Halt and Catch Fire

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I am enjoying season 3 more then I did s2 so far. The whole 'struggling mutiny' thing kinda annoyed me, the tension of 'can we make payroll?!?!' was never interesting to me. It's more fun to see them succeeding on a base level and trying to do bigger things instead, same with Joe's company. The programmer guy is a wild card so far for me, dunno if I'm gonna like him or not. He has an annoying scene followed by a decent one, but his mannerisms so far make him mostly unlikable.

God, I hope they don't ever kill off Gordon's character, love that guy and damn is his wife super hot and cute at the same time. Can we get some poolside or beach bikini scenes of her? Throw in Cameron for those who like her, idc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
The payroll tension was more interesting than the bullshit human interest soap opera tho. Let's hope they focus on the tech history stuff more and less fee-fee shit.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The payroll tension was more interesting than the bullshit human interest soap opera tho. Let's hope they focus on the tech history stuff more and less fee-fee shit.
Can you give an example of what you think is 'soap opera'-ish in this season? So far, it seems to have less of that then previous seasons (but I figure they are just ramping up to it). Season 1 was Joe and Cameron's relationship, well.. it was about his relationship with everyone, but that was the sappy one. Then, season 2 had all the marriage issues and revenge driven plots.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
So the brain-trust creating Ebay? Is Ryan on the edge of PGP or that too early? Not sure when that was created. Maybe certificates or the Handshake for networking possibly?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Nah, it's more Ebay. One of the main points is not having to meet face to face with creepy people from the internet. What's hilarious is that Cameron doesn't realize she's the creepy one.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Love this shows. Just powered through the first 2 seasons with the wife and now we're caught up on season 3. Love how joe went all in on san fran weirdo.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Hey guys, wanna see something cool?

bck_bottle.png

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Funny, i came here to say this show seems ti be getting better and better. Joe screwing over the board and helping gordon at same time is gonna be great. Then, gordo will help joe build teh internetz we all know and love.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
This season is my favorite by far, really love the character development. Joe is amazing his personal journey is cool and we'll acted. I also like how going for the money is going to end up killing them.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I like all the story lines going on except for the potential mutiny failure. I don't want that spoiled brat Cameron to be right about waiting for the IPO. Ryan was getting annoying, so BYE FELICIA.
Cameron moving to Japan? Sure, whatever. If she stops being such a whiny little brat about everything, good.
Joe, Gordon, Boz, etc.. everyone else's storyline is great.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last couple episodes have convinced me this is currently the best show AMC is airing. I don't think I've ever seen a show improve so much in such a short time, but it's unfortunate that a weaker first season meant the show hasn't gotten the attention it deserves.

At least AMC seems to realize how good the show is since they just renewed it. Unfortunately, it's for a final season, though at least we'll get a proper ending.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Quite the leap forward of the timeline there. Great last 2 episodes.

And didn't Gordon and Donna have 2 kids?

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
That jump was very unexpected.. felt like the jump you get between seasons, not in between episodes.

Donna's phone call at the end leads me to believe she's not going to actually drop her idea. Next season, IE (donna) and Netscape (gordo/joe/cam)? Netscape was open source right? I can't remember if Mozilla and Netscape were originally the same company or not.

And yes, Donna and Gordon had 2 kids, they mention the other one but I think she's older and away at college or something. The one being an angsty teenager was the youngest one, I think.