Hannibal

MossyBank

N00b
I love the foreshadowing of Will knowing subconsciously that Hannibal is the Chesapeake Ripper with the Stag that keeps appearing in his dream states. If you notice, that stag is a statue that exists in Hannibal's psychiatric office. And a scene in this latest episode in particular, the stag moving toward the bathtub with the victim inside. (Although I'm pretty sure that guy was killed by the organ harvester they caught in the stolen ambulance at the end.)

Visually this show is stunning! I cannot believe it's on NBC. It feels like a Cable show, or even a show on a premium channel.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I've been very pleasantly surprised by this. The acting is pretty good, at least for the main cast members. I can't get over Scott Thompson as the lab tech because I always think of him as Buddy Cole in Kids in the Hall sketches, but otherwise it's fine. I'm really quite surprised at how much attention it demands of the audience week to week. They don't play catch up like a lot of network shows, so it feels more like an FX series.

Mads Mikkelsen is doing a fine job as Hannibal, and all the food preparation looks impressive (and very squicky when you realize what it is).

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gillian Anderson still looking sexy. I like her as Hannibal's shrink.

Seemed weird that Hannibal took the risk of putting Graham onto the scent of Black Dexter after BD had disclosed that he had followed Hannibal and watched him murder.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
It was a test to see if he would survive the encounter. Plus, homeboy owned a string shop and knew they would look his way, and said he would kill the cops that came.

I really hope this show doesn't get axed.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
It was a test to see if he would survive the encounter. Plus, homeboy owned a string shop and knew they would look his way, and said he would kill the cops that came.

I really hope this show doesn't get axed.
Given that Will is already on to Hannibal subconsciously, if the show gets axed, I hope that we will see somekind of ending on it at episode 13.

Looking forward to the next episode with Lance Henriksen.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
The show is starting to lose me. I loved the first few eps, love Hannibal and most of his scenes, but a few things are really annoying the shit out of me:

Serial Killer of the Week. Stupid and unbelievable. This weeks killer story could have been skipped entirely. Oh great, they made the fatherhood link and shit. I could have figured that out anyway. Why can't it just be Hannibal? He's obviously killing people for food, so why can't we just follow his shit?

Ninja Serial Killer Battle last week was terrible.

Will needs to either break or get reasonably fixed. They're dragging this shit out too long.

There's more that's bugging me, but for now these are my major complaints. I'd like the show to carry on for awhile, but not if they keep up with the current formula.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think they should just call this show "Cooking With Hannibal." The extravagant dinner party was awesome.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The show is starting to lose me. I loved the first few eps, love Hannibal and most of his scenes, but a few things are really annoying the shit out of me:
I agree and the CSI team banter is pretty irritating as well. The show definitely needs to focus more on Hannibal and his doings, even if it is just on his past. I know they need to show Wills progression toward a breaking point but I wish they would ditch the episodic formula (killer of the week, CSI blah blah, Jack glowering, etc.) and focus more on the overarching story.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
The worst part about the CSI banter shit is that it has now been boiled down to:

Beardy guy says something snarky.
Gay Kids in the Hall guy retorts.
Token Yellow says something obvious.
Will shatters their illusions and blows their minds with the hard truth.

Worthless.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...l-for-season-2

Not too much of a surprise it gets another season somewhere, as the US rights are so cheap there was chatter they could move it to Syfy, but a bit of a surprise NBC kept it. (As it is, NBC has a couple shows that don't even have homes on the Spring schedule.) Because of that surplus of shows, I wouldn't expect to see it until April or May again.

And yeah, the show seemed to lose me. The first 4(.5) episodes really hooked me, and then I suddenly didn't care. I'm still watching it (it's not like there's more than three hours of TV a week right now anyway), but whether I continue next summer probably depends on scheduling.

this episode reminded me of ramachandran's talks/lectures(youtube) which are far more entertaining/informative. great speaker (and good books (phantoms in the brain)).

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Probably my favorite new show of the season and one of my top five shows period. I can't help it. I'm a sucker for villains who have no real reason for their villainy other than being an asshole. I'm looking at you, Iago. Lecter fucking with Will Graham and assisting all these killers while being a perfect gentleman and host to his guests (except the ones on the plates, of course). Add to that his penchant for killing the rude, which is something I've always secretly wanted to do, and his excellent taste in music and you've got one of my favorite villains ever. Plus, Mads is doing a killer job in the role. Don't murder me for the pun, please.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This episode reminded me of an old x-files episode with the rotting-yet living-corpse girl-thing.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Did anyone else find it weird that Ellen Muth's character was named Georgia and that she played someone who she thought was dead?

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
Probably my favorite new show of the season and one of my top five shows period. I can't help it. I'm a sucker for villains who have no real reason for their villainy other than being an asshole. I'm looking at you, Iago. Lecter fucking with Will Graham and assisting all these killers while being a perfect gentleman and host to his guests (except the ones on the plates, of course). Add to that his penchant for killing the rude, which is something I've always secretly wanted to do, and his excellent taste in music and you've got one of my favorite villains ever. Plus, Mads is doing a killer job in the role. Don't murder me for the pun, please.
I feel the same way. I'd like them to also cut the CSI banter, I'm sure they are trying to reach some audience with that crap. But the rest of this is spot on how I feel about the show. Glad we got S2

Brad2770

I love the show. Always liked Hannibal as a character and I was afraid no one could pull the character off like Hopkins, but this new guy is very good. He has that very creepy, but soothing persona. I am glad this show got a second season. I do wish a cable network channel would have picked it up. I would like to see it a bit more gritty than it is now.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
I like this show. I really wasn't impressed with the choice of actor for the lead role when watching the pilot but I came to like him very quickly. Brad2770 is right, he managed the creepy, caring persona very well
smile.png

smile.png

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
A big part of the appeal for me is that Fuller is taking his time. He's letting characters slow burn, which is anathema to so many current TV shows. It takes several episodes to really appreciate the creepy vibe that Mads is giving off, and just how close Will is to snapping his mind like a pretzel stick. And as for the grit, I would politely disagree. The show is clean, pristine and gory as hell. The cinematography is slicker than snot on a doorknob and I like it that way.