HDTVs

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Any recommendations for a cheapish TV? Living room one died today, but we don't really watch anything that requires 8k to be enjoyed there. 55in or so size is what I'd be looking for.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Any of you iphone 12 people think its worth upgrading from an 8+?
I’m on a 8+ and I’m considering it. It’s finally starting to lock up and act fucky this year. I’d like to hold out as long as possible though.

I’ve checked the 12 out in person from friends and it’s really nice and ungodly fast/responsive.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Any recommendations for a cheapish TV? Living room one died today, but we don't really watch anything that requires 8k to be enjoyed there. 55in or so size is what I'd be looking for.
We go with TCL for our budget TVs. Haven’t had a problem with any of them yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Picked up a Sony X90H last week, and man it is one sweet TV. I still prefer using my Roku over Android TV though. The remote is just plain better along with the Roku UI. It's nice to have the Android TV though since I can use VLC on it.

• 2Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I picked up a 55" version of the X900H last week as well and it is flat out amazing.

Set up steam link on android tv with a corsair wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up to the tv itself. Everything in my house is hardwired so the remote play feature runs pretty well. Locking cyberpunk at 1080 cuts out any artifacts and it runs great.

• 2Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Picked up the 85" when Costco had it on sale for $1970 a few weeks ago. Only sucky thing about it is the in box stand, which wouldn't fit on my console and probably wouldn't fit on most others as well. Had to order a center mount stand on Amazon but as a bonus it also looks better than the cheap in box ones. Looking forward to watching WW84 on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So advise time please. Have a 2500 budget, person who is looking prefers sony. Would you say stick with sony or possibly consider LG at that Budget?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Why waste 2500 then?
dumb friends, asking for my opinion so i lazily farmed it out here. i think its retarded to spend that much if you arent gonna put it to use. i told them default oled 65 lg months ago, i guess they forgot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Then they should spend less than $1500 and get one of the non-OLED TVs from TCL, Hisense, LG, or Samsung. I can't recommend Sony TVs at this point, and I wouldn't suggest OLEDs for plebs.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How can I check to see if my TV has HDMI 2.1 capability? I've got an LG OLED C6 for gaming and an LG OLED BX for living room TV, and I'm hoping they've both got HDMI 2.1.