HDTV's

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Picked up a LG 55 C7 OLED yesterday for my office/new game room and I am wowed by it. After doing some basic "calibrations" my jaw hits the floor when watching HDR and Dolby Vision stuff. Haven't gamed on it much, but opened up Destiny 2 and the colors and black levels were substantially different than the other plasmas in the house, so going to take some getting use to. Just need my PS4 Pro (Christmas present) and i'll be golden. Only downside I have is the screen is incredibly reflective, moreso than any of the other plasma and this room has some large windows.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Picked up a LG 55 C7 OLED yesterday for my office/new game room and I am wowed by it. After doing some basic "calibrations" my jaw hits the floor when watching HDR and Dolby Vision stuff. Haven't gamed on it much, but opened up Destiny 2 and the colors and black levels were substantially different than the other plasmas in the house, so going to take some getting use to. Just need my PS4 Pro (Christmas present) and i'll be golden. Only downside I have is the screen is incredibly reflective, moreso than any of the other plasma and this room has some large windows.

Careful gaming on OLEDs, burn in is a thing but can fairly easily be avoided with breaks:

Also I used this guys settings (his youtube is pretty great overall), the TV is fucking amazing it's crazy:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Also I used this guys settings (his youtube is pretty great overall), the TV is fucking amazing it's crazy:

Using someone elses settings is ok to turn off all the unnecessary picture processing stuff and understand what ambiguous display specifc settings are needed, but sheer lolz at thinking someone elses colour settings are right for a) your panel b) viewing environment

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Using someone elses settings is ok to turn off all the unnecessary picture processing stuff and understand what ambiguous display specifc settings are needed, but sheer lolz at thinking someone elses colour settings are right for a) your panel b) viewing environment

Aren't you always crying about not reading / watching the source? He does exactly what you describe in the first part of your sentence. That's the video. He specifically says don't fuck with the color unless you have a professional doing calibration.

It's a wonder why no one likes you.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Kiroy Kiroy Thanks for those links :) I think I have everything where I want it, but I am going to try them later :) I wish I would have known to turn some of those off as well. For example, HDMI-CEC which actually, for whatever reason, needs to be enabled when passing ARC from my set to the receiver... But also causes input lag for whatever reason on my PS4 and XBox 1.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Aren't you always crying about not reading / watching the source? He does exactly what you describe in the first part of your sentence. That's the video. He specifically says don't fuck with the color unless you have a professional doing calibration.

It's a wonder why no one likes you.

I didn't watch it no....but congrats on your playground level comeback.

• 1Picard

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Careful gaming on OLEDs, burn in is a thing but can fairly easily be avoided with breaks:

I got the 55" B7A, still waiting on delivery. How bad is the burn in? I was going to finally set up my Steam Link to do certain games on the OLED.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I got the 55" B7A, still waiting on delivery. How bad is the burn in? I was going to finally set up my Steam Link to do certain games on the OLED.

I have a 2015 LG OLED that is used 99% of the time as a PC monitor, I auto-hide the taskbar to avoid image retention (which is not the same as burn in). I really don't think it's an issue

• 1Like