Halo

Cybsled

All I remember from the books is Chief and other spartans from his team were fighting up on some orbital platform while the other spartans were down on Reach. His entire squad gets killed except the female sniper (who is basically in a coma) and then Reach gets glassed and Chief hitches a ride on the Pillar of Autumn, which leads to the 1st game

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just got around to watching it this morning. Why in the ever living fuck did they recast Cortana? This version is fucking ugly as fuck. What is the fucking god damn hang up with the US industry trying to make every god damn fictional female into the most fucked up looking, retarded woman ever? The old Cortana wasnt hot, but she wasnt fucking ugly. She was dead center mediocre and that was fucking fine. Of all the things to nerd rage about, I dont know why that grated the ever living fuck out of me. But ffs, when we finally do get AI like that - Im modding the fuck out of it because I know we'll probably still be under the tyranny of tranny "women" in the fucking software industry.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
Just got around to watching it this morning. Why in the ever living fuck did they recast Cortana? This version is fucking ugly as fuck. What is the fucking god damn hang up with the US industry trying to make every god damn fictional female into the most fucked up looking, retarded woman ever? The old Cortana wasnt hot, but she wasnt fucking ugly. She was dead center mediocre and that was fucking fine. Of all the things to nerd rage about, I dont know why that grated the ever living fuck out of me. But ffs, when we finally do get AI like that - Im modding the fuck out of it because I know we'll probably still be under the tyranny of tranny "women" in the fucking software industry.

It's still voiced by the game VA but I'm not sure wtf they're going for visually. Maybe the plan on going toward the game route and having her be more construct looking than real.

Cybsled

One possibility is they decided to go with an actress that resembles Dr. Halsey's actress slightly more? In game, Cortana was basically an AI representation of Dr. Halsey, including appearance

• 2Like

Daidraco

One possibility is they decided to go with an actress that resembles Dr. Halsey's actress slightly more? In game, Cortana was basically an AI representation of Dr. Halsey, including appearance
I legit thought that was the original story - that in the show, Halsey would play both parts. But.. whatever. Im over it now. Just annoyed tf out of me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife and I binged this from start to finish today (both felt under the weather so just played hookey) and as someone who was never a fan of the games with scant knowledge of the original plot, this was meh. They have some good actors wasted on shit writing. The fucking worst thing is that everyone other than a couple antagonists make the worst possible choices at all times. Literally, pick any number of points in S1 where it the protagonists had made a rational choice, the problem would have been solved instantly. Instead of giving her a cushy room with her sidekick and full access to computers and a 3d fabricator, Halsey should have had a bullet put in her. Creepy alien friend pixie bitch gets domed and the Covenant literally cannot access the artifacts anymore. Toss the fucking artifact into a star or black hole, no more superweapon. So many more examples of stupidity like this.

The bad writing does not end there. When Makee was going to Madrigal I was thinking ok here is why asian space rebel exists as they are going to both end up meeting the space witches and then link back up with the main plot from there, but nope. We got a slightly less sucky space Jesus story than the magical space negro from Foundation and zero interaction with Makee. The writing was just plain terrible. Which was a shame because the actors were decent with what they had to work with. I even like the pirate dude, but he got stuck with a bunch of shit writing that felt like someone trying to put their show idea in the middle of this other story rather than an organic part of the series.

And S2 appears to have picked up right where they left off, with evil government man making the stupidest choices possible. If you have two parts of a galaxy ending artifact, they should not be on the same fucking planet let alone in the same base together. And you apparently capture evil Halsey after all the outright treason she has done plus how clearly dangerous she is, put a fucking bullet in her and keep cloning her (which evidently he had no problem doing) to get any information you need from her. You know the location of Reach is likely compromised (Makee had plenty of time to tell the Covenant about it when she escaped in S1) but you keep all your fucking eggs in that basket. The whole thing with the marine chick propaganda shit was fucking stupid too. And now asian space jesus is back with even less reason to exist, since they snuffed her world off screen. The look and acting are decent on this show, but the writing is just completely retarded.

Xevy

Log Wizard
My theory is the "bad' ONI guy knows Reach is getting attacked and is trying to keep Chief and his team grounded because they're the best chance at maximizing survivors/winning. That's the Cortana "97% chance" thing, I think. It's just dumb the way he's doing it rather than being forthright, but maybe he knows that no one would believe him or they'd bring more troops to Reach and just cause more UNSEC casualties to an already losing cause.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
My theory is the "bad' ONI guy knows Reach is getting attacked and is trying to keep Chief and his team grounded because they're the best chance at maximizing survivors/winning. That's the Cortana "97% chance" thing, I think. It's just dumb the way he's doing it rather than being forthright, but maybe he knows that no one would believe him or they'd bring more troops to Reach and just cause more UNSEC casualties to an already losing cause.

this is the exact retarded logic they tried to play off in The Last Jedi with admiral purple hair not telling anyone anything and just pissing off the best she had in the process

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
3rd episode been out 20 hours now, no comments. I am shocked. It's picking up pace and going about as expected for hard points mostly.
I especially like how Riz found that gay love can heal your pain and bring happiness right before being vaporized.
I sometimes feel the memes write themselves.

Cybsled

My dumb paramount app on my TV keeps breaking or being slow as fuck, so didn't notice. Thanks for the headsup

Oldbased

> Than U
My dumb paramount app on my TV keeps breaking or being slow as fuck, so didn't notice. Thanks for the headsup
You are not alone. Mine has frame stutters about a week now and sometimes the stutter hangs and it rewinds like 40 minutes in the movie/video.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just fast forward through anything with the Asian kid, am I missing anything important?

Daidraco

I just fast forward through anything with the Asian kid, am I missing anything important?
I havent watched it yet, but fuck.. I forgot about the Asian kid. Son of a bitch. My rose tinted glasses were so pristine before you reminded me of that bullshit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i started halo cuz my nephew asked me to watch it, he's genz so he grewup w/ halo/gow, i'm on eps 4, i havent read the thread yet, but so far the humans are tolerable, far from ideal, i feel like they used the rere vhs save of cortana and korean girl is annoying (i ff), but the covenant look nice.

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I bailed mid ep 3, this shit doesn't make sense and I had to watch men kissing. This is fake and gay.
Not even worth a hate-watch.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I bailed mid ep 3, this shit doesn't make sense and I had to watch men kissing. This is fake and gay.
Not even worth a hate-watch.
man i'm only on s1, my nephew is gonna ask uncle lanx if i watched halo yet and i'll say

i stopped at
71yI-oRKiRL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Like