Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
its about as real as pet rocks and mood rings.
This is true when viewed through the lens of atheism.

When viewed through the lens of Christianity, it becomes somewhat more serious.

It's 100% about perspective.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is true when viewed through the lens of atheism.

When viewed through the lens of Christianity, it becomes somewhat more serious.

It's 100% about perspective.
luckily i'm not an atheist. what i mean is pet rocks and mood rings are hippy shit products invented to take hippies money. they dont do anything. people can buy new age wiccan books and follow wiccan recipes to make wiccan magic. but its all dumb shit that doesnt do anything. you arent even selling your soul because its not real. its larper stuff. BTW i had a pet rock and i had a mood ring. one was a paper weight i wasnt sure what to do with and the other was just an ugly ring that didnt change colors or anything. it was just an ugly ring. there is no such thing as magic.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
there is no such thing as magic.
Indeed. There isn't, not like you'd imagine it on TV or in the books or anything like that but the occult and witchcraft IS very real. Just not in the way people like Chris Chris may envision it as. So no, there's no such thing as levitating carpets but there is demonic paganism and what people are doing to manifest shit in their lives and around themselves via these spellbooks (I've seen them and held them with my own hands) is evil.

That's the nuance with it all. There are legitimate wiccans out there who are 100% into the faith and are literally like Salem's Lot style witches, I shit you not.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
But again, I'm not saying J.K. Rowling herself is some evil witch herself. I agree it's like D&D. It's what you make of it... to most well adjusted people D&D is just a tabletop game to have fun with. Likewise, to most well adjusted people, Harry Potter is just a fantasy novel of the likes of the Hobbit and such.

But there's some out there who go all autist with it and yes... it has influenced a certain sect of these people... albeit very very small, but it HAS happened and I have posted evidence with links to it.

I'm just not a fan of it~

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Vanessa is not wrong about Wiccans on the rise. Half of tinder in my area is wiccan and there's wicca beliefs even in women that don't openly claim it due to it being trendy. you'll hear that a lot as well. They're wiccans, but can't use the term anymore because its a popular bandwagon now. Any given dating app I've browsed is at least 25% wiccan chicks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Indeed. There isn't, not like you'd imagine it on TV or in the books or anything like that but the occult and witchcraft IS very real. Just not in the way people like Chris Chris may envision it as. So no, there's no such thing as levitating carpets but there is demonic paganism and what people are doing to manifest shit in their lives and around themselves via these spellbooks (I've seen them and held them with my own hands) is evil.

That's the nuance with it all. There are legitimate wiccans out there who are 100% into the faith and are literally like Salem's Lot style witches, I shit you not.
Salem's Lot was about a vampire named Barlow. the Salem witch trials was about bitches jealous of other bitches who made up rumors about them because they wanted to steal their men. there was no witchcraft. demonic paganism was just paganism and when christianity started, the roman Emperor Constantine decided to be cheeky and replaced all the pagan holiday dates with christian holidays so pagans would switch to christianity instead of paganism. no demons were harmed in this process, they just traded one religion brand for another.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Vanessa is not wrong about Wiccans on the rise. Half of tinder in my area is wiccan and there's wicca beliefs even in women that don't openly claim it due to it being trendy. you'll hear that a lot as well. They're wiccans, but can't use the term anymore because its a popular bandwagon now. Any given dating app I've browsed is at least 25% wiccan chicks.
i knew a few "witches" in my time. most of it is based off "a book i read and i was born under so and so zodiac sign" more hippy shit. its harmless. bitches always try to make themselves seem more important and powerful than they really are. let them have their fun. you can use it to your advantage. its a good way to get laid. start with a palm reading, finish with a dick reading.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Salem's Lot was about a vampire named Barlow. the Salem witch trials was about bitches jealous of other bitches who made up rumors about them because they wanted to steal their men.
You're right Chuk ^_^

In my head, Salem's Lot = witches in the classic sense, sorry. I won't edit it, that's my fuck up there and wear my fuck up proudly hah. But I stand on what I meant where there ARE witches out there nowadays that literally practice witchcraft in the realm of Wicca, and it's evil shit~

i knew a few "witches" in my time. most of it is based off "a book i read and i was born under so and so zodiac sign" more hippy shit. its harmless. bitches always try to make themselves seem more important and powerful than they really are. let them have their fun. you can use it to your advantage. its a good way to get laid. start with a palm reading, finish with a dick reading.
LoL... in the scheme of things and with the big picture it's harmless, yeah, but through the lens of Christianity, it's no bueno... it's another brick in the wall of the cultural rot of our society.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You're right Chuk ^_^

In my head, Salem's Lot = witches in the classic sense, sorry. I won't edit it, that's my fuck up there and wear my fuck up proudly hah. But I stand on what I meant where there ARE witches out there nowadays that literally practice witchcraft in the realm of Wicca, and it's evil shit~

LoL... in the scheme of things and with the big picture it's harmless, yeah, but through the lens of Christianity, it's no bueno... it's another brick in the wall of the cultural rot of our society.
i think the good book would approve of more procreation. let the girls have their fun. me, "oh you're a witch? how fascinating i could see stuff too. lets talk about it at my place. we can try the Ouija board and see if you could contact your aunt betsy"
iu

• 1Worf

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
You're right Chuk ^_^

When viewed through the lens of Christianity, any other religion is no bueno. When viewed through the lens of Islam, Christianity is wrong. You've got your bias, they've got there's, so what's your point? This isn't exactly breaking news. Oh, let me guess, yours is right and everyone else is wrong? How convenient.

And Wiccans aren't "godless". In fact, they believe in many gods and goddesses. Just like the Pagans and Gnostics before them that predate Christianity, and from which Christianity "borrowed" many beliefs and rituals.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: there are evil people in every religion. That's just the way the world is. But to do what you're doing, trying to single out one of them and say they're evil, is wrong. It's fear mongering, and you're exactly the kind of person that causes a panic like they had in Salem where innocent people were killed for being "witches."

Stop being stupid.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
When viewed through the lens of Christianity, any other religion is no bueno. When viewed through the lens of Islam, Christianity is wrong. You've got your bias, they've got there's, so what's your point? This isn't exactly breaking news.
How absolutely fitting that the leftist who loved the new Matrix would come in and defend Wicca. Amazing. ROFL~

And Wiccans aren't "godless".
My God who is the true God is not with you people. He could be. It's not like Christianity is some exclusive club. It's all on you.

In fact, they believe in many gods and goddesses.
I realize this. It literally makes 0 logical sense in the scheme of things and a logical debate between an Apologist Christian and a Wiccan would be a slaughter. Know why? Because...
Oh, let me guess, yours is right and everyone else is wrong?
Yes, this is exactly why.

But to do what you're doing, trying to single out one of them and say they're evil, is wrong.
I'm not singling out anything. Wicca is just as illogical, lost and "evil" as atheism, Hinduism, Islamism, and whatever other thing you want to put forth. If it's not in the light, it's in the darkness.

I know people like you view things as a rainbow and spectrum, but reality is that most things in this life operate under dualism.

It's fear mongering, and you're exactly the kind of person that causes a panic like they had in Salem where innocent people were killed for being "witches."
Um.. no. I'm a pacifist. I hate violence. We're the party of freedom. It's the left that are the party of fear mongering.

Stop being stupid.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Maybe it's just your social circle that's insane? Tranny hippy witches existing doesn't mean that JK Rowling is leading a massivley popular Wiccan cult.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Maybe it's just your social circle that's insane?
Nope. I don't hang with people like me... literally the opposite. I hang with normies.

Tranny hippy witches existing doesn't mean that JK Rowling is leading a massivley popular Wiccan cult.
Man, this has nothing to do with trannies, stop being an autist; I never said she did... in fact I said the opposite in my first post ---->
Not saying J.K. Rowling is some demon and this is part of her evil witchy master plan, no
She's an author no different than Anne Rice or Stephanie Meyer.

You have no sense of nuance dude.

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
How absolutely fitting that the leftist who loved the new Matrix would come in and defend Wicca. Amazing. ROFL~

My God who is the true God is not with you people. He could be. It's not like Christianity is some exclusive club. It's all on you.

I realize this. It literally makes 0 logical sense in the scheme of things and a logical debate between an Apologist Christian and a Wiccan would be a slaughter. Know why? Because...

I'm not singling out anything. Wicca is just as illogical, lost and "evil" as atheism, Hinduism, Islamism, and whatever other thing you want to put forth. If it's not in the light, it's in the darkness.

I know people like you view things as a rainbow and spectrum, but reality is that most things in this life operate under dualism.

Um.. no. I'm a pacifist. I hate violence. We're the party of freedom. It's the left that are the party of fear mongering.

"We're the party of freedom" says the person trying to stop others exercising different religious beliefs. Fucking lol

• 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
"We're the party of freedom" says the person trying to stop others exercising different religious beliefs. Fucking lol
When did I try to stop atheists from being atheists, or wiccans from being wiccans, or muslims from being muslims?

Seriously, pinpoint that moment please.

...and yes, the right is the party of Freedom.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Did a full series rewatch in the last couple weeks. I don't know that I had seen Half Blood Prince and both the Deathly Hallows more than maybe in the theater and on blu-ray maybe once after that. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it was pretty awesome watching them in a tight window, getting to watch the kids grow up and the tone of the movies clearly shift more dark and serious as they went along. Finally got to the 20th Anniversary reunion show they just put out and I would highly recommend it if you were into these movies at all. I was right around 30 when the movies started coming out and it was still quite emotional for me seeing how much the experience of these movies effected everyone involved in them. Good stuff.
And I'm still 100% onboard the Luna train, she's awesome

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
When did I try to stop atheists from being atheists, or wiccans from being wiccans, or muslims from being muslims?

...and yes, the right is the party of Freedom.
Does that include the freedom for a woman to decide what to do with her body? Cuz last I checked, 'rightest' don't tend to like that freedom very much. Or what about same sex marriage? Freedom still your thing, or nah? How about drug use? If I want to smoke weed or do a line off a hooker's ass, surely the "party of Freedom" would have no problem with me living life how I best saw fit and wouldn't impose their beliefs on me, right?

And before you start, I'm all for guns. They're cool as shit. But why stop there? The party of Freedom doesn't like regulations, right? Then gimme a fucking nuke. That'll help stop any government overreach, yeah? After all, the only way to stop a bad person with a nuke is a good person, right? That would be freedom. Or do you have a problem with that?

• 1Mic Drop
  • 1Picard

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The Morrigan The Morrigan before I proceed to absolutely destroy, drag, and mutilate your argument, do you care to acknowledge that you didn't do this:
Because you said of me:
the person trying to stop others exercising different religious beliefs.
I'm just trying to get this point on the table first and foremost before anything else. Also, my thread would be the best place for this dialogue to proceed if you genuinely want to debate me on....

...things.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did a full series rewatch in the last couple weeks. I don't know that I had seen Half Blood Prince and both the Deathly Hallows more than maybe in the theater and on blu-ray maybe once after that. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it was pretty awesome watching them in a tight window, getting to watch the kids grow up and the tone of the movies clearly shift more dark and serious as they went along. Finally got to the 20th Anniversary reunion show they just put out and I would highly recommend it if you were into these movies at all. I was right around 30 when the movies started coming out and it was still quite emotional for me seeing how much the experience of these movies effected everyone involved in them. Good stuff.
And I'm still 100% onboard the Luna train, she's awesome
i hear ya man, i just finished Goblet of Fire tonight and that scene at the graveyard completely pisses on the tone of the movies up to that point. i still think its fucked up and Rowing probably shoud not have killed off Cedric Digory and had his father scream in terrible agony over his dead body while the whole school watches. that scene fucks with me more now than when i saw the film the first time in 2005. and i know more of that is in the upcoming films.

Caliane

yeah, Wicca, and "witches" have had a major resurgence.

Feminism was a big part of it. mysticism, holistic, and astrology...
Harry potter is not the cause, but "gateway drug" is fair. But, right along those lines.. The craft 1996. Buffy the vampire slayer 1997. (1992) HP books started in 1997.
of course it didnt start there either.
much of that, came from Goth, and Vampire romantisation of the 90's and 80's. we can blame Anne rice more then J.K.

• 1Like