Haribo Sugarless Gummy Candy

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Do you wish to torment someone or seek revenge? Buy these, buy these now and give them the gift that keeps on giving...

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-C...RankDescending

Read for some amazing testimonials! Read some of these at work today and had to shut my office door as my Director and VP informed me that I was laughing too loud and was disrupting their conference call with potential clients.

I was looking for a low calorie 'grazing' snack when I originally bought this product. Tastes fine. After my first enjoyment, I experienced something less enjoyable. That might have been something else I ate that day, so some time later, full of wariness and scientific curiosity, I ate some just before leaving work.

1 hour, 30 minutes later, after retrieving the children from school, we arrive back at home.

During this time, the gummi bears, hereafter referred to as The Fuel, were being carefully processed in the fuel system of Space Ship Me. I can only assume that The Fuel is a highly advanced binary propellant because it is non-reactive and benign in storage and even during initial ingestion. But as with all binary propellants, when mixed with the complementary other half of the pairing, the results are highly energetic.

Turning my parental duties over the the capable hands of the Roku and widescreen TV, I proceeded upstairs apace, shedding unnecessary accoutrements as I could tell this cowboy was about to Go Rodeo.

Entering the Launch Facility (a.k.a. real estate agents refer to it as the 'master bath') I approached the Launch Pad itself, a fine furnishing manufactured by American Standard. As it was handy to the direct path of travel, and to further the cause of Science!, I stepped onto the bathroom scale and made note of my weight. I then configured the Launch Pad into the second receiving mode and positioned Space Ship Me atop the launch aperture.

All hatches closed!
Exhaust fans to full power!
Sitzfleisch sealed to Launch Pad support ring! (It's a German double entendre, look it up.)
Fuel flow starting, easing open sphincter, commence count down!
10!
9!
8!
Whoops, 1!

Thrust built rapidly to the 100% rating of the nozzle. The exhaust thundered against the parabolic shape of the Launch Pad and reverberated back upwards, buffetting the structure of Space Ship Me.

I swear, if I had thought ahead to equip the Launch Pad with the kind of camera available for the Discerning Customer with Refined Tastes from a Discrete Retailer, you might have seen shock diamonds.

I know some other customers have thought that they might have needed seat belts, but from my dispassionate observation point, I could objectively see that I had not yet achieved Lift-Off. That happened on the Saturn V launches as well: they had to sit on the pad for a while at full thrust until just enough fuel has burned off to make the thrust exceed weight.

It's a long way to orbit, and I was in a hurry to get to the ISS, so the only thing to do was to go to 125% on the nozzle.

That's where things started to go wrong. Thrust increased, to be sure, hammering the porcelain, but the exhaust flow became turbulent. It was also becoming asymmetric. The signal came from below, "The engines cannae take any moor, Cap'n!" (I have no idea why my arse has a Scottish accent.)

Fuel flow dropped off and the nozzle output dropped to merely 10%, with some damage to the combustion chamber.

But luckily, sitting quietly for about five minutes, The Fuel had regenerated enough pressure that I could make another attempt.

After about thirty minutes and several attempts, I had not achieved lift off, and Thank God, because I realized belatedly that I hadn't a plan for how to get through the ceiling and roof.

But the scale revealed that I had lost seven (7) pounds.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No lie. I bought those a few years ago and ended up sharting in my pants twice in a week. Haven't eaten them since.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Sugarless Candy?

rrr_img_56950.jpg

Anyone who buys sugarless candy deserves intestinal distress.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It tastes exactly like real gummi bears, man!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've had sugarless candy once in my life (Reese's Peanut Butter Cups). Worst tasting candy ever.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Wish they had them in little small serve bags, great Halloween candy they would make...

Crazy Parents would think their children were possessed by evil spirits. We would have a other "Exorcism of..." type of movie.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I want to take these to a party.
We were going to do that one night. Put them in a serving bowl. They taste just like a real gummi bear, no joke. You can't tell the difference...until about 30 minutes later.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
A buddy and I accidently ate a whole bag of these that my mom had purchased for my Dad because sugar gives him headaches (it was from the bulk food isle and not marked). The "WTF IS HAPPENING TO ME?!" phone calls we placed to each other were pretty hilarious in hindsight. It was pretty much like having the worst case of gas, the worst case of constipationANDthe worst case of diarrhea all in one. I would rather get food poisoning than to experience the 'sugar free candy cleanse' again.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
We were going to do that one night. Put them in a serving bowl. They taste just like a real gummi bear, no joke. You can't tell the difference...until about 30 minutes later.
Just you know... notyourparty. But I guess it'd be weird to show up to another party all "hey I brought gummi bears." Soak them in vodka first maybe.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It would be a great idea if you wanted to be at a party where everyone has diarrhea. I'm just not sure why you would want that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Everyone BUT you. Come on now, it would be pretty funny.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I am disturbingly tempted to try these. I have a pretty iron clad digestive tract so I am curious how they would affect me.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was at a BBQ today and someone brought gummy bears and I thought of this thread. I ate one about six hours ago. I think I'm good.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I am disturbingly tempted to try these. I have a pretty iron clad digestive tract so I am curious how they would affect me.
You're safe at around 10 pieces. Every piece beyond that and you're playing with a loaded gun.