Hannibal

Devlin

Golden Squire
It seems to be they're heavily pushing him as a master manipulator who's actually able to almost completely control other people. I think Scully is obviously under his spell but is trying to goad him into killing her as a form of escape.

I like the Will Graham character and his whole empathy super power deal.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I lost my shit with the end of that episode. Asian lady agrees to help Will find Hannibal. Will finds this to be awesome, but just a minute. Needs to make a human/moth sculpture thing.

Okay lets go.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I feel like they are turning hannibalesque or using it to send a message to hannibal.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fuck. Amazon talked about picking it up before. Hopefully someone comes through and keeps it going.

fris

Vyemm Raider
kind of a dick move to announce they aren't picking up s4 when s3 is only 3 episodes in right?

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I guess it's better than it getting canceled in the off season after having closed on a cliff hanger. They have the opportunity to find a new home now or wrap this up in a decent way. I'm kind of liking the weird season 3 so far despite it being slow. It's kind of like Heart of Darkness but through Hannibal's mind palace and past.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
kind of a dick move to announce they aren't picking up s4 when s3 is only 3 episodes in right?
Nah, the assumption is Gaumont (who actually makes the show; they just sell it to NBC for peanuts in the US) will now have time to line up where Season 4 will go before the finale, or edit it to turn it into a series finale if need be.

zZZz. maybe this would be more engaging if one were to binge watch s3 w/o all the commercials/weeklywait. the lull is a bit too drawn out; it's not gripping. first few epi could have easily been abridged, .. all the flashbacks.
will's twist-breakthrough is to become buffalo bill? ...probably not.

Silence_sl

shitlord
This show can really wick up some skin-crawlingly creepy shit.

I have an iron constitution, but some of the shit they come up with gives me pause.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm actually enjoying this season quite a bit so far, but then again I'd watch it if it was just conversations between Hannibal, Will and Jack. At this point I think I actually like the show more than the books, I don't miss Clarice at all.

The only problem I have with this slow pace is that we only have 9 episodes left to get to a satisfying conclusion. It would be nice to see it picked up by Netflix, Amazon or whoever, but I highly doubt it would happen.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
It's possible Netflix could pick up Hannibal since they already have a relationship with Gaumont through Hemlock Grove. 3rd and final season airs later this year, timing would work well.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn, was just going through Sonarr (auto-downloading program for newsgroups) and it said cancelled over Hannibal. I'm all "wtf? that's a weird error."

For fucks sake, NBC is terrible at television...

Fedor

<Banned>
It's possible Netflix could pick up Hannibal since they already have a relationship with Gaumont through Hemlock Grove. 3rd and final season airs later this year, timing would work well.
Bryan Fuller on Hannibal's 'Cancellation' and S4 -- Vulture

Or Amazon streaming, or . you know, there's a few options. I know that it can't go to Netflix because the Amazon streaming deal for Hannibal would preclude Netflix from being able to stream it in a way that would benefit them. I know Netflix has been incredibly complimentary to the show, but that's the one place I'm almost certain that it can't go.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, didn't know about the Amazon deal, so there goes that theory. Fingers crossed someone picks it up. If it does return, could be fewer episodes.

TV Insider Article

TV Insider_sl said:
If you did a deal with a new partner, would it be for fewer episodes?

Yeah, the new venue would be an opportunity to adjust how many episodes we do. I would love to do 9 or 10 as opposed to 13. It feels so digestible. Tightening up the story and shoring up the narrative by three episodes is exciting. It can make things tighter and move quicker. At the start of Season 3 we had a couple of episodes that were very ponderous and intentionally so to put the audience in the characters? shoes and allow them to feel the grief of the Season 2 finale and the separation of the characters. We wanted to make sure you were feeling what the characters were feeling. And that required certain poetry and handling how Will Graham was going to react after surviving the Red Dinner and where Hannibal was with the abandonment of his friend. It really allowed us to be aggressively character based. Some audience members were upset that nothing was happening in the first two episodes. For me, that?s what the story was demanding.

Northerner

N00b
That quote (Fedor's) seems a little odd. Just watched seasons one and two on Canadian Netflix.

I'm sure the deals are going to be different for Canadian and American rights of course but still, a bit weird.