Halo

Fadaar

That guy
it can't be worse than season 1, right

kinda surprised it got a season 2 though its gotta be expensive as hell and not the kind of show that will get made anymore (niche, expensive, not much resell value)

probably already invested too much in the sets and IP rights. i do hear there's a whole new crew in charge this time so we'll see how it goes. if they can pull off Reach there might be some redemption for the future.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
probably already invested too much in the sets and IP rights. i do hear there's a whole new crew in charge this time so we'll see how it goes. if they can pull off Reach there might be some redemption for the future.
The cast was great, writing was terrible

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

I'm not a fan of S1 but I guess there is one shot episode in S2. I think The Bear is the only one Ive liked. True Detective tried and everyone loved it but the choreography was terrible and i I want to say it was only a 10 minute clip

The bear one shot was so well done i never picked up on it.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
season 2 starts in 2 days

FB_IMG_1705593556122.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Season 1 had some dumb shit for sure, but I liked John and I liked Halsey. If they make John a robot kill machine with small moments of humanity this season that could be pretty cool. Unfortunately the FPS scenes were the worst part of the series probably. That and pirate planet with Bokeem or whatever that shit was. I really like how Halsey is a good/bad person with pragmatic reasons for doing fucked up stuff. Makes her a character actually worth watching rather than just some noble scientist shit.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I was just going through my streaming channels thinking how amazing it is nothing new is ever on and saw new season tomorrow of this. Wasn't expecting that at all. Even with some fuckery of season 1, it was still decent and right now I'd watch 2 pigs fuck for 10 episodes as long as it was scifi.

Fadaar

That guy
Season 1 had some dumb shit for sure, but I liked John and I liked Halsey. If they make John a robot kill machine with small moments of humanity this season that could be pretty cool. Unfortunately the FPS scenes were the worst part of the series probably. That and pirate planet with Bokeem or whatever that shit was. I really like how Halsey is a good/bad person with pragmatic reasons for doing fucked up stuff. Makes her a character actually worth watching rather than just some noble scientist shit.

kinda funny all the characters i liked were female. kai, halsey, cortana. the rest were all kinda shit.

i'm prepared to watch it for free and still be disappointed.

Homsar

kinda funny all the characters i liked were female. kai, halsey, cortana. the rest were all kinda shit.

i'm prepared to watch it for free and still be disappointed.
I don't remember, what was the the point of Bookeems side story with the little girl? Did it ever go anywhere?

Homsar

Only 30% in to the first episode but it feels much more like halo than season 1. Felt like I was watching the first episode of season 1 since I thought the last thing I remembered from the finale was he had cortana take over his body. Season 2 they might be doing a semi reboot.

I didn't realize the actress that plays Kai was legit tall for a female. She's the same height as Gwendoline Christie.

Actually all the Spartans are legit height which is nice, the shortest male looks to be 6'2" which stands out even next to the women who are all a hair above 6'3". All the male actors seem to be 6'5" - 6'7". Not going to be able to find a legit actor at 7"

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Homsar

Episode one was good episode 2 brought back the kids which sucks so far. EP 2 was a downgrade but there is a twist at the end I wasn't fully expecting

Seriously, these kids bring the show down bad. Just fast forward through the filler. I was hoping they had abandoned that story. I know the Asian isn't really a kid but she is just terrible

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Noticed the CGI is less quality than first season, like it only had a few passes in detail instead of many. Also noticed in the start it pops up a Showtime production. I don't think Season 1 was.
That said these 2 episodes seemed like they were 8 hours long. Not sure if lowkey bored or just that they were really long. I didn't look.
Also it seems Silver Team is now full of comedian spartans.

I wouldn't call it bad, just a change to drama action with lots more dialect.

Homsar

Definitely pulled the fog or darkness like to escape massive cgi budget like Godzilla, pacific rim ect

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm not a fan of S1 but I guess there is one shot episode in S2. I think The Bear is the only one Ive liked. True Detective tried and everyone loved it but the choreography was terrible and i I want to say it was only a 10 minute clip

The bear one shot was so well done i never picked up on it.

you should watch the chef film Boiling Point, which is entirely one shot

• 1Garbage

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm a little confused about the second episode at the end. Isn't Chief LEAVING Reach as he says that. Seems fucked.

Besides the asian girl sideplot the acting in this is still pretty good. Pablo plays it well and I think Bokeem is better than he was last season as he's loosened up a bit. I'm not sure how much side story we need with Riz really, I thought the Kai and John pellet stuff from last season was good enough for Spartan development. Especially if we're to assume only John's making it out (how the games started).

I'm not sure if that Elite is an Arbiter or not. Hopefully he is because he talks about Honor, and he could even possibly be THE Arbiter from the game. That'd be a pretty cool story if they showed his fall from grace with the Covenant.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Both episodes felt like they were righting the ship episodes. They said season 2 was all about the fall of Reach. Maybe we will see Noble team to get Cortana out, like in Halo Reach, but I doubt it.

My biggest gripe is them continuing to screw Cortana's look up. Season's one look was bad enough, but season's two look is pure garbage. I guess they are going to chalk it up to this new director reprogramming her, or it's an alternate version/timeline thing.

This season being about the fall of Reach is going to really be screwy since Master Chief was not on Reach during it's fall, so different time line for sure.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Wasn’t Master Chief fighting in space up in orbit during Reach? I recall that from the book