Hatred

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If Brad Pitt and Edward Norton didn't end up being the same person, Fight Club wouldn't have worked either. If Bruce Willis had been alive throughout The Sixth Sense, nobody would have given a shit.
Exactly my point man!!! No one knew AT ALL those twists were going to happen. If you knew all along that Edward Norton was crazy as fuck with a double personality within the first 5 minutes, it wouldn't have worked! If you knew that Bruce Willis was a fucking dead guy from the very beginning, before that ring dropped from his wife at the end of the movie and sending chills down everyone's back as he realized he was dead, it WOULD NOT HAVE WORKED. There is nothing in this story that DOES that. There is no revelation. The suspense of everyone being gone from the house doesn't matter because within the first 5 minutes you know it's a socially engineered game to create "Awareness" for lesbians! THAT'S WHY IT SUCKS. It ISN'T A GAME. It's an AGENDA. And THAT'S my problem with it. Capiche? Maybe I should say keep the AGENDA out of my games. Would that sound better to you?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This derail is making me want to buy Hatred to release my frustration.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Exactly my point man!!! No one knew AT ALL those twists were going to happen. If you knew all along that Edward Norton was crazy as fuck with a double personality within the first 5 minutes, it wouldn't have worked! If you knew that Bruce Willis was a fucking dead guy from the very beginning, before that ring dropped from his wife at the end of the movie and sending chills down everyone's back as he realized he was dead, it WOULD NOT HAVE WORKED. There is nothing in this story that DOES that. There is no revelation. The suspense of everyone being gone from the house doesn't matter because within the first 5 minutes you know it's a socially engineered game to create "Awareness" for lesbians! THAT'S WHY IT SUCKS. It ISN'T A GAME. It's an AGENDA. And THAT'S my problem with it. Capiche? Maybe I should say keep the AGENDA out of my games. Would that sound better to you?
No, it wouldn't, because they're not YOUR games. They're just games. They don't all have to make YOU happy.

Also, my point in referencing those movies was not to highlight the "twists", it was to point out that you can't just arbitrarily change an essential element of a story and then criticise the fact that it wouldn't work that way.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And to the surprise of absolutely no one, the game is terrible.

It's the same thing over and over and over and over. No RPG-lite mechanics, no upgrading weapons/body armor/whatever... ffs, as far as I can tell there isn't even any secret or hidden stuff. Occasionally cops/military show up with new guns and you get to play the game of "do I really want to pick this up, or am I never going to see ammo for it again?"

For all the controversy they generated, once you get past the basic premise it's really quite tame too. You shoot people. You shoot/knife/stomp them again when you need to heal. Kill everyone at the hotel. Kill everyone at the pier. Blow up the gas station. Kill everyone at the political rally. Survive a wave of 60 cops. They're all just a bunch of clones so killing them has about as much weight as mowing down zombies in Dead Nation. It's not even as gory as Dead Nation is either, all the blood in the game is just decals. It's boring and repetitive to an extreme.

Plus the controls suck ass. I was constantly getting hung up on doorways, unable to move around tables and chairs quickly, etc. Some things you can jump over and some you cannot. Good luck guessing which is which. Aiming is pretty awful too, and even worse with a gamepad.

Seriously, anyone considering buying this because retards want to ban it... just don't. It's about a 3/10 game at best. The only redeeming feature is the physics and even that gets old rather quickly. (And no, I wasn't dumb enough to pay for it either.)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, the first look stuff I saw made it look extremely shallow, gameplay-wise.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The worst part about this game is that it has made Moon Bat post someplace other than the Rickshaw.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
His posts in this thread are from last December, though. Don't jinx a good thing.