Hawkeye

spronk

FPS noob
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 6 Votes
Title: Hawkeye

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama

First aired: 2021-11-24

Creator: Jonathan Igla

Cast: Jeremy Renner, Hailee Steinfeld, Vera Farmiga, Fra Fee, Tony Dalton, Zahn McClarnon, Brian d'Arcy James, Alaqua Cox, Florence Pugh

Overview: Clint Barton trains Kate Bishop to become a "superhero without superpowers."

spronk

FPS noob

Disney+ starts Nov 24th

definitely a christmas show in case the christmas song and Hawkeye saying Christmas like 20 times didn't clue you in

Hawkeye is my least liked MCU character and nothing about the trailer changed my mind. I hope he dies.

6 episodes so should run Nov 24th - Dec 15th, then Book of Boba Fett starts like a week later.

I have a feeling the debate will end up being "which show is worse, Falcon and Winter Soldier or Hawkye"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Disney+ starts Nov 24th

definitely a christmas show in case the christmas song and Hawkeye saying Christmas like 20 times didn't clue you in

Hawkeye is my least liked MCU character and nothing about the trailer changed my mind. I hope he dies.

6 episodes so should run Nov 24th - Dec 15th, then Book of Boba Fett starts like a week later.

I have a feeling the debate will end up being "which show is worse, Falcon and Winter Soldier or Hawkye"
it depends on if it has a gay little Kyle from South Park speech at the end about white people needing to "do better". if it doesnt have that then it will be a superior show.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Looks a lot better than Winter Soldier imo.
The fact they aren't afraid to say "Christmas" is already a plus.
I have never cared about Hawkeye, but I'll be watching this.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, essentially I see this as another "Retire the cis white male character for the more diverse replacement" vehicle. Hope they prove me wrong.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'll watch this because it's MCU.

That said, while I like Jeremy Renner, I'm not a huge fan of his Hawkeye that has left me at best indifferent. So I honestly don't care if they replace him with Kate Bishop who has a fairly long history in the comics 15 years or so I think. Also Hailee Steinfeld is a pretty decent actress and is nice to look at so it might be an improvement in this case. :)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
female hawkeye fail on first bow draw
tumblr_prvfjrJNT21ry46hlo1_400.gifv

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Whoever came up with that 'The best presents come with a bow' line needs to be beaten.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, essentially I see this as another "Retire the cis white male character for the more diverse replacement" vehicle. Hope they prove me wrong.

Kate Bishop predates a lot of that, and took up the mantle in the comics when Hawkeye was dead (and I think even when he came back from being captured by Skrulls, he started back as Ronin, not Hawkeye)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Kate Bishop predates a lot of that, and took up the mantle in the comics when Hawkeye was dead (and I think even when he came back from being captured by Skrulls, he started back as Ronin, not Hawkeye)

Oh, I know this from the comic cannon. Which was a more organic and longer time frame. It's that the general stance of the MCU since Feige spouted "It's the M-SHE-U" has been just wholesale replacement without it being germane to the story in question.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I responded in the Disney channel thread. I like Jeremy Renner as an actor. I felt that the dialogue he had with Scarlet Witch in Age of Ultron was one of the better parts of that movie. I think part of the problem with his character is that he has not had much screen time in comparison to the other Avengers. This movie could be awful but I will give it its due because Hawkeye was due a movie. There is also the bonus that Hailee Steinfield is easy on the eyes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So, I responded in the Disney channel thread. I like Jeremy Renner as an actor. I felt that the dialogue he had with Scarlet Witch in Age of Ultron was one of the better parts of that movie. I think part of the problem with his character is that he has not had much screen time in comparison to the other Avengers. This movie could be awful but I will give it its due because Hawkeye was due a movie. There is also the bonus that Hailee Steinfield is easy on the eyes.
This isn't a movie it's a Disney+ show.

Oh, I know this from the comic cannon. Which was a more organic and longer time frame. It's that the general stance of the MCU since Feige spouted "It's the M-SHE-U" has been just wholesale replacement without it being germane to the story in question.
I don't mind a few of these female superheroes they are adding. Kate Bishop Hawkeye, She-Hulk, and even Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel don't bother me as much as say Ironheart or America Chavez. I also don't mind the 2nd generation heroes like Stature. The obvious gender switched heroes the last few years are the worst really.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
she also stole his dog too

thats pretty low

spronk

FPS noob

i liked him in that Wind River movie where he played a stoic guy who is good with guns and very stoic... which is pretty much every character I've ever seen him as. He's the white equivalent of the black sidekick character who is dependable, cracks jokes when appropriate, "is too old for this shit", and the camera literally slides off his face every time its panning around a pretty background.

I don't dislike him or anything, he just has been so generic and the same in everything he has done. I guess it hasn't helped that he is always next to a bunch of better actors and characters in almost everything, like when he was playing Tom Cruise's sidekick in a mission impossible movie and it felt like he might take over the franchise, but then Tom Cruise decided he'd rather keep being Ethan Hunt. Or when he played the same basic exact character in Jason Bourne, but Matt Damon decided he'd rather do it. Maybe Renner just has a really, really shitty agent.

i'm also kinda surprised there isn't more blowback about personal stuff, i guess there are accusations of him assaulting his (ex?)-wife, stealing money from his daughters trust fund, etc. Should be fun when all that stuff resurfaces when the show airs.

• 1Like

Caliane

no she doesn't. she was just round one. Kate was ground zero of millennial take over, and replacement. not super liked, massively pushed. better then Clint at everything. lol so random. Won all the awards, despite not selling well.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not gonna lie, I have zero interest in this from a superhero/MCU angle, but I would eat the corn straight out of Hailee Steinfeld's turdcutter, so I'm gonna watch.

• 1Solidarity

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
no she doesn't. she was just round one. Kate was ground zero of millennial take over, and replacement. not super liked, massively pushed. better then Clint at everything. lol so random. Won all the awards, despite not selling well.
She debuted in like 2005 or 6, the comic you are refencing that no one bought or liked that won all the awards (I dont actually know if it won, but it was nominated for an Eiser) was in 2018, the ALL NEW, ALL DIFFERENT Marvel imprint.

In the decade prior, she is shown, quite often, to be worse than Hawkeye, usually by Hawkeye being better (after he comes back to life). I don't even think she had a solo book until the ANAD books you're talking about. She got her ass beat (along with the rest of the Young/New Avengers, cause they mostly showed up during crossovers, got their ass beat, then the real Avengers showed up)

The first time she was paired with Clint was during one of the reboots around 2012 and that book was quite well received (if I remember correctly, it might've been the only one), and it steadily went down hill from there, culminating in her and clint's book during NOW and ANAD, and then her solo book in like 2018.

Cybsled

The movies had been pushing Hawkeye wanting to retire for years now, so Hawkeye wanting to settle some shit before he can really retire isn’t exactly forced.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database