amazing.

• 1Like

J_Hurry

Molten Core Raider
Just got back from matinee. The original Halloween (1978) is my second favorite film of all time so when I first heard about the 40 year concept, I was pretty stoked but ultimately knew there was no way they were going to match the authentic spookiness of the original. I still expected a top notch production and stayed up with every bit of info on my news feed for the past year. I was genuinely excited for the release after suffering through 40 years of awful sequels and Rob Zombie's abominations.

Not sure what I just watched, it was a strange experience overall. Myers and Laurie (Curtis) performances were fine and I was OK with the plot. It all just felt very contrived. They tried desperately to terrify us in the last act but I felt nothing of the sort. The one thing that really brought the original to life was Carpenter's musical score. The very first cut had no music and if you watch the day scenes when Myers is creeping around with nothing but the environmental sounds, it 's a very hollow experience hence why it got bashed by executives. Once the score was in, it drastically transformed the entire film. I have no idea what Carpenter did with the score in this 2018 sequel, at times it almost felt some form of techno. I need to watch it again when it makes its way online and try to make more sense out of it. Right now, I'm a bit underwhelmed.