Halloween (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Juvarisx

Florida
RLM Jay really liked the score so I dunno. Haven't seen it yet will probably go if the RLM guys liked it though, they are usually good with the horror film rec's

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
RLM Jay really liked the score so I dunno. Haven't seen it yet will probably go if the RLM guys liked it though, they are usually good with the horror film rec's

Jay is a huge fan of slasher films. i dont know if him praising just the score is good or bad.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cinnemassacre guys loved it.

They did mention it being funny from time to time. Mentioned the score being good.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Saw it with the wife today and we both liked it. There were some things I would change but it’s very solid. Probably rate it an 8 or so.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Saw it with the wife today and we both liked it. There were some things I would change but it’s very solid. Probably rate it an 8 or so.

That's what I'm hearing. Record opening weekend too. 77million

I'd like to see this one in theaters but prefer a mostly empty theater for a horror movie. Will drive to some obscure theater.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Jay is a huge fan of slasher films. i dont know if him praising just the score is good or bad.

Jay is a big fan of John Carpenter soundtracks as well, Like...real big fan.

Also, the Movie was really good I was expecting yet another boring retread but it did very well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So despite JLC stating otherwise, this isn't a #metoo movie? I'm not going to be annoyed at some blunt, ridiculous PC bullshit?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I guess it's a metoo movie in the fact that the incidents of Halloween 1 has literally destroyed JLC and her families lives to the point she is barely a functional human and they get to exact some measure of revenge but no, there's no SJW antics run amok.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So despite JLC stating otherwise, this isn't a #metoo movie? I'm not going to be annoyed at some blunt, ridiculous PC bullshit?

I mean the twist of the movie is that Laurie Strode turned into Sarah Conner in the 40 years since the last movie and basically goes Deathwish on Myers.

It was the good type of female empowerment she was a victim and she got traumatized but it made her strong but ruined her personal life with her family in the process.

Like shock a well written multidimensional character. Surprised I can say that about a horror movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like

LiquidDeath

I guess it's a metoo movie in the fact that the incidents of Halloween 1 has literally destroyed JLC and her families lives to the point she is barely a functional human and they get to exact some measure of revenge but no, there's no SJW antics run amok.

I mean, every horror fan loves a good revenge plot. I was just worried about some tacked-on, SJW shit. As long as it is some overt, preachy bullshit then I'm in!

LiquidDeath

I mean the twist of the movie is that Laurie Strode turned into Sarah Conner in the 40 years since the last movie and basically goes Deathwish on Myers.

It was the good type of female empowerment she was a victim and she got traumatized but it made her strong but ruined her personal life with her family in the process.

Like shock a well written multidimensional character. Surprised I can say that about a horror movie.
I'm not going to read that since it gives away the end and a_skeleton_06 has given me enough hope that it avoids the idiocy they seemed to be promoting.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm not going to read that since it gives away the end and a_skeleton_06 has given me enough hope that it avoids the idiocy they seemed to be promoting.

Yeah, go see it. Support good horror movies with your money, laugh at the 8 pg13 trashcan horror trailers you will see before the movie starts

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I am honestly surprised this is getting good reviews, paid no attention to this until just this moment.

Will watch On Demand PPV.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you cant really spoil the ending of a movie like this. its like me saying that "dont tell anyone, but Jason Voorhees isnt really dead at the end of Friday The 13th Part (INSERT NUMBER)"

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
you cant really spoil the ending of a movie like this. its like me saying that "dont tell anyone, but Jason Voorhees isnt really dead at the end of Friday The 13th Part (INSERT NUMBER)"

The couple having sex dies!

The guy that goes off alone dies!

The black guy dies!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf