Hawkeye

Sterling

El Presidente
Thanos was a cosmic entity at that point and the heros haven't really gotten their big cosmic level powerups by that point.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just started this. I thought Jazz Jennings was gonna be the new Hawkeye, like they set that up at the beginning of Endgame.

Did they switch out Jazz for Hailie Steinfeld because Jazz is having nervous breakdowns in RL or something?

20220517_112023.jpg

Also what's going on with Jazz's face? It's like one half of it is moving and the other half isn't, and she's too young for Bell's Palsy.

Legit questions here, not trying to shitpost.

Episode 1 was kind of fun, I like things that take place around Christmas and Kate Bishop is pretty hot. I also always wanted to see a Hawkeye movie (and a Black Widow movie... ten years ago and not grimdark, but ah well)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No she wasnt suppose to takeover for Hawkeye. Kate Bishop has always been the successor to Clint.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I like how ronins suit magically fits the girl

Renner is 5'10'' and Steinfeld is 5'8''. Renner is probably below-average for a guy in size and Steinfeld is above-average for a girl. The real question is how the suit fit Grills who was like 6'4''.

Just finished Ep 2. That Depeche Mode scene that segued into the credits was one of the best intros to a character I've seen in a while. Ep 3 starts with her sob story, so she's a little less cool now, but for a second there I was like "holy shit".

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
His kids are invented for the MCU, doesn't have any in the comics and even in this series he only reluctantly trains Kate because it's the best way to keep her safe.

Even though he practices with his daughter I don't think he'd ever train her to be a super hero because of the risks involved, if he could help it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Just started this. I thought Jazz Jennings was gonna be the new Hawkeye, like they set that up at the beginning of Endgame.

Did they switch out Jazz for Hailie Steinfeld because Jazz is having nervous breakdowns in RL or something?

View attachment 412871
Also what's going on with Jazz's face? It's like one half of it is moving and the other half isn't, and she's too young for Bell's Palsy.

Legit questions here, not trying to shitpost.

Episode 1 was kind of fun, I like things that take place around Christmas and Kate Bishop is pretty hot. I also always wanted to see a Hawkeye movie (and a Black Widow movie... ten years ago and not grimdark, but ah well)

my sister had it happen a couple years ago and she was born in 95 (actress born in 2000) so it's not impossible

it was funny to mess with her while it was happening, i kept calling her Harvey Dent

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished it, that was a great movie-and-a-half. I could always go for more Yelena. The last episode with the Christmas Tree and the heart-to-heart talk about Black Widow was good.

Speaking of Black Widow, whoever that was who played her during the Avengers Broadway thing...was hot as fuck. Looked like 2012 Scarlett Johansson combined with, like, Marisa Tomei. You can see a lot more of her in the last episode's post-credits scene.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It was a fun and Christmas themed show, I thought the season finale was a tad bit weak but just in minor execution moments, overall i liked the show and I'd be happy to rewatch it again in the future.

Kingpin's power levels seemed kinda all over place, he is shrugging off explosions and massive car hits and explosions like they are flies, I haven't watched Daredevil so I assume its par for the course for him. Given we don't see him dead I am fairly certain he is not gone.

He felt a bit jammed into the show to be honest, everything else sorta works but not much about him makes sense. Why does he want to kill Kate's mom? What about her whole "I've got secret info everywhere as insurance"? He doesn't feel like a Gus Fring type crime lord from the 1 episode we got of him, just a rando thug who has poor planning skills. I'd bet there is a huge disconnect between people who watched the shows he's been in and love the character and vibe off this appearance, and people like me for whom he's just Pyle from Full Metal Jacket.

The watch was pretty dumb, there is nothing that ties it to her and it seems completely unimportant? Kate's mom "disappeared" for 10 mins and I expected that to be super important, maybe it will be in the future and reveal she is working with ??? but for now that whole arc also felt weak. Just basically the show felt like a pretty good setup but a weak payoff. I wonder if the these shows are all gonna have big payoffs and reveals in Secret Invasion.

Kate Bishop and Hawkeye and Yelena are insanely charismatic, solo and together so the 3 of them more or less even out any flaws and it was great just watching them. Huge difference in how a high caliber of actor can elevate a mediocre show vs something like Wheel of Time or Foundation.

Agreed on Hawkeye/Kate/Yelena all being insanely charismatic. Unfortunately it looks like the only main character to get their own show at the moment is Echo, who I found the least charismatic of the four "good guys" by far.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Agreed on Hawkeye/Kate/Yelena all being insanely charismatic. Unfortunately it looks like the only main character to get their own show at the moment is Echo, who I found the least charismatic of the four "good guys" by far.
Agreed. I thought he was a boring character and was pretty shocked they are making a show about her that no one asked for.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Plus the way Barton's brain grinds to a halt when she asks him what to do with the mini van was pure gold.

I felt bad for the owl after his tree got knocked down. However, he made off with the mini-van so he at least got a meal out of it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Here's the track from the end of ep 2, when they introduce Echo in the room full of subwoofers and red light. The way the show segues into the credits with this continuing to play was awesome.

spronk

FPS noob
It was fun going back and watching all of Daredevil (now on D+) after Hawkeye, I get now why people love Kingpin. Character was fucking AWESOME in Daredevil, gonna definitely rewatch Hawkeye but wait until X-Mas because for all things there is the proper time.

and Die Hard 1-3 in honor of Bruce Willis, the ultimate Christmas movies

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Using Kingpin the way they did was dumb.

To have him get beat by Kate, but also give him an out by not taking her seriously and not even really trying to fight her makes the whole thing pointless

Cybsled

That really was the only way she could beat him - he basically didn’t treat her as a threat (she wasn’t) and his hubris was his undoing because Kate was able to detonate that explosive arrows.

I didn’t mind that so much. The echo thing with her shooting him is from the comics. As for her show, have 0 interest in it unless they make it a back door soft reboot of Daredevil

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Caught up on this. The weakest part by far was the Kingpin fight, and no matter how much you handwave it away by saying he wasn't taking her seriously she should have been hospitalized after being thrown around the store like that. Chemistry between Steinfeld and Renner was fantastic and definitely the highlight of the series, followed closely by Pugh who was great in this and in Black Widow. I had always assumed that Dottie Underwood was supposed to be Yelena Belova but apparently the showrunners for Agent Carter didn't have permission to use the character.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just went on Netflix and watched that Edge of Seventeen movie with Hailie Steinfeld in it.

It's actually good. The main character is kind of insufferable for a lot of it but I think that's the point. Her hot best friend looked like a younger Yelena and everything with her was cool. I sympathized way more with her than the protagonist, hope that was on purpose. Woody Harrelson is also good as the principal who gives no fucks.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just went on Netflix and watched that Edge of Seventeen movie with Hailie Steinfeld in it.

It's actually good. The main character is kind of insufferable for a lot of it but I think that's the point. Her hot best friend looked like a younger Yelena and everything with her was cool. I sympathized way more with her than the protagonist, hope that was on purpose. Woody Harrelson is also good as the principal who gives no fucks.
Woody Harrelson's best roles are when he gives no fucks. He plays that kind of character like it was his own personality.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

I did the same. It was pretty decent teenage movie.