HDTVs

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Current c1/ other one mentioned vs worth waiting for the new gen about to hit. Prices similar or higher?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Current c1/ other one mentioned vs worth waiting for the new gen about to hit. Prices similar or higher?

Newer model will of course be more expensive than the outgoing model. I haven't dipped into the reviews yet but a C1 at "to clear" price is going to be better bang for the buck

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got a 55” whatever was before the C1, CX I think? And then I bought a 55” C1 about 9 months later and I honestly can’t tell the difference.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
C1 55" currently $1100, almost certain to be under $1k for Prime Day
C2 55" currently $2000, maybe it will hit $1799 at best on Prime Day? anyone have a leak or hear a rumor?

I'd rather get the C2 of course, but for half the price, it's the C1 all day.

Last edited:

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
I think Samsung 4K QN95B Neo QLED would make a very good large monitor.

It is capable of 144hz refresh (real refresh, not that fake motion rate or whatever it is called). Altough it maxes out at 120hz for 4k content, but for playing twitch games (fps) should be done in 2K anyways and thus will hit 144 fps no problem.

Input lag is pretty good at around 10ms, which is very comparable with gaming monitors.( not the same as response time. Delay time is time from pressing the key on the keyboard and result of it showing on the screen ) and has Radeon FreeSync.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah QLED is nice and bright but in the end its not OLED or QDOLED and thats the bottom line in the end - been playing on QLED since CX first came out and now using a QDOLED, cant think of going back to normal panels or even QLED.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Looking at this for a new gaming monitor:
Is 48" just not overwhelming to look at on a desk? Seems uber close.

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Looking at this for a new gaming monitor:
Is 48" just not overwhelming to look at on a desk? Seems uber close.
Not if you are doing computing/gaming on your couch :emoji_wink:

I do mine on a 75"

Yeah QLED is nice and bright but in the end its not OLED or QDOLED and thats the bottom line in the end - been playing on QLED since CX first came out and now using a QDOLED, cant think of going back to normal panels or even QLED.

I would 100% go for OLED if it was brighter for a brightly lit room. Also concerned about burn in, espicaially for use as monitor and also sport logo and ticker tape at the bottom and top right. That is the main reason I went QLED.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Just finished Ozark, which is one of the examples cited here, that shit was annoying and noticeable as fuck.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
C1 55" currently $1100, almost certain to be under $1k for Prime Day
C2 55" currently $2000, maybe it will hit $1799 at best on Prime Day? anyone have a leak or hear a rumor?

This is the best time to buy a C1. C2 prices won't go as low for another 10 months.

The difference between them is incremental, meaning the c1 is the better value purchase

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
A80Js being cleared out. Amazon has the 65 inch version for $1400 atm, paid $1800 for mine last October;

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For anyone asking about C1, C2, etc... just get the C1. Or even the CX if you see it particularly lower than the C1.

I got a 65'' C1 last year when it was right off the presses, and already it's going for half of what I paid for it.

There's really no need to be at the forefront of a "cutting edge" new TV when they make incremental increases over the previous one...and drop in value so fast.

I was long-overdue for a new TV and went with the one that'd have the most longevity, at a time when the stock market was booming and I had lots of excess cash. I wouldn't do the same thing now personally. There's no reason to spring for a C2 when the C1 is half the price and just as good. I think C1 will be sufficient until the next real "evolution" of TV tech, whenever that is.

Speaking of the next evolution, any predictions? A lot of futuristic movies have had hologram-screens and screens that project onto glass surfaces. I think the current iteration of TV tech is going to hit a wall very soon if it hasn't already, since there's nowhere left to go after 8K (and I don't even think 8K is necessary).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I finally made the dive and bought a C1. But Amazon fucked up and sent me a C2. Not complaining. My old TV was an LG plasma from 2009 so this is a massive upgrade. TVs are like fucking consoles or tablets now. Gotta connect to WiFi and download updates and apps and shit. Feeling real boomer.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, Question for you TV fancy pants big heads....

I want to find a solid new TV for my mom. Doesn't need anything massively fancy, probably in the 47-55" size range. Here's the thing though. She watches a grand total of two things on TV :

Local channels for News/Sports/Soap Operas/The Price is Right/Let's Make a Deal
ION TV , which is essentially 24/7 Law & Order/NCIS/Hawaii 5-0/etc...

That's literally it. So I'm thinking about using an over the air antenna for it. ION broadcasts in Dallas as 21.4. Now what I would prefer would be a TV which integrates enough with existing online resources, or OTA resources to be able to show her a "guide" like she's used to with Direct TV. Does such a TV exist that will work with an OTA antenna and provide a proper "guide"? She's in her 70's, so even a modern Direct TV remote has enough buttons on it to occasionally give her tired head so whereas I know I can get those channels with any TV and antenna, the trick is a guide so I don't have to introduce her to the concept of channel 11 point 1, or channel 21 point 4, etc.. Trying to simplify it as much as humanly possible. Already looking at this :

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
OK, Question for you TV fancy pants big heads....

I want to find a solid new TV for my mom. Doesn't need anything massively fancy, probably in the 47-55" size range. Here's the thing though. She watches a grand total of two things on TV :

Local channels for News/Sports/Soap Operas/The Price is Right/Let's Make a Deal
ION TV , which is essentially 24/7 Law & Order/NCIS/Hawaii 5-0/etc...

That's literally it. So I'm thinking about using an over the air antenna for it. ION broadcasts in Dallas as 21.4. Now what I would prefer would be a TV which integrates enough with existing online resources, or OTA resources to be able to show her a "guide" like she's used to with Direct TV. Does such a TV exist that will work with an OTA antenna and provide a proper "guide"? She's in her 70's, so even a modern Direct TV remote has enough buttons on it to occasionally give her tired head so whereas I know I can get those channels with any TV and antenna, the trick is a guide so I don't have to introduce her to the concept of channel 11 point 1, or channel 21 point 4, etc.. Trying to simplify it as much as humanly possible. Already looking at this :

Does she have internet, or no?