Halt and Catch Fire

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

khorum

Murder Apologist
Gordon is way less neurotic and quite a bit more likable this season. So I'm guessing his nosebleed is some kind of terminal cancer and he'll be dead soon.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think they've done a good job toning down all the characters, which is probably why I've been enjoying this season more than last. Last season, everyone was too chaotic and destructive to find anyone to root for.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
this season started slowly but has gradually got more interesting and the plot seems to coming together

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah I loved the ending, actually. It got cancelled but if they manage another season somehow, it's a good starting point.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It hasn't been cancelled yet... but given its ratings, I don't really see a lot of hope of AMC continuing it sadly. Too bad the show didn't start as strong as the second season.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Huh, yeah looks like AMC hasn't announced it either way. Looks kinda grim tho, Kerry Bishe signed up for Billions on Showtime as a guest star. She could schedule both, but it looks bad for Halt.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can't watch this show now because it reminds me that I have a job supporting software PBXs.

khorum

Murder Apologist
They spend like 1% of the season hacking PBX's... and that's while subverting an oil company's mainframe. For the rest of the time it's some confused bisexual's emotional journey through an indifferent and patriarchal Reaganesque 80's. The show's practically written for you.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I wonder if they'll actually shoot it in california though. A lot of productions actually film in Arizona to get the same look and it's like 5 times cheaper.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This worth checking out? Buddy at work keeps talking about it and how realistic the assembly language is.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I like more for the nostalgia than the assembly hacking. There isn't much there of that but if the early eighties dawn of the PC scene interests you then you'd enjoy it. There's actually quite a bit of history about the rise of venture capital, tech envangelism and the fall of big-iron mainframes that they use as the basis for the drama.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Super shocked and very excited. This show has really compelling characters.

iannis

Musty Nester
I was way late to this show. Did season3 ever happen?

All the things listed as faults are mostly true, tbh... and in a different show they would annoy me. Probably very much. But for some reason in this show they make it work.

I think it's just the actors are able to own it. All the stupid shit that they all do is mostly believable. It gets a little heavy with their Joe interactions sometimes. But I guess it's gonna get a little thick with Joe sometimes, that's just his character. They did a good job with him, even, he could be a comic book villian very easily. But really he's just a shark.

Sarah I think was the dumbest so far. But she was cute.