HDTVs

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So a friend is thinking about mounting a TV outside on his patio. We're in south florida, so humidity is a thing. It won't be directly exposed to the sun, but it'll get plenty of light. Anything we should consider? Or just buy cheap TCL and expect to replace it every few years?
A projector would probably be a better option

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
So a friend is thinking about mounting a TV outside on his patio. We're in south florida, so humidity is a thing. It won't be directly exposed to the sun, but it'll get plenty of light. Anything we should consider? Or just buy cheap TCL and expect to replace it every few years?
Sounds retarded

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Tell me you live a 900 sq ft apartment.
I have a 960 sqft house and I couldn't really put a TV bigger than 65".

Does anyone know if the LG CX line has any kind of multi-input picture-by-picture mode?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'd tell him to just buy a cheapo $500 tv and expect to replace it every few years.

I've got a 7 year old Samsung that has been mounted outside for about 5 years and still works like a champ after being rained on, snowed on, oppressive summer heat etc. Outdoor tv's suck and are too expensive

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'd tell him to just buy a cheapo $500 tv and expect to replace it every few years.

I've got a 7 year old Samsung that has been mounted outside for about 5 years and still works like a champ after being rained on, snowed on, oppressive summer heat etc. Outdoor tv's suck and are too expensive
Yeah that was what I initially told him, just get a cheap TCL or HiSense and expect to replace it.

I came back later and was like you know could just mount it to a rolling stand and move it inside when not in use. I think it's a great idea, he seemed not keen.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was what I initially told him, just get a cheap TCL or HiSense and expect to replace it.

I came back later and was like you know could just mount it to a rolling stand and move it inside when not in use. I think it's a great idea, he seemed not keen.
My neighbour built a wooden cabinet to sit the tv in with sliding doors and it looks great and keeps tv pretty clean mostly, but his tv was huge and expensive. Pretty amazing how durable these cheap TVs are actually

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have a 960 sqft house and I couldn't really put a TV bigger than 65".

Does anyone know if the LG CX line has any kind of multi-input picture-by-picture mode?
Yeah anything bigger than 65” does generate a lot of heat.

I want to say that it does but I researched several TVs at once so may be mixing them up. It should say on Lg site specs.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My current TV is 8-9 years old. Still works great but looking to hop on the 4k bandwagon. Any recommendations? Looking around 50-55 inches, under $500.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Was going to get an OLED, but I think I'm going to cave and grab a x900h 75" or 85" instead. Crazy good prices on those (when on sale), from Sony.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
Just got this yesterday so far no problems
PXL_20201012_175350200.jpg
PXL_20201012_182110699.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Was going to get an OLED, but I think I'm going to cave and grab a x900h 75" or 85" instead. Crazy good prices on those (when on sale), from Sony.
There is only OLED and everything else.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Picked up a TCL 6 over the weekend to replace my 9 year old tv. Love it so far. Picture is amazing. Rtings.com had it as the best budget 4k tv of 2020, as I did not want to spend over $1k on a tv. So far very impressed.