Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)

Tagline: Let the Magic Begin.

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Chris Columbus

Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Richard Harris, Tom Felton, Alan Rickman, Robbie Coltrane, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Ian Hart, Fiona Shaw, John Hurt, David Bradley, Matthew Lewis, Sean Biggerstaff, Warwick Davis, Harry Melling, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps, John Cleese, Chris Rankin, Alfred Enoch, Devon Murray, Jamie Waylett, Josh Herdman, Zoë Wanamaker, Julie Walters, Bonnie Wright, Luke Youngblood, Verne Troyer, Adrian Rawlins, Geraldine Somerville, Elizabeth Spriggs, Richard Bremmer, Nina Young, Terence Bayler, Harry Taylor, Jean Southern, Leslie Phillips, Simon Fisher-Becker, Derek Deadman, Ray Fearon, Eleanor Columbus, Ben Borowiecki, Danielle Tabor, Leilah Sutherland, Emily Dale, Will Theakston, Scot Fearn, Saunders Triplets, Kieri Kennedy, Leila Hoffman, Julianne Hough, Zoe Sugg, Jimmy Vee, Derek Hough, Dani Harmer, Mark Ballas

Release: 2001-11-16

Runtime: 152

Plot: Harry Potter has lived under the stairs at his aunt and uncle's house his whole life. But on his 11th birthday, he learns he's a powerful wizard—with a place waiting for him at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As he learns to harness his newfound powers with the help of the school's kindly headmaster, Harry uncovers the truth about his parents' deaths—and about the villain who's to blame.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i decided to start rewatching all the movies. i did Sorcerer's Stone tonight. the movie still hold up. its funny because i get Everquest nostalgia when i watch this. i remember people in game talking about this during groupings and raids, a female guildie had a major crush on Malfoy, yes in the first movie. it was only here i saw people taking up for Hermione. what a strange world.
BTW Dumbledore pulls a major dick move at the end by just awarding all the winning points to Gryffindor because he felt like it. everyone cheers. i know Slytherin is the dickhead house, but unless they cheated, they earned that win.

• 5Like
  • 2Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whenever my wife watches these films I love to speak in the worst god damn “British” accent imaginable.

“HAVE YOO SEEN MAH FRIEND, AIRY POT-UHH???”

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Whenever my wife watches these films I love to speak in the worst god damn “British” accent imaginable.

“HAVE YOO SEEN MAH FRIEND, AIRY POT-UHH???”
wizards in game would get a lot of shit. "you're a wizard, 'arry" and silly stuff. i think the wizard class was just happy to get attention. they solo all the time and hardly talked to anyone because everyone asks them for a port but not a group.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I didn’t watch the HBO special yet but years ago SciFi or some other channel did an hour long special about the making of the first three movies that Chris Columbus directed. They interview Chris and he says that on day 1 of filming, JK Rowling pulled Alan Rickman aside and they talked in private for like 15 minutes (maybe? Don’t even know if this is mentioned or relevant) and no one knew why. They found out sometime later that she told Alan the entire character arc for Snape and how it ended for him, so that he understood better how to play the character and what his true relationship with Harry’s parents was.

I always thought that was pretty cool.

• 7Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I though this was for a woke reboot for a minute there.

I've thought a bit about how to do it, have Hariet Potter be black (of course) with natural black hair, later it can be side shaven and she can be a lesbian when the romance plots start happening.

Her foster family are white racists who hid magic from her out of jealousy but once she gets to Hogwarts she is revealed to be Divergant in Glimmerhorn house which is a super rare house for students who are Brave, Cunning, Smart AND Hardworking. She is constantly emotionally validated and fights against the evil white supremacist Slytherins.

She single handedly destroys Voldemort permanently with a unicorn patronus charm at the end of the movie.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Rustled

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
at least we got the full series before the woke deadline kicked in. anything pre-2013 is usually untainted.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Harry would have married Hermione with Ron cucked and forever alone. His sister would hook up with Cho.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I cant wait for the woke reboot. "You're a American Inventor Harry!"

black-harry-potter--e1515762970867.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Salty

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
wizards in game would get a lot of shit. "you're a wizard, 'arry" and silly stuff. i think the wizard class was just happy to get attention. they solo all the time and hardly talked to anyone because everyone asks them for a port but not a group.

Oh yeah then in Kunark they would provide basically nothing to a Sebilis group. The mana regen rates were just too punishing. I remember being bullied on my wizard often doing everything I could, meditating as much as possible, but if you didn't have a rend robe to click, you couldn't bring anything to a group. I finally told them I'll just leave, and to pick up a melee. EQ had some terrible design on casters pre-Luclin/PoP. 15-20 minute downtime between helping kill 1 seb trash mob. Meanwhile rogues are doing all that on every single pull nonstop.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh yeah then in Kunark they would provide basically nothing to a Sebilis group. The mana regen rates were just too punishing. I remember being bullied on my wizard often doing everything I could, meditating as much as possible, but if you didn't have a rend robe to click, you couldn't bring anything to a group. I finally told them I'll just leave, and to pick up a melee. EQ had some terrible design on casters pre-Luclin/PoP. 15-20 minute downtime between helping kill 1 seb trash mob. Meanwhile rogues are doing all that on every single pull nonstop.
i knew a few wizards who made themselves worthwhile in groups back then. not the star of the group, but they would make some nice pulls and blast at the right times so as not to get raped. with me there slowing all the mobs nobody in the group died except me anyway.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i decided to start rewatching all the movies. i did Sorcerer's Stone tonight. the movie still hold up. its funny because i get Everquest nostalgia when i watch this. i remember people in game talking about this during groupings and raids, a female guildie had a major crush on Malfoy, yes in the first movie. it was only here i saw people taking up for Hermione. what a strange world.
BTW Dumbledore pulls a major dick move at the end by just awarding all the winning points to Gryffindor because he felt like it. everyone cheers. i know Slytherin is the dickhead house, but unless they cheated, they earned that win.
I love rewatch the New Guy for all the Kunark references and nuggets. I remember playing EQ as a kid while watching that movie and was blown away seeing him wearing an EQ shirt.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I love rewatch the New Guy for all the Kunark references and nuggets. I remember playing EQ as a kid while watching that movie and was blown away seeing him wearing an EQ shirt.
lol, i have to toss on New Guy every now and then. Eliza Dushku is so hot in that movie, it fucking hurts just looking at her.
iu

the EQ kid is great, totally random to the movie.
iu

there had to be one writer who said, i know who would love this movie. guys into Everquest. then everyone else on the writing team, looks at him like he's a retard. then he says "we can have him be black. then high fives all around.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Never understood the fascination with Harry Potter. When the first book came out I was like 13 or something and I rather read LotR at that age.
And then later they were just teenager books. I watched the first movie out of curiosity and thought it was a fine movie for children. My gf wanted to watch the last 2 movies recently and they were fine aswell. But nothing to relate to as an adult.
You are weird fuckers.

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
You guys can laugh and call me a kooky, radical extremist all you want, but fact of the matter is that this franchise is responsible for thousands of young people getting into some really evil Wiccan shit.

Not saying J.K. Rowling is some demon and this is part of her evil witchy master plan, no, but this seriously lead a lot of stupid millennials down a rabbit hole into some pretty Godless crap.

So yeah... Not a fan.

• 2Picard
  • 2Garbage
  • 1EyeRoll

Chris

Potato del Grande
You guys can laugh and call me a kooky, radical extremist all you want, but fact of the matter is that this franchise is responsible for thousands of young people getting into some really evil Wiccan shit.

Not saying J.K. Rowling is some demon and this is part of her evil witchy master plan, no, but this seriously lead a lot of stupid millennials down a rabbit hole into some pretty Godless crap.

So yeah... Not a fan.
I can't belive that JK Rowling invented Witches.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Right... so, I'm unsure if you're just trolling me or misunderstood... no, I never said that or even came close to insinuating this idea.
Yeah but there were very few Wiccan before JK Rowling spread her foul satanic propaganda and now they are fucking everywhere.

I can't walk down the street without seeing a witch nowadays.

It's just like the Satanism booms after D&D and MTG came out, there were human sacrifice corpses everywhere.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database