Hannibal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Apparently Fuller tweeted today that both Netflix and Amazon passed on picking up season 4. Goddammit.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah current season isnt very good. Every scene is some deep metaphysical conversation and everyone seems so depressed like they are about to cry any minute.

wtf is going on in this show.
this can only mean the pig surrogacy.

don't think that even the lez-kaleidoscope could have saved the series had it been in the season premiere. q&a comiccon mentions a lowered budget/filming ...and it shows; a few lesser episodes would have been perfect. also mentioned was the idea of a movie instead of continuing the series. (which, to me, seems the most likely of things to happen if anything)

moving to sat will only lower rating further given that canada still gets it thurs. can't be that much to lose by trying something new with the remaining episodes. fucking make an event out of the 2nd arc (remaining epi) by.. streaming all the episodes at once online/sell it in bulk ahead of the broadcast. something.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
New episode is actually not bad, Glad they are back to the crime scenes and stuff that made seasons1/2 so good and done with the artsy LSD trip first half. Ill be excited to see the interactions between hannibal and co, but too bad its too late to save the show.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Well, it's over and I think they did a good job with the ending. Hannibal and Will finally got to kill together.

Also, make sure you watch past the credits.

interesting interview:Q

was anyone startled by the more stated romantic explicitness of will/hannibal's relationship in s3 -- they mentioned 'love' alot whereas it was more pretext in s1-2. not shying away from their nonsexual hetrosexual m-m 'love' aspect is i think .. ?daring/mature/honest?.
though, i think that says more bout me/society in that you cannot publicly express mm love without counters such as "nohomo/bromance/comedy" without causing a stir. (circa WWII mm relationships and other cultures are/were less repressed... getting better though)

suprized that there wasn't another finale shot of them dining on margo+co. eating her baby's back ribs. maybe nbc does have standards?

also, s2>3~=1

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Is this show worth watching? Or any part of it? Watched Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon last week so been on a Lecter kick.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I've been slowly rewatching it since it came out on Netflix. The first 2 season are excellent and the 3rd season, while messy, is still very good.

It's amazing what the network (I think it was NBC) allowed them to get away with.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I've been slowly rewatching it since it came out on Netflix. The first 2 season are excellent and the 3rd season, while messy, is still very good.

It's amazing what the network (I think it was NBC) allowed them to get away with.
Yes it was very surprising that they had this on regular ol NBC. If you liked Silence of the Lambs or Manhunter from 1986, you'll definitely like this. Mads is a great Hannibal IMO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I watched the first two episodes and thought it was decent but didn't really have me hooked. Part if it was that it was rife with so many network television tropes. Does it get better?