Halo

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Considering how they femmed up the rest of the show, a frumpy Cortana is just about par for the course.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Nintendo would summarily execute anyone who suggests that Samus get narrower hips, smaller titties, blue hair and no lipstick to avoid the male gaze.
Wait Metroid is a girl?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Well, I was excited for this until I got through the first few posts of this thread lol. Another one dead by the blue-hairs before it even began. You know it's bad when the main actors peace out right after completing the 1st season. I put a 2nd season chance right up there with the live action Cowboy Bebop. Maybe we can have the female protagonists from this show *also* taunt the Halo fans on twitter, and preach to them about the evil patriarchy. It worked super well last time.

I went back to the Cowboy Bebop thread to find that twitter post from the crying main show writer (that was straight out of a blue haired SJW MS paint meme), but I think they've been safe-spaced right off of twitter, no luck, everything's deleted.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
"Shows about dudes who don't take off their helmet" is now an entire genre.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

Excellent way to avoid questions about genders. With a helmet on, the gender is ambiguous!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who isn't very familiar with the IP, barely played the games, I know who Master Chief is and that's about it. So my opinion is coming from a fan of Sci-Fi, not a Halo fan. I don't know how faithful they are to the source material, so maybe Halo fan will be bothered by things that didn't bother me since I have nothing to compare it to.

I enjoyed the first episode quite a bit. It wasn't the most amazing thing in the world, but there wasn't anything that really bothered me either. Special effect were for the most pretty good, some less so, but overall quite good especially for a tv show. The story was interesting enough, establish a few story threads and introduce a few characters that seems to have very different agendas, will be interesting to see where they go from here.

I'm looking forward to more.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Is Master Chief a black tranny? I cant watch without the necessary diversity.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So my opinion is coming from a fan of Sci-Fi, not a Halo fan. I don't know how faithful they are to the source material, so maybe Halo fan will be bothered by things that didn't bother me since I have nothing to compare it to.
This is the problem.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

"Nostalgia" is an entire genre.

"Oh hey, you remember this thing from 30 years ago? We remade it!"
"...? We turned it into a theme park!"
"...? We turned it into TV Show!"
"...? We turned it into a movie!"

And so on and so fourth.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The first episode had some pretty solid brutality. Limbs blown off and stuff. I never played the later games so maybe the story comes from that with the artifact. I enoyed it enough though ill watch more.

I'm also not sure if this was the correct Spartan origin. Really hated the Indian commander though. Hoped a Spartan would shoot her.

Cybsled

The first episode had some pretty solid brutality. Limbs blown off and stuff. I never played the later games so maybe the story comes from that with the artifact. I enoyed it enough though ill watch more.

I'm also not sure if this was the correct Spartan origin. Really hated the Indian commander though. Hoped a Spartan would shoot her.

Haven’t watched this yet, but from what I recall, the original Spartans were basically like that Kurt Russel movie “Soldier”. They kidnapped/raised a bunch of kids under grueling conditions with a high fatality rate, augmented them further (more fatalities), and produced a small but super elite fighting unit. In the Fall of Reach book, virtually all the original Spartans are wiped out

Cortana was made in the likeness of one of the scientists involved in the Spartan project

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Haven’t watched this yet, but from what I recall, the original Spartans were basically like that Kurt Russel movie “Soldier”. They kidnapped/raised a bunch of kids under grueling conditions with a high fatality rate, augmented them further (more fatalities), and produced a small but super elite fighting unit. In the Fall of Reach book, virtually all the original Spartans are wiped out

Cortana was made in the likeness of one of the scientists involved in the Spartan project
Okay this might be the same then. I was getting like robocop type feels but the flash backs could be them remembering their really early childhood.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thought it was meh, the special effects were all over the place, some were great and others just awful. Completely forgot Pablo was cast in this

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I didn't hate it. The Covenant were done very well and I'm a big fan of Pablo Schreiber so I'll give this a few more episodes to settle itself.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didn't hate it. The Covenant were done very well and I'm a big fan of Pablo Schreiber so I'll give this a few more episodes to settle itself.
Pablo has been a very under appreciated actor. He was the only thing really holding up American Gods

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users