HDTV's

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Well you go ahead and believe everything you read on community forums Ossoi. I'm sure that the guy who wrote the article can't be bought. Maybe he's got a bridge for sale too.

Well avforums is the UK/eu equivalent of avs forum, and if you know anything about home theatre then I shouldn't need to explain why that's relevant

Questioning the integrity of the forum admins who set up event in conjunction with Phillips and calibrated the sets and the integrity of the forum members (some of whom have been posting there for years) is as dumb as it would have been to question Furors early access review of WoW just because "Blizzard invited him lolz"

One person came out of that event with a tv, like I said, you confirmed you didn't read the article and that's all I have to say on the matter

NEWS: OLED Shootout Results in a win for Philips

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Well avforums is the UK/eu equivalent of avs forum, and if you know anything about home theatre then I shouldn't need to explain why that's relevant

Questioning the integrity of the forum admins who set up event in conjunction with Phillips and calibrated the sets and the integrity of the forum members (some of whom have been posting there for years) is as dumb as it would have been to question Furors early access review of WoW just because "Blizzard invited him lolz"

One person came out of that event with a tv, like I said, you confirmed you didn't read the article and that's all I have to say on the matter

NEWS: OLED Shootout Results in a win for Philips

Maybe it's right maybe it's suspect but ya I stopped reading after seeing philips sponsored and then won it. Do you typically read studies on why sugar is good for you and fat is bad sponsored by the sugar industry?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Maybe it's right maybe it's suspect but ya I stopped reading after seeing philips sponsored and then won it. Do you typically read studies on why sugar is good for you and fat is bad sponsored by the sugar industry?

I'm really not going to engage with people that can't read the article other than to tell you I'm not going to engage with you - especially when you throw in a false equivalence for good measure

Khane Khane already claimed that every attendee got "free TVs" when in fact only one person did, if this is the level of discourse then count me out.

Philips won the calibrated test but only by a relatively small number of votes. The genberally small differences between the sets was illustrated by "No preference" coming in the middle of the pack. If everyone had voted completely randomly then each of the five results would have received 20%. Philips won with 33%. So they didn't win by a significant margin - but they still won. The general discussion in the room at the time was that the differences between the sets in the calibrated test were not great. In footballing terms everyone played well but Philips won 4-3.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm really not going to engage with people that can't read the article other than to tell you I'm not going to engage with you - especially when you throw in a false equivalence for good measure

Khane Khane already claimed that every attendee got "free TVs" when in fact only one person did, if this is the level of discourse then count me out.

You literally just engaged with me (and khane).

I think it's common for people to have a general rule to ignore industry sponsored studies, reviews or 'blind' tests.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You literally just engaged with me (and khane).

I think it's common for people to have a general rule to ignore industry sponsored studies, reviews or 'blind' tests.

It's also common for people to ignore people that form an opinion on something without reading that thing

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just now realizing that the philips 9000 series isn't even available in america.

/picarding hard right now

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I believe only the Sony and LG OLEDs are available here in the US

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I believe only the Sony and LG OLEDs are available here in the US

Are the only reason the sony's a grand more is the sound and build quality (and name brand)? It's the exact same LG screens right?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Would you agree or disagree that you're ignoring me?

I'm refusing to engage with your critique of the test, that's different to pointing out how stupid it is to dismiss it based on one line of the article

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Never change Ossoi.

Lol, the second to last post before my link to the test was specifically about OLED panels from diff manufacturers

Other manufacturers are releasing their own already - but still have to use LG for the panels. Sony/Panny etc get the panels directly from LG as it's their tech. .

By all means feel free to post alternative comparisons for me to read the first sentence of and dismiss

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Got the LG 65B7A today, pure orgasm compared to my 8 year old 52" samsung and I haven't even starting fucking around with calibrations.

Me when I got it running and started streaming 4k netflix shit:

source.gif

Sound system arrives Wednesday so that will be fun.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Adding the apostrophe makes it possessive.

Gamers like to say shit like "That owns" or "You got owned".

My humor is lost on you.

Khane

Stop making fun of my joke Palum. It's hurtful.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user